Illness

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Need some advice from our budding doctors.

I went for chinese on Sunday, and when I was leaving work on Monday afternoon, felt really really sick. Had major burning in my stomach, and spent most of Monday night speaking to my big white porceline friend.

Anyway, by Tuesday night, the pain had subsided, so went back to work yesterday. Everything's fine, blah blah blah, then gets home from work last night and the same thing happens over again. I was fine up till I went to bed, then got major stomach cramps, major shiiits, and been vomitting until early doors this morning.

The spewing has stopped for the time being, as I've nought left to spew, however I'm left feeling like crap and my stomach is in total agony.

Anyone any idea what it could be. Weird how it went away tuesday night and appeared again last night, thats the bit I dont get. Anyone experienced that.

The People's Chimp

not got any medical advice, but some advice for future glasgow based chinese eating. Go to Asia Style.

It's the shizzle.

I P Knightley

Sounds familiar.

Is it not the same bug that Kenny had last week? He provided fairly graphic details of symptoms that sounded similar to your own.

It's the S-plan diet. Squits'n'Spew.

chester copperpot
Sounds familiar.

Is it not the same bug that Kenny had last week? He provided fairly graphic details of symptoms that sounded similar to your own.

It's the S-plan diet. Squits'n'Spew.

Its the whole going away Tuesday, then coming back again Wednesday that I cannot fathom

And Liq, it was Edinburgh we went out for chinese mate, the food was ace, dont think it was anything to do with that.

Denny Crane

Were you eating a white meat dish Andy? Sounds like a dose of salmonella. Rest, liquids aplenty, no solids for at least 24 hours and some pepto-bismol.

chester copperpot
Were you eating a white meat dish Andy? Sounds like a dose of salmonella. Rest, liquids aplenty, no solids for at least 24 hours and some pepto-bismol.

Indeed it was, it was chicken mate, and its not very pleasant.

Sounds like what I had mate... might just be a coincidence that you got it after the chinese... mine was defo a bug as the mrs got it eventually.

Sounds like myself for the last week, but only ever felt like I was going to spew, never actually spewed... yet

I P Knightley
Its the whole going away Tuesday, then coming back again Wednesday that I cannot fathom

And Liq, it was Edinburgh we went out for chinese mate, the food was ace, dont think it was anything to do with that.

I hope you don't think badly of me for saying this but I gather from other posters that you might take upwards of a size XL in some garments.

Maybe the bug got into your body, started doing it's business, figured it had a task ahead too big for one bug and spent Tuesday calling in the reinforcements?

should we ever meet in person, I'll buy you a pint to apologise for that...

chester copperpot
Sounds like what I had mate... might just be a coincidence that you got it after the chinese... mine was defo a bug as the mrs got it eventually.

The only thing I would say about that is that Tedp had a sore tummy on Monday, and he had some of my dish, that's what made me think it may have been the Wee Willie Winkie's.

He's fine now though, whereas I'm doubled up in pain just now.

chester copperpot
I hope you don't think badly of me for saying this but I gather from other posters that you might take upwards of a size XL in some garments.

Maybe the bug got into your body, started doing it's business, figured it had a task ahead too big for one bug and spent Tuesday calling in the reinforcements?

No need for the pint, the post made me smile, thanks.

Never had gastrowhassitcalled before Dex, will check it out. I have a cast iron stomach normally, so it must be a bug of some sort.

iamcraigbeattie

gastorentoritis - wouldnt wish that on anybody I had it when i was a kid it put me in the sick kids for over a week. Go see a doctor mate !!

The only thing I would say about that is that Tedp had a sore tummy on Monday, and he had some of my dish, that's what made me think it may have been the Wee Willie Winkie's.

He's fine now though, whereas I'm doubled up in pain just now.

Yeh I was crippled... never had my body empty like that before... sweats and sore head also.

NHS Online have some good tips for the gastric flu.

Andy, Just think of it as good practice for when my Dorset Naga's are ready come september time ;)

chester copperpot
Yeh I was crippled... never had my body empty like that before... sweats and sore head also.

NHS Online have some good tips for the gastric flu.

Sounds exactly like what I've got mate, cheers for the tips, got an appointment with the docs this arvo, so will get him to give me some gollop for it.

My ass is like the flag of Japan, never had a pain in my stomach like this before.

chester copperpot
Andy, Just think of it as good practice for when my Dorset Naga's are ready come september time ;)

Thats the last thing on my mind at the moment mate, but will keep it in mind lol.

