Bannatynes Health Clubs

HMFC#1

Does anyone on here use either the city centre or the newcraighall bannatynes health club. If so how much is the membership and is it good value for money?

Not a member, but from my office on Queen Street I can see right into the jacuzzi of the city centre one!!!

Not a member, but from my office on Queen Street I can see right into the jacuzzi of the city centre one!!!

Any nice birds;)

Sawdust Caesar

I'm a member of the Queen Street one. I pay ?48 a month but you can get cheaper ones but you are limited to when you can go with them, i.e. off-peak. I think it is free to join just now, I paid a tenner but it used to be about ?50 just to join. As it is the only gym I've been to I can't compare it to others but it's not a great one, air-conditioning is very poor sometimes and it can be heaving during the busy period of 5-7pm but after that it is much quieter. The pool is only about 16 meters long and is busy if there are more than 3 people in it. I only joined because it is round the corner from work, it's not going to be the best gym in Edinburgh but I would doubt it is the worse either.Hope this helps.

Note to self: Pull down the blinds in the jacuzzi room the next time you are in.

I'm a memeber of the Newcraighall one and pay diddly squat so yeah value for money.

My mother pays for it and I think it is about ?40 odd a month. If you are going to use it regularly then yes it is worth the money.

Classes by trained instructors, numerous treadmills, bikes, cross-trainers, rowers, free weights and weight machines. Also has a pool, 2 saunas, 2 steam rooms, 2 jacuzzi's and a cafe.

Just about to join the one in Glasgow City Centre (easy for work). Had a wee tour and its quite impressive. No joining fee and ?39 pm gives me access to the 2 in Glasgow and the one in Dunfermline at all times, and the others off peak which suits me fine considering I would use it first thing in the morning.

I'm a memeber of the Newcraighall one and pay diddly squat so yeah value for money.

My mother pays for it and I think it is about ?40 odd a month. If you are going to use it regularly then yes it is worth the money.

Classes by trained instructors, numerous treadmills, bikes, cross-trainers, rowers, free weights and weight machines. Also has a pool, 2 saunas, 2 steam rooms, 2 jacuzzi's and a cafe.

It was the newcraighall one I was thinking of joining. Has it got alot of free weights.

Personally I think Bannatynes are over priced, For the wife and I they wanted ?108 a month and were going to charge us ?15 each to rejoin.

I asked if they do discounts for offshore workers as I obviously would not be able to use it when I was offshore, told me no.

Went to the local one in Rosyth, wife and I got it for ?59 a month, and they gave me 15 months membership for the price of 12.

It was the newcraighall one I was thinking of joining. Has it got alot of free weights.

Yeah. It has two free weight sections.

I'm about to quit the one in town. Don't like it. Not sure why, maybe it's the heat that someone mentioned. Used to a member of Edinburgh Leisure, it was great value plus you can used tonnes of different centres. And you don't have to give money to Duncan Bannatyne.

I was a member of the Newcraighall one until last month. I was paying ?55 a month and to be fair it was ok. However, I came from uni with a similar setup to the Newcraighall one and I was paying ?80 for a year! I have since taken up cycling to work so after my 12month membership (and them not asking me to re-new as I think they just expected me to keep paying) experied I cancelled. If they can't be bothered to post me a mail-merged letter telling me that it was time to re-new then they can GTF.

Archived