How do you use JKB ?

kannymann1

Just a wee thought as to how all you Jambos out there utilise the KB forum. I sometimes finish work at 10pm. By the time I get home it's around 11 pm. I will switch on and now I look for certain names....... these include posting giants like John Mitchell, Chester Copperpot, Shaun Lawson etc etc etc. Nae disrespect to the hundreds of other posters who also contribute serious, humorous and sometimes even poignant viewpoints. I just find these guys interesting, funny etc. My reason for seeking out the "entertainers" is simple: I have to manage my time on JKB as I have to be up early the following morning!!

Maybe a bit of a strange question, but may help newer members (like myself!) to use their time more efficiently.

Could I also take the time to thank all those who have welcomed me aboard: it's not easy being a newbie and I appreciate all your patience!!

See you in the new season!! :)

chester copperpot
Just a wee thought as to how all you Jambos out there utilise the KB forum. I sometimes finish work at 10pm. By the time I get home it's around 11 pm. I will switch on and now I look for certain names....... these include posting giants like John Mitchell, Chester Copperpot, Shaun Lawson etc etc etc. Nae disrespect to the hundreds of other posters who also contribute serious, humorous and sometimes even poignant viewpoints. I just find these guys interesting, funny etc. My reason for seeking out the "entertainers" is simple: I have to manage my time on JKB as I have to be up early the following morning!!

Maybe a bit of a strange question, but may help newer members (like myself!) to use their time more efficiently.

Could I also take the time to thank all those who have welcomed me aboard: it's not easy being a newbie and I appreciate all your patience!!

See you in the new season!! :)

Shucks, I'm embarrassed. NOT. I use KB to keep in touch with mates, try to chat with people and have a laugh. Sorry if it doesn't come across like that.

shaun.lawson
There are no entertainers.

Just attention seekers.:rolleyes:

Hmph. What with this, and being included in an illustrious group alongside John and Chester, I'm off to top myself now. :sad:

Hmph. What with this, and being included in an illustrious group alongside John and Chester, I'm off to top myself now. :sad:

It'll be a hell of a length of suicide note;)

Shucks, I'm embarrassed. NOT. I use KB to keep in touch with mates, try to chat with people and have a laugh. Sorry if it doesn't come across like that.

Why apologise??!!!! Pretty good entertainment value if you ask me.......even when it gets a bit "heated"!! And you're right mate: it is a good platform to keep in touch, have a laugh and vent spleen. But how do you spot the infiltrators?? I haven't got a clue!! unless they say they're hobos!! :o

shaun.lawson

Hey! I've finally done something about that. It's true! :P

Incidentally, to answer the OP: if I'm honest, my eye tends to stray towards certain 'names' too. But if I've not been on here a day or two, I try and browse read the first couple of pages on the Terrace. Sometimes something catches my interest; other times it doesn't. It's pot luck basically - often all about what's in a thread title - but there's no hard and fast rule for how any Kickbacker eats theirs, I guess.

when you say "top yourself" Shaun....... do you mean cover yersel' with raspberry sauce and hundreds and thousands?? I'm beginning to worry about you lad!!!! ;)

There are no entertainers.

Just attention seekers.:rolleyes:

Heh heh! Says Tazio with over 7 THOUSAND posts!!!!!???? ;)

Heh heh! Says Tazio with over 7 THOUSAND posts!!!!!???? ;)

All of them modest and self effacing I'll have you know.

The Old Tolbooth

See Andy, I told you we were legends :laugh:

The Old Tolbooth

We're gutted too mate, we couldn't possibly post the same amount of pish, erm I mean stories that you do ;)

Just kidding Shaun :P

shaun.lawson
when you say "top yourself" Shaun....... do you mean cover yersel' with raspberry sauce and hundreds and thousands?? I'm beginning to worry about you lad!!!! ;)

Raspberry sauce, you say? Mmmmm..... :P

And nah: I've maybe gained in confidence a bit on here lately (which is why my posts are generally shorter, ha Tazio!), but my head, while naturally big enough, is still more than capable of getting through my room door. At least, I hope so, anyway...

shaun.lawson
We're gutted too mate, we couldn't possibly post the same amount of pish, erm I mean stories that you do ;)

Just kidding Shaun :P

No worries John! And at least the two of you have the excuse of sometimes being drunk - I'm teetotal, yet still write constant pish! :wacko::P

See Andy, I told you we were legends :laugh:

Ha ha!! Certainly in the entertainment business lads!! there can be no' much argument there! I prefer a' your banter to my "Oor Wullie" books! What size is your bucket Mr Mitchell?? ;)

The Old Tolbooth
Ha ha!! Certainly in the entertainment business lads!! there can be no' much argument there! I prefer a' your banter to my "Oor Wullie" books! What size is your bucket Mr Mitchell?? ;)

Mine is very small, but you should see Linda's!!!! :dribble:

The Old Tolbooth
Well it couldn't be you John.