Sounds exactly like what I've got mate, cheers for the tips, got an appointment with the docs this arvo, so will get him to give me some gollop for it.

My ass is like the flag of Japan, never had a pain in my stomach like this before.

DOCTOR.. thats what kickbacks for! I couldnt have made it to the doctor.... anyfurther than 2 mins from the bog and I was struggling.

chester copperpot
DOCTOR.. thats what kickbacks for! I couldnt have made it to the doctor.... anyfurther than 2 mins from the bog and I was struggling.

Thats where most of my posts have came from on this thread.

*Andy laughs as all the posters imagine his ass on the bog*

The Old Tolbooth

:rofl:

There's not enough reinforcements in the world to cope with a task that big mate ;)

I reckon that all that chilli eating has finally meant that the walls of your asbestos lined stomach have finally put the white flag up and caved in.

As for an arse like the Japanese flag, it would need to be the size of 16 bedsheets stitched together ;)

chester copperpot

There's not enough reinforcements in the world to cope with a task that big mate ;)

I reckon that all that chilli eating has finally meant that the walls of your asbestos lined stomach have finally put the white flag up and caved in.

As for an arse like the Japanese flag, it would need to be the size of 16 bedsheets stitched together ;)

Maybe, but still like the flag of Japan nonetheless. Just back in from the docs, confirmed as Gastic Flu. To go back next week if not out of my system. Gave me some stuff to try settle my stomach and stop me pishing out of my arse.

Hopefully it works. Cant even hold water down at the moment.

Denny Crane
Indeed it was, it was chicken mate, and its not very pleasant.

If white meat is not cooked properly, then bacteria can set in and do you some damage. I'd have a word with that restaurant, if not helath and safety. You paid good money for a meal only for it to make you ill.

The Old Tolbooth
Maybe, but still like the flag of Japan nonetheless. Just back in from the docs, confirmed as Gastic Flu. To go back next week if not out of my system. Gave me some stuff to try settle my stomach and stop me pishing out of my arse.

Hopefully it works. Cant even hold water down at the moment.

That's not so good mate, sounds like 2 weeks off to me.

(Checks calendar to see if Cheltenham festival is near) ;)

lol

pots_thumb.jpg

chester copperpot
That's not so good mate, sounds like 2 weeks off to me.

(Checks calendar to see if Cheltenham festival is near) ;)

Hehe, didn't even think of Chelt's. Will be back Monday, fingers crossed.

Chester....... Sorry to hear you're not well: but you have to keep drinking mate (water only!!). If you dehydrate you'll end up in the RI. Then all these male nurses will want to inspect your Japanese flag............you know what they 're like! I hear some of them have thermometers like cucumbers!!!!!!

chester copperpot
Chester....... Sorry to hear you're not well: but you have to keep drinking mate (water only!!). If you dehydrate you'll end up in the RI. Then all these male nurses will want to inspect your Japanese flag............you know what they 're like! I hear some of them have thermometers like cucumbers!!!!!!

Doc said the same. The biggest factor in me recuperating is drinking lots and lots of water. I've spewed most of it back up, but am sticking to his advice nontheless.

Bah, not had a beer since saturday either.

The Old Tolbooth
Doc said the same. The biggest factor in me recuperating is drinking lots and lots of water. I've spewed most of it back up, but am sticking to his advice nontheless.

Bah, not had a beer since saturday either.

A wee tip, he doesn't mean water that's been fermented by apples and left to mature in cider ;)

chester copperpot
A wee tip, he doesn't mean water that's been fermented by apples and left to mature in cider ;)

Mate, the thought of cider gives me the boak. Never ever thought I'd ever post that statement, that shows you I'm ill.

The Old Tolbooth
Mate, the thought of cider gives me the boak. Never ever thought I'd ever post that statement, that shows you I'm ill.

Blimey! :confused:

NURSE!!!!!!!!!

chester copperpot
Blimey! :confused:

NURSE!!!!!!!!!

Here, I'll give you a laugh, I coughed earlier, and I shat myself.

maybe not such a good idea you coming through the night lol or following through;););)

Worked for me! Had half the office staring at me trying to control my laughter!

The Old Tolbooth

I hope I follow through as well as you did, I'm golfing later ;)

chester copperpot
maybe not such a good idea you coming through the night lol or following through;););)

Dont need to come through mate, doubt I'll make work the morra.

clearly not all bad, this wee bug has taught you to multi-task. ;)

chester copperpot
clearly not all bad, this wee bug has taught you to multi-task. ;)

Heh heh.

BJ, never thought about that, hopefully I aint been cursed.

Archived