• 16,000 - 18,000
    • 18,001 - 20,000
    • 20,001 - 25,000
    • 25,001 - 30,000
    • 30,000+
    • Who cares but its so funny what happening to them

letsmakesomenoise

About 22,000

But it's on a Thursday night, so it's really a better result that we had.

Makes me laugh, Barca obviously thought Dundee Utd on the Sat was a better bet than the mighty Flairmeisters!

Jam Tarts 1874

Will hibs manage more than the 18,997 we had at Murrayfield on 19.7.06. against Osasuna on a Wednesday night? They will certainly get nowhere near the 28,486 we had against Siroki Brijeg the following Wednesday. Put the Siroki game in the same category as the hobos latest inter-tattie embarrassment with less than 8k turning out at fester road to watch the green Brazil play Elfsborg and the gulf between the support of each club is clearly put into perspective.

12000 ish, it should be at fester road, wee team, wee cup, mickey mouse and donald duck.

The Old Tolbooth

Where's the less than 16,000 option?

I mean, wee team, wee support, and lets face it, at least half of the supporters there will be there to see Barcelona and not Hibs.

Guest juvehearts

If the official figures are true & they have only sold 11k then i believe that the croud will be (im being nice bout this too) just over 15000.

so ill go for 15,107.

what is the prize if i get it correct?

Guest juvehearts

I forgot it might be more because people get their giros tomorrow & the muddyfield TO is going to be open till 5pm.

juve

p.s, wonder if the gorgie pubs will be full?

About 22,000

How so?

:wacko:

Own up, what muppet voted 30k+ ???????

I did but I was trying to go for the who cares option!

Guest juvehearts
About 22,000

Makes me laugh, Barca obviously thought Dundee Utd on the Sat was a better bet than the mighty Flairmeisters!

can you explain that one please?

how come?

hibs & dunfermline managed to muster 10k for a scottish cup semi final replay thru at hampden on a thursday night.

this is a friendly vs barcelona, only a friendly not a semi final in the big cup.

really please explain how 22k for a friendly vs barcelona on a thursday night is a ''better result than what we had''?!!!!

hearts_crazy

Too many people on here going for over 20,000. It's Hibs we're talkng about here, they don't have that many fans. And remember they don't like going to Murrayfield because it's too close to Tynie, and because we play Euro games there, and it's a Thursday, and the credit crunch has hit Leith harder than anywhere else, and Ronaldinho is away, and the novelty has worn off anyhow, and the seats are the wrong colour, and the bus fares cost too much from Lochend, and LRT buses are the wrong colour anyway........................

Wouldn't it be funny if there were just about as many Barca fans as hobos BTW.

Carl Spackler
It will be a prime number less than 20'000.

Are you suggesting your average Hibee is "all there"?

I went 18'001-20'000. Just as I feel some neutrals will beef it up. Not even sure they have that many fans.

If they all sat on row 5 or something then they can save some cash and not use ball boys.

:rolleyes:

:107years::107years::107years:

Maybe their attendance would be closer to ours if they did a buy one ticket, get three for free sort of deal.

Just a suggestion Mr Petrie.

Anyone care to guess what the attendance will be on Thursday?

...unemployable?

hearts_crazy
Maybe their attendance would be closer to ours if they did a buy one ticket, get three for free sort of deal.

Just a suggestion Mr Petrie.

Who would they give the 3 free ones too? Not hobos, they're all going anyway (apart from the 2 dozen with the lame excuses of course)

18,740 ;) (thats being kind and including stewards, ball boys, officials, police, St. John's ambulance medics etc)

grumpyjambo
18,740 ;) (thats being kind and including stewards, ball boys, officials, police, St. John's ambulance medics etc)

St Andrews if you dont mind, there will be 21 of us there on Thursday night.

pennantjambo

If they include veterans from their last scottish cup win, those with calipers, Kaiser sauzee lookalikes(gimpy legs, club foot etc,) Those still living at home and sleeping with their mum, registered heroin addicts, benefit cheats, season ticket holders, pay at the gate hobos then they should have absolutely no problem reaching 107,000 which would be a record for murrayfield.

Barca have asked their fans to be patient when queueing to get in for this one warning that there is every possibility of a lock-out.

Setanta have offered a televised package to pick up the overspill.

peebles jambo

i opted for the first figure, because there wasn't a lower one, i reckon, no more than 15k

They had people dressed in Barca gear etc at Almondvale shopping centre a few weeks ago trying to sell tickets. There was no Hibs stuff on show. They had a table out with barca tops, scarfs etc - they must know that advertising hibs would turn people away. I gladly replied 'I seen them play the big team last year' when asked if i wanted to go.

So it ended up 23,390!

Seems like playing Livi in the mickey mouse cup through in Glasgow only to get pumped is a bigger attraction than playing a footballing super power to get pumped in their own back yard?

Archived