Yeti's are hairy:p

Ha ha!! Touche!

Ya git! :movethatass:

I use it to keep up with daily goings on at my beloved Hearts.

Wow!! THANK YOU!! An honest and decent answer!!!

Cheers! ;)

Hat's off to you. You're a braver man than me.

Pray she doesn't read this thread.

The Old Tolbooth
No worries John! And at least the two of you have the excuse of sometimes being drunk - I'm teetotal, yet still write constant pish! :wacko::P

I think I should quit while I'm slightly ahead :cheese:

The Old Tolbooth

I was going to say I get ten minutes to edit it but you went and copied it, and now I'm dead! :confused:

you are getting worse!! you are a very bad man!!!!!!! ;)

I have no idea why I am laughing at all these comments!! I have no clue what they're about............and I don't care!! Am I mental!!

Goodnight Children.........and so to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Old Tolbooth
you are getting worse!! you are a very bad man!!!!!!! ;)

You ain't seen nothing yet, wait til me and Andy get going with a drink in us, I think the big ******s offline now tho. ;)

You ain't seen nothing yet, wait til me and Andy get going with a drink in us, I think the big ******s offline now tho. ;)

you should try the stage my lad!!!

Goodnight for now though.........and cheers for all the decent comments since I started..........!! :)

Cheers me up, when i read some ramblings I know they are more depressed than me...:)

I P Knightley

That's very cheeky but also very funny.

It's the kind of comment that keeps drawing me back to JKB.

I dip into JKB throughout the day as I have a job which has me at the desk most of the time and rarely keeps my attention for long spells. Also, I sit with colleagues who, although pleasant and often fun, don't actively encourage witty repartee and badinage.

There are a lot of guys'n'gals on here who make me smile with their wit and there are also discussions which can be very stimulating (e.g. The Doctor's recent contributions starting on female bishops & extending to religion in general), informative and, even, intellexctual.

There are also folk here that amuse me with their extreme and blinkered views, their gossamer-thin skins and astounding knee-jerk reactions. These are more prevalent in the Terrace than here in the Shed so I tend to hang out here.

In general, I try not to insult anyone (directly) with my posts but realise that there are some to whom I could hurl a good-natured jibe and it would be taken without rancour; others are more touchy. It's a bit like being in a big circle of guys in the boozer but without the beer.

Also, as an exile, I appreciate keeping up with the lingo, "Get yer hole," "Rips ma knitting," & "pumped" being just a small selection of phrases that tickle me and I try to keep alive here down south.

Too late.... he's a dead man ;)

The Old Tolbooth
Too late.... he's a dead man ;)

Tazio, seeing as you engineered my death, you can have a cord at my funeral, that'll teach you! ;)

Walter Payton
Tazio, seeing as you engineered my death, you can have a cord at my funeral, that'll teach you! ;)

At least he wouldn't be able to add to that 7000 odd posts for a couple of months, his arms would be that tired:p

At least he wouldn't be able to add to that 7000 odd posts for a couple of months, his arms would be that tired:P

Ohhhhh bitchy!!!! but then again i have to agree:rolleyes:

chester copperpot
At least he wouldn't be able to add to that 7000 odd posts for a couple of months, his arms would be that tired:p

:rofl:

Funny but very true.

though a crane might be a better option:p:p:p:p

The Old Tolbooth

middle-finger.jpg

In the nicest possible way

:cheese:

The Old Tolbooth

Ha ha!! I should have saved the middle finger icon for you too :107years:

chester copperpot

Lol. It would need to be one that could build skyscraper's though, otherwise he'd bend it.

I P Knightley
I 'bash the bishop' whilst reading JKB.

:eek:

Ah. A chess player, I see.

There's intellectual depths to JKB that infrequent visitors would never imagine!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Ah. A chess player, I see.

There's intellectual depths to JKB that infrequent visitors would never imagine!

Naw, I really bash this guy................

archbishop07.jpg

;)

Archived