Miko.

Munch

I think this is the season Miko will come good, with the right coach hopefully now in place, i think Miko will silence the doubters.

He was outstanding prior too the sending off against Der Huns, id love to see him back too how he was then.

Anyone else agree.

jackjambo22
I think this is the season Miko will come good, with the right coach hopefully now in place, i think Miko will silence the doubters.

He was outstanding prior too the sending off against Der Huns, id love to see him back too how he was then.

Anyone else agree.

He's had a few seasons to silence the critics

Like to see him do well but wouldn't miss him

Csabas the man

although it was only the bottem 6, miko looked to be playin betta then he usally was last season, so maybe with csaba in charge he can become the playa he was an MAYBE even cesni could become the player he was but would not miss them if they left

Anyone else agree.

Based on last season and his performances for Lithuania his best position is probably the left wing as for some reason he is more inclined to beat his man but still too little end product but I'd really like him to do well just because of how good he was prior to the red card

always a jambo

His form dipped since the majority of the Hearts support were booing and jeering him. How many people could continue to do their job and do it well when everybody is on their case all the time?

Not many I don't think.

Miko is a good player and he will do well for us next season.

badly drawn boy

Anyone else agree.

Frustrating player , can see the talent at times and yes prior to the Hun game , he looked the part

But at times especially away from home , he looks as if he has no interest and steps aside potential 50/50s

That drives me crazy regardless of talent -the player always needs to give 100%

Frustrating player , can see the talent at times and yes prior to the Hun game , he looked the part

But at times especially away from home , he looks as if he has no interest and steps aside potential 50/50s

That drives me crazy regardless of talent -the player always needs to give 100%

I would say his best performances are away from the home fans.

Norfolk and Chance
I would say his best performances are away from the home fans.

Without doubt. However, dealing with the crowd and any abuse is within the remit of a professional sportsman

Without doubt. However, dealing with the crowd and any abuse is within the remit of a professional sportsman

Aye. But I think he's passed it now. Seems to come out a stronger individual after all that penalty stuff. We will see how this season goes for him :) hope for the best but if it's still not good enuff then a move is needed for a fresh start. Would realy like him to do good at Hearts as he realy seems to care for the club.

Norfolk and Chance
Aye. But I think he's passed it now. Seems to come out a stronger individual after all that penalty stuff. We will see how this season goes for him :) hope for the best but if it's still not good enuff then a move is needed for a fresh start. Would realy like him to do good at Hearts as he realy seems to care for the club.

I would be delighted if he could consistently fulfil his potential this season. IMO he could possibly be the biggest beneficiary of proper management

Drylaw Hearts

It's more than 3 years since he had this great run of matches before it all went pear shaped v 'Gers.

I'm not sure a Scottish player would get 3 years to recapture his form.

It's more than 3 years since he had this great run of matches before it all went pear shaped v 'Gers.

That's true but then we have a unique set of ****ups at Hearts that could hamper Ronaldinho recapturing his form.

All players should get the benefit for the first part of this season at least.......Elliot and Ivaskevicius of course not included ;)

Drylaw Hearts
That's true but then we have a unique set of ****ups at Hearts that could hamper Ronaldinho recapturing his form.

All players should get the benefit for the first part of this season at least.......Elliot and Ivaskevicius of course not included ;)

Personally, I don't think he's done enough over a 3 Season period to earn the chance to start a 4th.

Thunderstruck

I think you will find that, post Davisgate, he also contributed substantially to the success of the team under Burley and, to a lesser extent, under Valdas. Points to a young player that benefits from proper management.

I would be delighted if he could consistently fulfil his potential this season. IMO he could possibly be the biggest beneficiary of proper management

Aye, aye. That's what I love about having a proper manager. You don't know what you can expect even from the players that were pish poor last year.

Drylaw Hearts
I think you will find that, post Davisgate, he also contributed substantially to the success of the team under Burley and, to a lesser extent, under Valdas. Points to a young player that benefits from proper management.

I think you will find that he only played 5 matches out of 12 under Burley and 2 of those he was subbed at HT.

Norfolk and Chance
I think you will find that he only played 5 matches out of 12 under Burley and 2 of those he was subbed at HT.

Definitely not a Burley player but has shown flashes - however infrequently - of a direct threat that precious few midfielders in the current Hearts squad possess. Anyhow, it's about opinions. Surely we can all hope that Miko will produce a high level of performance when called upon this season

He exemplifies all that is wrong with the Club. Also, he has no heart and is a cheat, just as UEFA. I sincerely hope Vlad will stop interfering but as long as sub standard players like him command the first eleven in the glorious maroon I'll know otherwise.

Drylaw Hearts
Definitely not a Burley player but has shown flashes - however infrequently - of a direct threat that precious few midfielders in the current Hearts squad possess. Anyhow, it's about opinions. Surely we can all hope that Miko will produce a high level of performance when called upon this season

I hope EVERY Hearts player produces a high level performence but.......

