Rugby Players?

Captain Lithuania

Captain Lithuania

Anyone on JKB here play rugby, just wanting to know! If you do post your position, team and whatever else here!

Me:

Position: Utility forward (not flanker)

Team: Murrayfield wanderers

Additional info: Represented Scotland while playing at U15, played against France, England, and Ireland.

christhejambo

Played for Livingston until i was about 18, and Universite Pierre Mendes France in Grenoble, France last year. Normally loose-head prop, but am surprisingly mobile, so can turn my hand to most of the positions in the scrum

Captain Lithuania
Played for Livingston until i was about 18, and Universite Pierre Mendes France in Grenoble, France last year. Normally loose-head prop, but am surprisingly mobile, so can turn my hand to most of the positions in the scrum

The Livingston team nowadays is pants.. When we play them at home its always a Livi man reffing for them and they consistantly try to get you sent off.

I use to know a couple of guys that played for Livingston but that was a few years ago, probably don't play now.

I P Knightley

Does retired count?

Lock when at school and uni

Back row occasionally at uni (but they favoured nimble wee blokes then - had to give them something to do, I suppose) and back row (usually No8) for clubs: Finchley & London Scottish.

The rugby world was cruelly deprived of my presence by injury aged 24.

Captain Lithuania
Does retired count?

Lock when at school and uni

Back row occasionally at uni (but they favoured nimble wee blokes then - had to give them something to do, I suppose) and back row (usually No8) for clubs: Finchley & London Scottish.

The rugby world was cruelly deprived of my presence by injury aged 24.

I would be devastated if I got seriously injured and couldn't play anymore, I love playing lol!

I played through high school.

Yr 1-4: Scrum Half

Yr 5+6: Mainly full back

Never played for a club as I had prior engagements on a Saturday afternoon.;)

I used to play: Second Row, Wing Forward or Number 8.

I used to play for: Ross High, and before them Preston Lodge.

I gave up playing when I was 26 due to injury (Anterior Cruciate Ligament right knee twice), if it hadn't been for that I would probably still be playing although at Social Level.

I used to play: Second Row, Wing Forward or Number 8.

I used to play for: Ross High, and before them Preston Lodge.

I gave up playing when I was 26 due to injury (Anterior Cruciate Ligament right knee twice), if it hadn't been for that I would probably still be playing although at Social Level.

Likewise I did my anterior cruciate ligament (left knee)aged 28 and never played seriously again. Tried to train & play but the knee was F****d. that was in 1983 & they could not fix it then. Shame cos I loved playing I was a full-back/winger playing for Broughton FP.

Had some grat times Captaining the 4th XV (drinking team) then got more serious & fitter & got up to the 2nds.

Best times were on tour ,fabulous memories.

Managed to play when I was 50 at a mates 50th @ North Berwick was breathing through my a**e but the pre/during & post match port kept me going.

jamboinglasgow

Posistion: Prop (never played any other posistion)

Clubs: Stew Melville (P5 - S4) (was captain of the the P6 1st team then fell down the 4s the next season :s)

Royal High (mini rugby) (p3 - S1) Won alot of things with them but fell from grace in P6 when moved to the second team.

No. of tries: 5

Used to play alot younger and was a real battering ram as I was alot bigger at school then I am now. Had the great abilty of discovering how to rip a ball (legally) of an opposition in a maul.

Fav try was in S3 when play for the third team of the year playing the third team of Glasgow Academy when I intercepted the ball from the opposition and ran from behind the halfway line down to the tryline (and as I said I was alot larger and so not as fast as I am now.) As we were about 42-0 up at the time I even attempted a kick (missed due to forgetting that the reason the players come in from left or right to kick is to make it curl left or right, not to be done when kicking straight infront of the posts like I was.

Desperately trying to retire, but also trying to find time to go to training to keep some sort of exercise into my increasingly sedentary lifestyle.

Played mostly hooker in Shetland colours, but in internal club games have the distinction of not being quite good enough to have a position to call my own so have filled every position on the field...including TJ and ref in National League games.

Also have the, probably unique, distinction of never being in the losing team when representing Shetland...I chose my games carefully :laugh:

Archived