• credit crunch
    • murrayfield not meadowbank
    • hearts got a ticket deal with osasuna match
    • hearts had 38'000 neutrals
    • 5'000 die hard hibs stayed at home
    • told not to tackle barca players
    • hibs had to cross town

The People's Chimp

After tonight's debacle, the smallmarshmallowsweets.net big hitters are out in force, trotting out the now expected excuses. Some were standar, bit others required a degree of delusion not seen since, well the speech given by their cup winning captain in 1902: "we intend to hold onto this cup for a very long time."

Anyway, i digress, i'll get to the point. Just which delightful hobbit excuse was your favourite?

Guest gorgie kev
After tonight's debacle, the smallmarshmallowsweets.net big hitters are out in force, trotting out the now expected excuses. Some were standar, bit others required a degree of delusion not seen since, well the speech given by their cup winning captain in 1902: "we intend to hold onto this cup for a very long time."

Anyway, i digress, i'll get to the point. Just which delightful hobbit excuse was your favourite?

Shall i go to see Batman or the Tramps v Barca game ;)

The People's Chimp

MODS! I tried to post a poll, but didn't realise there was a 5 minute cut off and went away to make some toast! any chance of doing one now?? there were ten options, each one of them trotted out by a hobo over the road, or on here....

posted this on the match thread, but it deserves a mention here

I think it's testament to the fact that when things are perceived as wrong at Hibs there are a large number who won't stand for it and vote with their feet.

I also don't think that the 2 games are comparable, even though on the face of it it's pretty much the same fixture. There are significant differences in the economic climate, in the pricing, the novelty value, the day of the week etc.

The point about their owner shafting them and them still turning up in numbers, that's not loyalty, it's stupidity IMHO. I know if we were in that position there would not be a penny of mine getting spent at the club.

Cardiac Rucksack

"I am not going to the game on Thursday as the credit crunch has taken its toll on my finances"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The People's Chimp

1. batman
  2. credit crunch
  3. murrayfield not meadowbank
  4. hearts got a ticket deal with osasuna match
  5. hearts had 38'000 neutrals
  6. 5'000 die hard hibs stayed at home
  7. told not to tackle barca players
  8. hibs had to cross town

1. batman
  2. credit crunch
  3. murrayfield not meadowbank
  4. hearts got a ticket deal with osasuna match
  5. hearts had 38'000 neutrals
  6. 5'000 die hard hibs stayed at home
  7. told not to tackle barca players
  8. hibs had to cross town

:rofl:

Outstanding "flair with facts" there.

King of the North

The beautiful thing about the Hobo's is that their astonishing ability to make excuses for absolutely everything that happens to them means they will never improve. they will remain a farcical sideshow providing pure entertainment for Hearts fans.

The media helps them out in this - already on the scotsman match reports we are informed that barca were much more up for it than they were last year...

If they keep coming out with classics like Batman being on to excuse a pish crowd, or the stands being too high at Tynie to excuse a derby defeat (c. Tony Mowbray) then they will remain in their warped fantasy world where losing doesn't matter.

nobbers.

The People's Chimp

ah, it's almost too good to go to bed...

ach well, they'll be even more embarassed in the morning.

hinksikensi

just been browsing junkies.net and they are the most laughable and deluded creatures roaming the palnet. I have to say in a warped way i really like them!! they make me laugh more than any comedian i've seen! i think i'd like on e as a pet

"It's better to lose with flair than to win playing ugly".

That excuse has explained away the Hobos lack of success for a fair few years. What will their new excuse be now that the flair has gone?

'I will be at cowdenbeath on Monday, as I'd rather pay that to watch us in a more closely contested game, where the players wont be in awe of their opponents. I'm sure if it was a competitive game, we could have at least doubled that attendance'

'MORE CLOSELY CONTESTED V COWDENBEATH' ? -- How they have fallen :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

'like allan o'brien was looking to get on the ball tonight and made some good runs, dean sheils was very good tonight considerin the opposition tonight, also fletch played no too bad, the trialist (no 18) i thought he was pretty decent also'

Fletcher played no too bad !!!!!!!!!! -- if that's the best we now know what the worst is like

--------------------------------------------------------------------

'You are way out. We have a ?6m mortgage, yes. But we also have about ?6M sitting in the bank account which will go towards the last stand.'

So they now have ?6m in the bank as well -- 'hibomathematics' alive and well

Moe Szyslak

They don't need to come up with their own excuses, as supposed "Jambo" Stuart Bathgate and his colleague Alan Pattullo have already done it for them in today's Hibsman.

"At over 23,000, the crowd was respectable, close to the 25,000 Platinum One had hoped for and compares favourably with almost every attendance Hibs have had in Edinburgh in the last quarter century."

"Pep Guardiola insisted the game had not been too easy" and "politely praised Alan O'Brien."

"Barcelona looked much sharper and well motivated than a year ago when they beat Hearts."

"This was an away fixture so the Hibs record of having beaten Barcelona in their last competitive meeting in Leith, back in 1961, survives".

"The Hibs fans must have enjoyed watching football played a way which they like to think reflects their own club's beliefs."

"Take heart from the fact it didn't finish 7-0!"

Archived