How much longer do we give ANY player who hasn't contributed anywhere near enough over a 3 year period ?

Callum Elliot gave us a few flashes but we can't wait to see the back of him.

Norfolk and Chance
I hope EVERY Hearts player produces a high level performence but.......

How much longer do we give ANY player who hasn't contributed anywhere near enough over a 3 year period ?

Callum Elliot gave us a few flashes but we can't wait to see the back of him.

I agree. It's just that I'm feeling the most positive I have for a while. Consequently, I'm willing to give everyone a clean slate(yes, even CE) and get behind what I hope will be a successful Hearts

john brownlee

strange that's its 11 posts before one of the usual suspects are slating Miko IMO he is defiantly better than a good few scottish players that have worn the mighty maroon in recent years and a lot better and more than a few in the past take your anti lith glasses off and see that he is a young talented player trying to make his way in a foreign bigoted country with its fair share of racist supporters that hate Romanov more than they love Hearts. and as for your quote about scottish players as I'm one Jambo that wouldn't slag a current Hearts player there are plenty that fit that category according not only to yourself but other Kbs

so why dont you take a chill pill and get behind Hearts and the players staff, management and the owner and hope we do well this coming season

I hold my breath.

Anyone else agree.

Simply - Yes

Thunderstruck

If memory serves, he was injured - I think was during or shortly after the Motherwell game in August and didn't feature until he was on bench v Sellik. Still, two goals (including one vs Hobos) is not a bad return from 5 matches.

Drylaw Hearts
If memory serves, he was injured - I think was during or shortly after the Motherwell game in August and didn't feature until he was on bench v Sellik. Still, two goals (including one vs Hobos) is not a bad return from 5 matches.

He was dropped because he was playing guff.

marshallschunkychicken

The really sad thing about THAT game was that the situation where Andy Davis cheated Hearts and Scottish football, and simultaneously was the catalyst for the start of Miko's downward spiral, totally and utterly overshadowed Miko's contribution to the game that night.

Miko and Chesney were swapping wings at random, and had the Rangers full-backs on toast the whole night. The entire Rangers backline was made more than ordinary, and it took one hopeful dive by that cheating greek ****, and the complicity of one govan copper, and things went pear-shaped.

But then, that's Scottish football.

strange that's its 11 posts before one of the usual suspects are slating Miko IMO he is defiantly better than a good few scottish players that have worn the mighty maroon in recent years and a lot better and more than a few in the past take your anti lith glasses off and see that he is a young talented player trying to make his way in a foreign bigoted country with its fair share of racist supporters that hate Romanov more than they love Hearts. and as for your quote about scottish players as I'm one Jambo that wouldn't slag a current Hearts player there are plenty that fit that category according not only to yourself but other Kbs

so why dont you take a chill pill and get behind Hearts and the players staff, management and the owner and hope we do well this coming season

I hold my breath.

John, it's obvious nobody is taking up your point - well I shall: you're right.

Let's be honest Miko has had some poor games but so has EVERYONE else but he does not hide and always tries. Of all the Liths he is the first one I would keep. He has let himself down by cheating but so has someone in every other team in the SPL and, unlike Rangers players, he is up against refs from a different city.

He exemplifies all that is wrong with the Club. Also, he has no heart and is a cheat, just as UEFA. I sincerely hope Vlad will stop interfering but as long as sub standard players like him command the first eleven in the glorious maroon I'll know otherwise.

Bull****. He's was one of a very few that genuinely tried when most of the team were in first gear last season.

The Real Maroonblood

I hold my breath.

10 minutes should suffice.

;)

I like Miko, does that count in the argument. :rolleyes:

Does with me, I've always liked Miko.

He has been played when he was "off the boil" and got dogs abuse for it, but he has always tried and has a passion about Hearts IMO, unlike Elliot (and I suspect most other players in the same situation) he has always kept his faith in the support too, which is a pretty amazing thing given the unfair abuse he has had.

I think he is a really good player.

On his day he is an outstanding player.

Drylaw Hearts
Does with me, I've always liked Miko.

He has been played when he was "off the boil" and got dogs abuse for it, but he has always tried and has a passion about Hearts IMO, unlike Elliot (and I suspect most other players in the same situation) he has always kept his faith in the support too, which is a pretty amazing thing given the unfair abuse he has had.

I think he is a really good player.

On his day he is an outstanding player.

It's a pity 'his day' comes around as often as a Hibs Scottish Cup win.

That is his problem.

And ours.

Guest JamboRobbo
Bull****. He's was one of a very few that genuinely tried when most of the team were in first gear last season.

I agree towards the end of last season, he finally started to try every week. Had he done that throughout the previous years of his Hearts career, he'd get no problems from anyone.

