Cost of a pint

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

I was chatting to a mate who has moved over to Dublin and working for an IT company. He was shocked at the price of a pint over there - something like ?4!! :eek:

Whereas over here you go to your general bar, maybe not right in the centre of town and pay something like ?2.60 or something for a pint of Tennents.

Expensive compared to the price I paid on a holiday in Spain. 2 Euro's for a pint of lager... :)

Anyone had a "bargain" pint? ;)

chester copperpot
I was chatting to a mate who has moved over to Dublin and working for an IT company. He was shocked at the price of a pint over there - something like ?4!! :eek:

Whereas over here you go to your general bar, maybe not right in the centre of town and pay something like ?2.60 or something for a pint of Tennents.

Expensive compared to the price I paid on a holiday in Spain. 2 Euro's for a pint of lager... :)

My old man's bowling club. ?1.92. Jobs a good un.

heartsfc_fan
My old man's bowling club. ?1.92. Jobs a good un.

Nice ;)

I'm a student, but usually just drink in the "normal" places. The student places always have cheap ?1.75 flat-watered down rubbish :mad:

The People's Chimp

i was out on sunday. ?1 a drink.

even my "local" in glasgow is ?3.10 for a pint.

Say What Again

I'm going to meet my Dad for a beer after work. It'll cost me ?3.10 for a pint in there.

From there I'm meeting a mate and we're heading elsewhere to watch the Barca game. It'll be ?2.75 in there.

The Seahaven in Joppa is the best I've come across for a while. All pints are ?2 until 6pm on a Saturday and a Sunday.

chester copperpot
I'm going to meet my Dad for a beer after work. It'll cost me ?3.10 for a pint in there.

From there I'm meeting a mate and we're heading elsewhere to watch the Barca game. It'll be ?2.75 in there.

The Seahaven in Joppa is the best I've come across for a while. All pints are ?2 until 6pm on a Saturday and a Sunday.

Had many a good night in the Seahaven in my yoof.

The Old Tolbooth
Had many a good night in the Seahaven in my yoof.

That's when it was 2 n 6 for a pint tho:rolleyes:

chester copperpot
That's when it was 2 n 6 for a pint tho:rolleyes:

That would be funny if I knew what you were on about ya old fart.

200milesfromgorgie

by the end of this year you will be very lucky to find a pint for under ?3 in a normal bar/pub.

Im in stavanger. Its about 7 to 8 pound for the local lager. If you want a guiness or a nip then get the chequebook out. About a tenner for a gin and tonic.

Anyone mind student nights in Privvy Council or Berties? 50p for anything! Good times.....

I remember the waiting room went to ?2.40 a pint when I was 17/18. I thought it was outrageous.

It's a bit of a joke you can only get three drinks for a tenner in most pubs. ?3.30 a bottle of beer!

Say What Again

Touch?

:rofl:

heartsfc_fan
Im in stavanger. Its about 7 to 8 pound for the local lager. If you want a guiness or a nip then get the chequebook out. About a tenner for a gin and tonic.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The Old Tolbooth

My mum told me :whistling:

Say What Again
Im in stavanger. Its about 7 to 8 pound for the local lager. If you want a guiness or a nip then get the chequebook out.

I paid ?11 for a Guinness in Milan in February.

What's that? about ?8?

Era Macaroons

2 cases of stella 16 notes...go round to/invite your mates jobs a good un.

No wonder pubs are struggling. I really cant abide folk buying bottles in pubs, fair enough paying approx 3 quid for draught beer but 3 notes for a bottle/can is a joke.

I got a bargain in Marseille last week.... eventually...., had 2 beers in a bar 4.50 euros each, went away for kebab, came back, same guy served me ...and as I had 'come back' price was now 2 euros for the same drink.

prob says more about rip off France than beer tho.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

When I was living in Nottingham my local was doing a pint of real ale at ?1.48

Thats just over a year ago

I paid ?11 for a Guinness in Milan in February.

What's that? about ?8?

Euros are about 20% more than the pound.

So your Guinness was 8.80! Pretty pricey.

