Sign Of The Times

Adi Dassler

Adi Dassler

That somebody was stabbed to death on an Edinburgh street and it doesn't even warrant a mention on here?

That somebody was stabbed to death on an Edinburgh street and it doesn't even warrant a mention on here?

Where and when?

Is there a link to the story?

jackjambo22

It got plenty on the news and rightly so

Not always the case in places like Livingston

You wonder what Murder gets priority and who in the media decides

200milesfromgorgie

what is hapening to this world? why can't everybody just love? im not a hippy but FFS.

MacDonald Jardine
Wonder what he done.

I think they said on the radio he was just out of jail for drugs offences.

Interesting the story has changed, at lunch time it was all being reported as gang violence

Either way I dont believe that in this age or city you get stabbed for no reason, it wouldnt surprise me at all to find out he is a hard core criminal/ned

Interesting the story has changed, at lunch time it was all being reported as gang violence

Either way I dont believe that in this age or city you get stabbed for no reason, it wouldnt surprise me at all to find out he is a hard core criminal/ned

Exactly. Doesn't warrant getitng stabbed and killed for but you don't jsut go around stabbing people for no reason.

Exactly. Doesn't warrant getitng stabbed and killed for but you don't jsut go around stabbing people for no reason.

Exactly

Tbh I have no real sympathy, if your **** who gets involved in that lifestyle it really serves them right

The fact is Im 22, and have lived in( or least near) Edinburgh all my life, cant say I have every experienced a gang fight or any sort of knife violence

Im sure theres the odd exception but if you dont get involved in that pish your on the whole mostly safe from it.

Im sure it will come out this guy and no doubt the guy who did it will be no real loss to society once the cops catch him and bang him up

If we didnt show these idiots so much sympathy or media attention when they get the result of their lifestyle maybe it wouldnt be quite as glamourous

apart from anything why where they walking the streets with young children at 11pm at night?

Exactly

Tbh I have no real sympathy, if your **** who gets involved in that lifestyle it really serves them right

The fact is Im 22, and have lived in( or least near) Edinburgh all my life, cant say I have every experienced a gang fight or any sort of knife violence

Im sure theres the odd exception but if you dont get involved in that pish your on the whole mostly safe from it.

Im sure it will come out this guy and no doubt the guy who did it will be no real loss to society once the cops catch him and bang him up

If we didnt show these idiots so much sympathy or media attention when they get the result of their lifestyle maybe it wouldnt be quite as glamourous

I

I actually have to agree to a greater degree with Prancer. I somewhat hesitatingly feel he is on the right track: I say I hesitate as I work in the social work sector and therefore advocate people's right to choices, life, safety etc etc. I do however think that we do have a problem in our society at the moment. The answer is of course, stricter judicial control, but we say we don't have the room in our jails. And let's face it how often do we see these half wits coming out of a courtroom and laughing in the faces of all and sundry?? I have my feelings about what should happen to the gun and knife merchants, but I'm afraid God would kick my head in!! What's the answer people?:(

coppercrutch

To be fair I imagine it does happen rarely. However most times I imagine it is a case of live by the sword...

I

I actually have to agree to a greater degree with Prancer. I somewhat hesitatingly feel he is on the right track: I say I hesitate as I work in the social work sector and therefore advocate people's right to choices, life, safety etc etc. I do however think that we do have a problem in our society at the moment. The answer is of course, stricter judicial control, but we say we don't have the room in our jails. And let's face it how often do we see these half wits coming out of a courtroom and laughing in the faces of all and sundry?? I have my feelings about what should happen to the gun and knife merchants, but I'm afraid God would kick my head in!! What's the answer people?:(

Well put it this way - and I wont say too much as I know people on this board where affected.

About 3 years ago a 17 YO old hearts fan was stabbed to death in Sighthill as a result of gangs

His killer - who had links to our local area hence how I know this - is due to be released within the next 12 months, possibly very soon,

Really not much of a lesson to everyone else involved in such culture

Kill someone at 17 and be out by the time your 21, it really is quite disgusting tbh

Well put it this way - and I wont say too much as I know people on this board where affected.