I think most Hearts fans would be happy to have THAT miko in the team, the one that shows the commitment and passion for the club.

But if he doesn't show any commitment, and he plays like he did during the previous few years (the one who loses the ball non stop, and doesn't even bother to track back and help out his defence, and the one who's concentration wanders for 85 of the 90 minutes), then he shouldn't play - he should be dropped. Seems pretty simple. I don't understand why the Hearts management have struggled to implement it until now.

The Fluorescent Zebra
But if he doesn't show any commitment, and he plays like he did during the previous few years (the one who loses the ball non stop, and doesn't even bother to track back and help out his defence, and the one who's concentration wanders for 85 of the 90 minutes), then he shouldn't play - he should be dropped. Seems pretty simple. I don't understand why the Hearts management have struggled to implement it until now.

Hasn't done Larry Kingston any harm.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hasn't done Larry Kingston any harm.

Ability wise, Larry is in a different league to Miko, so he gets away with more. But I still know quite a few who've seen the same traits in Larry and expressed similar concerns.

I have to say i just can't help but like Miko

He does need to up his game tho

We know he has magic in those twinkle toes

mon wee man give us all you got :)

200milesfromgorgie

Miko is awful .....but.....I LOVE Miko! i love his stupid mullet, i love his boyish face, i love dazzling tricks that result in him falling on his ar$?, i love his red cheeks, i love his future boots all silvery in the tynecastle flood lights, i loves his silly long name, i love his inability to pass, score, take a set piece. I LOVE MIKO. Lets keep him no matter what. Hearts just wouldn't be hearts without him. That warm feeling he gives me just can't be replaced.

i am not a hobosexual and/or on glue.

I agree towards the end of last season, he finally started to try every week. Had he done that throughout the previous years of his Hearts career, he'd get no problems from anyone.

I think most Hearts fans would be happy to have THAT miko in the team, the one that shows the commitment and passion for the club.

Agree 100% but I think the management did implement that last year. He was droped for quite a few games and then returned more focused.

And like I said I think he developed as a individual and added to his defensive game. More tracking back and a few cracking tackles where as before he could not tackle a fish supper. He started doing that at Hearts at the end of the season and also I saw him do the same in the national team where he was also woeful defensively before.

Guest JamboRobbo
Agree 100% but I think the management did implement that last year. He was droped for quite a few games and then returned more focused.

Exactly as it should be. And exactly why it was previosuly a problem when he was playing rubbish, not really bothering to try, but continuing to get picked.

No motivation for him to bother trying harder.

And like I said I think he developed as a individual and added to his defensive game. More tracking back and a few cracking tackles where as before he could not tackle a fish supper. He started doing that at Hearts at the end of the season and also I saw him do the same in the national team where he was also woeful defensively before.

He did indeed. And credit to him for doing it.

But it's something that every player in the team should be doing no matter what. And I get the impression Csaba knows that, so the imposters (e.g. Nade) will hopefully be out the door soon enough, if he is allowed to do what he wants to do.

jack D and coke

I've gave him absolute pelters in the past like a lot of our support and at one point detested him but i respect the way he behaved about it unlike that wee girl clum. He needs to produce this season though.

Exactly as it should be. And exactly why it was previosuly a problem when he was playing rubbish, not really bothering to try, but continuing to get picked.

No motivation for him to bother trying harder.

He did indeed. And credit to him for doing it.

But it's something that every player in the team should be doing no matter what. And I get the impression Csaba knows that, so the imposters (e.g. Nade) will hopefully be out the door soon enough, if he is allowed to do what he wants to do.

Sounds like a plan!

Fourcandles

He is that and worse. I specifically watched his pass acuaracy when he came on last year against Sellick.

6 failed attempts to pass to a Hearts player out of 8.

Wage thief and simply poor at his trade, the people with selective memories on here need a check up from the neck up.

:wacko:

Guest Dipped Flake

Always liked Miko and really hope he keeps up the form he showed towards the end of last season. He appears a confidence player and when he was getting abuse, his form went downhill rapidly. Away from home,where he got less stick and more praise, he played a lot better. His main problem with the fans appears to be that he was getting picked when not playing well; hardly his fault and hopefully that will no longer be the case for him or any other player

In a bad side last season, Miko was one of the better performers.

Since the diving incident against Scotland, he's come on leaps (no pun intended) and bounds.....

There are a couple of major problems with Mikoliunas. Firstly, for a winger his assist record is atrocious. I recall reading on JKB that he has had three assists in the last two seasons. IMO There is very little point in persisting with an attacking player who cannot cross or pass very well. If he could vastly improve those areas of his game he could be a very good player because he has terrific pace and decent long range shooting. The second problem is that he will never get a penalty for Hearts ever again due to his history and a big part of his game is quick bursts into the opposition last third. If he is retained at the club (which he will be) it should be as back-up.

Archived