I agree with the poster who mentioned bottles. Edinburgh is heaving with Corona fuds who are happy to pay 3.50 for 1. Stuff that!

Got robbed in espionage (I know, I know...it was to kill some time before moving on) last weekend. 1 bottle of miller and 1 bottle of corona came to ?7.10. Was far from pleased.

chester copperpot

I agree with the poster who mentioned bottles. Edinburgh is heaving with Corona fuds who are happy to pay 3.50 for 1. Stuff that!

PMSL, that has a great ring to it, may call Corona drinkers Corona fuds from now on.

siegementality

I was in Copenhagen a few years ago, a small glass of white wine (for the Mrs) and a 300ml bottle Carlsberg (couldn't get anything else) cost ?13! unbefeckinlievable!

the voice from above

Wouldn't usually go for bottles but some pubs serve such ****e from the tap you have no choice.

Many a time I've bought a pint, it's been rank rotten, so it gets binnned halfway through for something bottled.

RE the original point, I expect to pa ?3 + for a drink now. Pretty ****ing punishing!!!

If you get change off a tenner for four pints you are doing extremely well.

I pay ?2.60 for a pint of Tennents in my local. The same in most other pubs where I live as well.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

2 rum and cokes the other week in a club in Madrid were ?24

This wasn't a fancy club either, just a glorified bar

Luckily it was on ex's, I dont know how the Spanish afford to hget bevvied at those prices

Paid ?8.50 for 2 bottles of Grolsch a few weeks ago in London. :confused:

The worst to this day has to be a bottle of Becks at Dublin Airport a few years ago - ?7.50 for 1 bottle! (they had just changed over to the Euro the same month and the prices seemed to be all over the place - either that or I got robbed!) :eek:

Cheapest I "remember" :dribble: was the old student union at Napier - was 59p a pint!

(was a while ago though!) :P

heartsfc_fan
Cheapest I "remember" :dribble: was the old student union at Napier - was 59p a pint!

(was a while ago though!) :P

ha ha certainly isn't that now. I'm at napier myself, since the union has been refurbed its ok, ?1.75 a mixer and coke (or something)...however I don't go there much

but 59p??????? :dribble::dribble::dribble:

What was it? Tesco's own brand in a glass? ;)

I was in Copenhagen a few years ago, a small glass of white wine (for the Mrs) and a 300ml bottle Carlsberg (couldn't get anything else) cost ?13! unbefeckinlievable!

I was there a couple of years back. ?20 for a Brandy for the girlfriend and a Southern Comfort for me. Come 3 in the morning there were no drunk idiots lying or falling about.

TBH, I think it should be the same in this country. Stop the ****e of the day drinking too much.

Alcohol should be a luxury, not a necessity.

Say What Again
TBH, I think it should be the same in this country. Stop the ****e of the day drinking too much.

Alcohol should be a luxury, not a necessity.

Remind me never to vote for you if you stand for election. :)

no hearts game in march/april so went to sunderland to see craigy against man city. got a few pubs from a fan on their forum so went to the 1st recommended, bit like weatherspoons boozer had a bar lunch it was ?2.10 a pint, went across the road to another of his choices they had the SC SF between QOS and the sheep on. got a round up 3 lager & a pint of coke ?5 something, ?1.37 a pint. needless to say we stayed there until the match.

Remind me never to vote for you if you stand for election. :)

If I ever stand for election, people will have already lost the option to vote.

;)

I was in the most remote pub in mainland UK a few weeks ago, in a place called Knoydart on the North West coast. Pint was ?3.60 however the beergarden was probably made my Carlsberg?!

18887737a8403073812l.jpg

The draught Guinness here used to be brewed in Namibia but it was "not very good" so they have gone back to importing it from Ireland; 15 South African Rands a pint or 1 of your UK pounds.

