Pilibaitis/Velicka Herald Article (some Hearts content)

Fat Striker

rossthejambo

quite a good article but this quote worries me slightly

"Vladimir Romanov has always said if you play well against Rangers then you are showing yourself to the whole of Scotland that you can play. It will be a difficult tie, and Rangers are the ultimate favourites, but my wish is for the first match to be close and that way we can welcome many Scottish people to Lithuania for the return leg, with the game still alive for both teams."

:eek:

This quote as well is hardly on the button:-

"In Lithuania, he was diving a lot and coach after coach tried to explain that he must stop falling down and stand up and play. It is why he went out on loan, to experience different cultures, and he realises now that in some countries it is difficult to dive and get away with it.

"When he cut it out he became a totally different player and that is the player you saw at Hearts and will see at Rangers."

Velicka cut out the diving when he played for Hearts? Sorry, but that was the part of his game that I found continually frustrating. He may have improved slightly from the time when he was blatantly diving to get players sent off, but he certainly didn't cut it out from his general game play.

With regard to Pilbaitis, I thought he was well short of the best of the Lithuanian group we have had at Hearts - Jankauskas, Miko and Chesney.

But he did seem to have some ability on the ball. Patently unable to cope with the physicality of Scottish football though - the biggest issue with the Romanov era signings almost across the board.

rossthejambo
Pillowbiter is a FORWARD,well feck me furiously.

apparently so.

that might have been why he struggled considering we were playing him in centre midfield. some more superb coaching decisions :rolleyes:

apparently so.

that might have been why he struggled considering we were playing him in centre midfield. some more superb coaching decisions :rolleyes:

He struggled because he was pish mate,nothing else,another waste of a jersey.

rossthejambo
He struggled because he was pish mate,nothing else,another waste of a jersey.

maybe he was. but sticking him in midfield would have done the lad no favours at all

With regard to Pilbaitis, I thought he was well short of the best of the Lithuanian group we have had at Hearts - Jankauskas, Miko and Chesney.

But he did seem to have some ability on the ball. Patently unable to cope with the physicality of Scottish football though - the biggest issue with the Romanov era signings almost across the board.

Think that he meant Kaunas players. Janny and Chesney were allready established players when they came. And Miko was allready establishing a place in the national team with 6 caps.

Think that he meant Kaunas players. Janny and Chesney were allready established players when they came. And Miko was allready establishing a place in the national team with 6 caps.

Yep, clearly the best 3 of the overall group we have had. As for the other Kaunas players we had Velicka did okay, Zaliukas has had half a dozen good games, Kurskis one good game, Ivaskevicius one good sub appearance and the others have been very poor.

Yep, clearly the best 3 of the overall group we have had. As for the other Kaunas players we had Velicka did okay, Zaliukas has had half a dozen good games, Kurskis one good game, Ivaskevicius one good sub appearance and the others have been very poor.

I would agree but I would say that Velicka did good not just ok.

I would agree but I would say that Velicka did good not just ok.

You didn't have to watch him every week I think:)

Was funny when he threw me his jersey up at Pittodrie. Nearly threw it back at him!:P

You didn't have to watch him every week I think:)

Was funny when he threw me his jersey up at Pittodrie. Nearly threw it back at him!:P

I watched about 70% of the games :P the magic of Tango TV and the internet :)

I watched about 70% of the games :P the magic of Tango TV and the internet :)

Do you ever go to a cafe to watch the games with VR? :)

loveofthegame

Velicka cut out the diving when he played for Hearts? Sorry, but that was the part of his game that I found continually frustrating. He may have improved slightly from the time when he was blatantly diving to get players sent off, but he certainly didn't cut it out from his general game play.

Yep totally agree, the diving at times did my nut in, especially in his earlier days at the club.

Whats the bets on him diving and winning a penalty for the Huns against us.... Can you imagine this place...