About 3 years ago a 17 YO old hearts fan was stabbed to death in Sighthill as a result of gangs

His killer - who had links to our local area hence how I know this - is due to be released within the next 12 months, possibly very soon,

Kill someone at 17 and be out by the time your 21, it really is quite disgusting tbh

that is disgusting mate: I would hate this to have happened to any of my family, far less God forbid my laddie; I'll come on board with you Prancer my lad, for this. I see where you're coming from. Just you make sure you stay safe lad. you seem a bit sensible to me!!

Certainly too sensible to be a jambo!!!! ;)

I agree with Prancer, this is a disgrace.

Also, the offender shouldn't be let out after 4 years, this too is a disgrace.

I assume that he was convicted of manslaughter rather than murder, a nonsense if he used a weapon, it does indeed make a mockery of our justice system (which I believe in).

It's fair to say that no amount of time would make up for what he did, however 4 years is not enough, his sentence would have been 8 years, so he's eligible for parole. 8 years for manslaughter is not abnormal, but to serve only 4 when someone has died at your hand is simply not enough. Justice has not been done.

I'd like to see a change in the parole laws in cases of violent death such as this. Perhaps automatic parole at the end of the sentence, so sentenced to 8, paroled at 8 years for 2-4 years. It would mean a major change in the law and parole system/sentencing, but it could be done and this kind of thing has been done before.

Really! Never knew the guy was going to be out soo soon. Was speaking to the guys sister the other day and she enver even mentioned (usually quite open about this stuff). Hope she is aware though. It barely even seems like 2 years since it happened.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Really! Never knew the guy was going to be out soo soon. Was speaking to the guys sister the other day and she enver even mentioned (usually quite open about this stuff). Hope she is aware though. It barely even seems like 2 years since it happened.

Thats what I was thinking when I read this thread.

Shocking if the guy is getting out already.

Thats what I was thinking when I read this thread.

Shocking if the guy is getting out already.

Is it not a third of the sentence they normally serve ( with a few time/crime exclusions) before they are allowed out on a tag. He also says online he is expecting to be out soon :confused:

He was found guilty of culpable homicide and got around 7 years making him able to be out in just over 2 years

Absolute joke of a legal system we have

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4584534.stm

By my calculations he could be out on a tag anytime now

doctor jambo

Part of the difficulty is that when the perps go up in front of the beaks with no previous they are treated as though they have merely strayed

IN truth most of these guys (and girls) are hardcore nutters and have been for years

I deal with a lot of these guys, and it is fair to say, have never met someone involved in a stabbing/ beating/ attempted murder who didnt come across as being a total psycho

Part of the difficulty is that when the perps go up in front of the beaks with no previous they are treated as though they have merely strayed

IN truth most of these guys (and girls) are hardcore nutters and have been for years

I deal with a lot of these guys, and it is fair to say, have never met someone involved in a stabbing/ beating/ attempted murder who didnt come across as being a total psycho

Have to agree with this.

Anyone who will pick up a knife and use it on another human being, apart from under the most mitigating of circumstances, deserves little mercy or 2nd chances when sentencing. A long custodial sentence to keep them apart from the rest of the human race is the only way to keep people safe from psychos.

I P Knightley

I've been stabbed.

I'm neither a hard core criminal nor a ned.

Wrong place, wrong time. It happens.

I've been stabbed.

More information please

I P Knightley
More information please

Fair enough.

I'm 6 foot 3, about 16 stone, blue eyes, married with 3 kids. Work in accountancy. Hobbies include tennis, golf, rugby (spectating), football, skiing and visiting museums with the kids.

weirdo.

Life for a life.

Best deterrent around IMO.

Im sure the USA with one of the highest murder rates around would agree with that one right enough....:rolleyes: And there are a number of countries without the death penalty where murder rates are nowhere near as high as ours. yet can live happy lives together. Its something a lot deeper than you suggest.

As for sentence served, its usually two thirds to be served before the person in question can apply for parole. Majority of time this will be knocked back and they have to wait two years before they can apply again.

I've been stabbed.

Ditto and I'm an upstanding member of society, bad things happen to good people:p

Some of the remarks on this thread are out of order. At the end of the day a young man has had his life took from him in front of his young family.

Sean, my thoughts are with you and little grace.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Fair enough.

I'm 6 foot 3, about 16 stone, blue eyes, married with 3 kids. Work in accountancy. Hobbies include tennis, golf, rugby (spectating), football, skiing and visiting museums with the kids.

weirdo.

:)

Archived