Whisky is just as ridiculous, R75 for a bottle of VAT69 or Black and White.

no hearts game in march/april so went to sunderland to see craigy against man city. got a few pubs from a fan on their forum so went to the 1st recommended, bit like weatherspoons boozer had a bar lunch it was ?2.10 a pint, went across the road to another of his choices they had the SC SF between QOS and the sheep on. got a round up 3 lager & a pint of coke ?5 something, ?1.37 a pint. needless to say we stayed there until the match.

i went to see them play 'boro couldnt believe the prices,most i paid was ?1.50 didnt want to leave there,then went to a Yates's,think thats where you went,?1.39 a pint deffo going back down next season.

It's all about the Tron on a Wednesday night - pound a pint..

I rarely go out just for a pint any more. If I go to the pub it will be a night out or works do of some sort.

I was at Stu Mel's rugby club for a do last weekend. Now rugby clubs are historically mighty cheap... ?2.60 a pint of Tennant's now. Which tastes like ass.

?2.45 for a pint of Miller in my local. A few years ago it use to be under ?2 for a pint. Was Carling right enough but could put up with that.

by the end of this year you will be very lucky to find a pint for under ?3 in a normal bar/pub.

I don't doubt it but if that's the case then a night out will be an occasional luxury, not a regular thing for many people.

Anthing approaching 3 quid for garbage like Tennants is taking the pi$$, as well as tasting like it.

Even 'locals' are charging what used to be regarded as city centre prices now, no wonder they're empty Monday - Thursday.

Paid 58 euros in ibiza last year for a Bud, a jack d and a can of redbull! Cost 60 euro to get in and 20 euro in a taxi! Got to see PVD and a live sex show tho!

portobellojambo1

You should all switch to spirits and join some clubs. Will not name them, don't want a huge rush of memberships, but from just three of the clubs I am a member of I can get a vodka and coke for prices ranging from 60p to just over a ?1.

Anyone that pays ?7-?8 for a couple of bottles of beer in Edinburgh is quite simply off their fecking heads, tell them to ram it up their holes and go somewhere cheaper.

i went to see them play 'boro couldnt believe the prices,most i paid was ?1.50 didnt want to leave there,then went to a Yates's,think thats where you went,?1.39 a pint deffo going back down next season.

Yates is the very place bud

no bad pint as well.

My sons cricket club is around ?1.80 for a pint of Spitfire or speckled hen,some clubs are even cheaper than that.My favourite lunchtime watering hole is the white horse in Rupert St around ?2.60 for a pint, not bad for central London.Its an independent brewery so no big names or mark ups and the food is well priced too.

First pint was ?1.32, nowadays it's ?2.45 for lager. Anywhere between ?2.60 and ?3.30 for a bottle of Bulmers in the various pubs I frequent. I've heard in Opal Lounge it's ?5.40 for a pint of Peroni:eek:

NavaarHearts
I was in the most remote pub in mainland UK a few weeks ago, in a place called Knoydart on the North West coast. Pint was ?3.60 however the beergarden was probably made my Carlsberg?!

18887737a8403073812l.jpg

Ordered 2 plates of chips in there, my mate says I'll get these............?8 it cost him. Never stopped moaning for the rest of the trip!

Since 1990 the average price of a pint in the On Trade has gone up by 25% more than the rate of inflation. In the same period (largely since 2000) the price of beer in the Off Trade has gone up by 25% less that the rate of inflation.

No wonder 5000 boozers have closed in the last 6 years.

Ordered 2 plates of chips in there, my mate says I'll get these............?8 it cost him. Never stopped moaning for the rest of the trip!

They can get away with that because lets face it where else can you eat?!

You could have always done a ray mears and lived off the land??

We had venison burgers, didn't think it was any 'deer'er than the average meal price in town.

Another deer place for a drink is Riga, Latvia! Them Russian mafia monkeys have you paying ?4-5 for a bottle of bud. So much for cheap eastern europe! 20p in Kanuas and 50p in Belgrade though :)

:mad:When I started underage drinking it was 19p a pint in the Persevere. the next night it was 21p OUTRAGE can't get 5 pints for a pound (got out my face for about 45p mind) and yes it wasn't yesterday . too old to even think about the 15 pints I could get then for a price of a pint now:mad:

golf club is ?2.30 a pint, local is ?2.90. just back from cala bona in majorca where it was anything from 2 euros to four euros a pint

Archived