Released players down south

Jambosimmy

Just watching Sky Sports news as i do often. A couple of players who have been released form clubs i feel might do a job for us. Emile Mpenza, Brian McBride... I know they are getting onj in life but McBride was still scoring in the EPL last season.

Just wondered if anybody noticed anybody else and what they thought about it

Goose Baxter
Just watching Sky Sports news as i do often. A couple of players who have been released form clubs i feel might do a job for us. Emile Mpenza, Brian McBride... I know they are getting onj in life but McBride was still scoring in the EPL last season.

As good as these players are cant see them being an EPL standard and wanting to come to an SPL club.

And also there is the wage factor!

Darth Sidious

Mpenza would rip SPL defences to shreds. Surprised the Ugly Sisters have not sniffed around.

Drylaw Hearts
Mpenza would rip SPL defences to shreds. Surprised the Ugly Sisters have not sniffed around.

Rangers tried to sign him several years ago when he was at Schalke.

McBride is exactly the sort of forward we need at the moment. Good in the air, never gives up, decent scoring rate, experienced.

Unfortunately i think theres zero chance of him being interested in us, or us being able to afford his wages.

200milesfromgorgie

McBride and Mpenza, in fact al these 33+ player, would not come to the SPL. They either go to MLS, Oz or UAE to get paid a fortune and live in the sun.

I think dickov is at blackpool. he was last season but not sure if he was released.

I just think we shoul be looking at these players and at least having a punt instead of the sub standard eastern europeans we keep going after.

I know what you are saying about thses players taking there cash and fecking off to the us or what not but there must be loads of these players kicking about who would def do a job for. Espacially in the striking department

HMFCjamieHMFC

McBride wasn't released he told them he wanted to go back and play in the MLS

sandy hearts
I think dickov is at blackpool. he was last season but not sure if he was released.

I just think we shoul be looking at these players and at least having a punt instead of the sub standard eastern europeans we keep going after.

I know what you are saying about thses players taking there cash and fecking off to the us or what not but there must be loads of these players kicking about who would def do a job for. Espacially in the striking department

Dickov is from livingston or he was anyway. does anyone know what team he supports? if he were to come to hearts he could easily do a job

Dickov is from livingston or he was anyway. does anyone know what team he supports? if he were to come to hearts he could easily do a job

I'm sure he's a Tim...but we can't hold that against him;)

grumpyespana

Forget it lads Vlad is only interested in bringing in players that have a sell on price, at the end of the day I would rather go that way rather than bring in old guys looking for there last big pay day.

Grumpy.

michael mifsud is available from coventry don't think he would cost much but again wages might be the problem

michael mifsud is available from coventry don't think he would cost much but again wages might be the problem

Now thats a good shout. I heard Bristol City where in for him. we need to be looking at quality like that

Archived