Do you ever go to a cafe to watch the games with VR? :)

Would be interesting I guess but never met the man. I imagine he would be buying so a pub would be a better idea than a cafe ;)

sandyseymour
maybe he was. but sticking him in midfield would have done the lad no favours at all

Like Juho playing right midfield in reserves :wacko:

After reading some of these quotes( I hope they are mistranslated quotes)

I really hope Rangers give them a real hiding to nothing.

For me, Vlad has done a number of his Kaunas players a diservice by pushing them into the limelight to quickly.

I am sure 1 or 2 others that have come over may well have been decent additions, but they need time to settle in. They also have not been helped with the managerless position we were in for so long.

How many times have we seen players signing even for the old squirm that have some pedigree taking time to settle?

If Vlad had staggered the system, brought the lads in slowly with a manager to see what they have and hopefully get the best out of them, playing them for short periods when things were going ok, helping them to bed in, then perhaps just perhaps, a couple more may have made it more succesfully.

Also, when the supporters saw what seemed to be favouritism towards the Lithuanians (correct or not) they tended to get on their backs quicker.

To put it simply showcasing would have been fine if it hadn't been ballsed up by Vlad over doing it.

steviefrailspants

Isn't it interesting how, according to the Glasgow Herald, Velicka has now cut the diving out of his game that he has signed for Rangers ??!!

This would be the same Velicka that was lambasted by the press for persistant diving but remarkably this side of his game is now in the past. Co-incidence or just a further example of west coast media spin?

john brownlee
Isn't it interesting how, according to the Glasgow Herald, Velicka has now cut the diving out of his game that he has signed for Rangers ??!!

This would be the same Velicka that was lambasted by the press for persistant diving but remarkably this side of his game is now in the past. Co-incidence or just a further example of west coast media spin?

I wonder if mico ever signed for one of the uglies would it be the equivalent as the conversion on the road to Damascus

Bunny Munro

I don't remeber Kurskis having a good game.

And being fair to KI he played well away at parkhead at the end of 06-07, at home to rangers, and away to rangers in 07-08.

After reading some of these quotes( I hope they are mistranslated quotes)

I really hope Rangers give them a real hiding to nothing.

Rents, have a read at Csaba's quote about bringing more of the duffers over!

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/53910

Particularly - "I would also like to see Kaunas against Rangers and if I see a very good player then I will bring them to Hearts."

Aaaaaargh!

No they didn't,they had a quote from some Lith coach who knew him,just like loads on this forum you try and make the press out as the bad guy's buy doing exactly what you say they do,talk seite.

Rents, have a read at Csaba's quote about bringing more of the duffers over!

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/53910

Particularly - "I would also like to see Kaunas against Rangers and if I see a very good player then I will bring them to Hearts."

Aaaaaargh!

Yep read that,great cant wait to hear all about the next Benniuseless,Klimek and No28.

No they didn't,they had a quote from some Lith coach who knew him,just like loads on this forum you try and make the press out as the bad guy's buy doing exactly what you say they do,talk seite.

surely however you can see the irony in a scottish newspaper affording pillibitas the honour of a two page article building him up as a potential threat to the mighty rangers (in what will more than likely be a relative stroll in the park) when they didnt give him anything like this sort of coverage yet alone plaudits when signing for a scottish team. indeed suspect he was one of those referred to by Jackson the night of the game at Fir aprk in his infamous 'another faceless no mark in Valds cast of thousands' comment.

velickas character rehabilitation might not be explicitly pointed out in this piece but i think SFP speaks for the vast majority of the non old firm fans when he flags its inevitability.

"I would also like to see Kaunas against Rangers and if I see a very good player then I will bring them to Hearts."

I find it hilarious that people get negative about Csaba's quote here.

let me just point something out: "if I see a very good player".

He is saying he will try to sign a good player IF he sees one.

What is wrong with that?

What is wrong with that?

Because no doubt he has already been told that there IS a player/players he will get.

What is wrong with that?

Not biting because we all know what that statement means with regard to FC Kaunas!

From Shaggy to Shabby.

Archived