FAO Glasgow Jambos

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Calling Glasgow based Jambos - esp but not exclusively southside, i know there are heaps of us in shawlands - how are you planning on getting through to games?

My usual for the last few years has been - wake up late, hungover and disorganised, run into shower, run out and jump on the 38 bus to queen st, miss my train, get the next one, make it in time for KO (just), or get along early enough, up to diggers and happy days (until KO). Anyway I digress, waht i mean is I usually jump on the train, although I sometimes fire through in my car if there is no post match pint planned.

How are you all planning on getting through, just there might be some sense in car sharing, or even just getting a train through at the same time?

I've pm'd GHSC as I dont know if they run buses through.

Calling Glasgow based Jambos - esp but not exclusively southside, i know there are heaps of us in shawlands - how are you planning on getting through to games?

My usual for the last few years has been - wake up late, hungover and disorganised, run into shower, run out and jump on the 38 bus to queen st, miss my train, get the next one, make it in time for KO (just), or get along early enough, up to diggers and happy days (until KO). Anyway I digress, waht i mean is I usually jump on the train, although I sometimes fire through in my car if there is no post match pint planned.

How are you all planning on getting through, just there might be some sense in car sharing, or even just getting a train through at the same time?

I usually go through on the morning of the game with a mate or too on train from Queen St also.

I'll PM you before the the Well game.

chester copperpot

Good plan mate, I tend to take the motor through to most games, however would like to be able to offer any Hearts fans a lift through if they wanted. And also on the occassions that I dont take the car, if I could scrounge a lift through would be great. Would save me having to bus it to Buchanan Street for 45 mins, then horse down to Queen Street to the game.

chester copperpot

Could we not just use this thread to keep fellow Weej Hearts fans updated on how you're travelling etc etc. I dont mind letting people know when I'm taking the car, and when I'm needing a lift.

Dont mind getting folk at somewhere central either.

Glasgow Hearts run a bus to every home and the majority of away games.If you PM Ross(he's on holiday at the moment)before the well game i'm sure he'll keep you right regarding bus times etc.

I usually travel on the bus unless there is a drinking session planned(which is too often to be healthy:wacko:.)

Hope some of this helps.Cheers.

jamboinglasgow

when I go through to a home game (when I have the chance) I usually go through on the Friday to stay with my parents and thenwatch U19's on saturday morning and the the senior team soon after.

Take my car, though it is not often I get to do this :(

I see we go by bus and car, and I tend to go by railway. Crossmyloof to Central, swift breenge up Buchanan St to catch the train at Queen St. I've left the house at 10am and been in the Golden Rule by 11:40 using this method. however, I would be open to car sharing too as there will be far fewer bevvy sessions this season. Can't really be bothered with a detour via EK on the Glasgow bus.

Could we not just use this thread to keep fellow Weej Hearts fans updated on how you're travelling etc etc. I dont mind letting people know when I'm taking the car, and when I'm needing a lift.

Dont mind getting folk at somewhere central either.

Great news.

Speak news.

Glasgow Hearts run a bus to every home and the majority of away games.If you PM Ross(he's on holiday at the moment)before the well game i'm sure he'll keep you right regarding bus times etc.

I usually travel on the bus unless there is a drinking session planned(which is too often to be healthy:wacko:.)

Do you know a guy who goes on the Glasgow Hearts bus who's wee with dark hair and owns a car garage near the Gorbals?

Romanov Stole My Pension

I go by train too, i'd be happy to travel with Glasgow Hearts but i doubt it would be cheaper or faster and the train journey lets me have a couple of tinnies for the journey

I usually miss my train as I'm still wasted from the night before and shamble up to Tynie via my folks or a bus from Haymarket :)

I think we should charter a plane, then parachute out over Tynie, after a few attempts I'm sure we could all land square into our seats in time for kickoff.

chester copperpot
Do you know a guy who goes on the Glasgow Hearts bus who's wee with dark hair and owns a car garage near the Gorbals?

Cecil's normally too pished to see anyone, aint that right wee man?

The People's Chimp

nice one. good to see some car sharing options and also some potential for good banter on tha train...

chester copperpot
nice one. good to see some car sharing options and also some potential for good banter on tha train...

If all were planning to take the train, could make a wee day out of it for all the Glasgow Hearts fans.

Also hoping GHSC do some sort of do this year in Glasgow, would love to attend it.

I know a guy on the bus who has a garage but he's not wee and it isn't in the Gorbals.Sorry.

Cecil's normally too pished to see anyone, aint that right wee man?

You know me too well!

Now that i've chucked the smokes the drinking could get messy this season!

If all were planning to take the train, could make a wee day out of it for all the Glasgow Hearts fans.

Also hoping GHSC do some sort of do this year in Glasgow, would love to attend it.

Good idea,Andy.

This could be arranged early season if everyone is up for it.

eddie fenwick
I know a guy on the bus who has a garage but he's not wee and it isn't in the Gorbals.Sorry.

awright mate,you sobered up yet?

eddie fenwick
Fighting fit for the new season,mate.You still the same seat?

just a wee bit behind as cammy is going this year but ill be down when poss,are we havin another day out soon?

just a wee bit behind as cammy is going this year but ill be down when poss,are we havin another day out soon?

Oh aye!

Are you going to the Hull game?

I got that bus for a year from Burnside, decent guys like, but stopped cos I wanted through earlier and back later.

Stopped EK, Burnside & Broomielaw, probly still does.

• 4 weeks later...
chester copperpot

Me and Cecil are getting the train through early doors on Sat from Queen St if anyone fancies joining us beforehand in the Counting House. ;)

The People's Chimp

would be up for that but i'm heading over from fife on saturday.

But keep the posts going. :)

chester copperpot
would be up for that but i'm heading over from fife on saturday.

But keep the posts going. :)

This is a season long thread mate. ;)

We should even post our experiences travelling through (which I will once I've been oot with Cecil on Sat ;))

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'm moving back to Glasgow in a few weeks time and always get the train, but it fairly adds up. If any others who get the train fancy getting those group discount fare things i'd be up for that, save ourselves a bit money.

The People's Chimp
This is a season long thread mate. ;)

We should even post our experiences travelling through (which I will once I've been oot with Cecil on Sat ;))

Aye, they could be interesting...but I don't know if anyone will want to read much about the typical post match return to glasgow...usually involves too many beers, a haggis supper, a bottle of irn bru and an embarassing sleep on the last train catching as many flies as possible.

chester copperpot
Aye, they could be interesting...but I don't know if anyone will want to read much about the typical post match return to glasgow...usually involves too many beers, a haggis supper, a bottle of irn bru and an embarassing sleep on the last train catching as many flies as possible.

Naw, normally involves me calling the wife, begging her to come pick me up, and being in the dog house for the next 2 weeks as I've got a car full of weegie's telling her that they really really appreciate the lift home whilst guiding her to the nearest kebab shop.

I'm sleeping at this point, as its normally 3am. ;)

• 1 month later...
The People's Chimp

With it being a cash gate tomorrow, if anyone is making the last minute decision to go, there are 2-3 spaces in my car for a lift up to dundee.

petrol money is all that's needed.

Archived