Charity motorbike ride round the UK

geddy

"Three blokes, three bikes, 3,500 miles of coast road in 10 days – our charity challenge!".......

Read on...

I know there are a few bikers on this board, and I thought they might be interested in what 3 local guys are doing in August to raise money for Marie Curie and MacMillan cancer relief.

On Saturday 2nd August starting from the Forth Road Bridge the 3 guys are going round all the coast roads of the uk (as best as possible) in a reverse clockwise way. They are aiming to raise as much money for both charities as well as raise awareness as they go.

The link to this is...

http://www.coastrode.co.uk/index.html

One of the guys is a Hibby, but don't hold that against him..he told me that us Jambos up to now had been even more generous in sponsorship than than the Hibbies up till now. Which is pleasing! (If donating tell them you logged on via kickback, I will then slag David off about it, until he runs me over with his bike no doubt!)

They are also asking for bikers to come along on the morning of the 2nd to support them on the off.

Anyone that can get along would be great. I will be there (god knows what state I'll be in..I'm bussing).

Cheers for reading and feel free to sponsor the guys on the web link.

Geddy

Doctor FinnBarr
"Three blokes, three bikes, 3,500 miles of coast road in 10 days ? our charity challenge!".......

Read on...

I know there are a few bikers on this board, and I thought they might be interested in what 3 local guys are doing in August to raise money for Marie Curie and MacMillan cancer relief.

On Saturday 2nd August starting from the Forth Road Bridge the 3 guys are going round all the coast roads of the uk (as best as possible) in a reverse clockwise way. They are aiming to raise as much money for both charities as well as raise awareness as they go.

The link to this is...

http://www.coastrode.co.uk/index.html

One of the guys is a Hibby, but don't hold that against him..he told me that us Jambos up to now had been even more generous in sponsorship than than the Hibbies up till now. Which is pleasing! (If donating tell them you logged on via kickback, I will then slag David off about it, until he runs me over with his bike no doubt!)

They are also asking for bikers to come along on the morning of the 2nd to support them on the off.

Anyone that can get along would be great. I will be there (god knows what state I'll be in..I'm bussing).

Cheers for reading and feel free to sponsor the guys on the web link.

Geddy

Good luck to them, we as a club (Pie Eaters) donate plenty of money to charity each year, mostly to the NABD (but we don't like to talk about it)!

Hope the weathers decent for them tho, long way round if you're wet.

:)

Think The Blind Beggar is the only pub in Edinburgh with a collection can for NABD.

As they said to me the other night...if it rains, they get wet!

Certainly hope they get decent weather.

If you are doing nought on the 2nd, go along and wave them off (or other signs for the Hibs fan amongst them...;))

If you know anyone who may be interested in supporting them in any way, please link them up with the guys.

All support is appreciated.

Think they are averaging 350 miles each day mostly a and b roads. They will be on motorway for 20 miles at most. At least they won't fall asleep on hot days!

Good luck

You'll be fine as long as these couple of wallopers dont show up...

Doctor FinnBarr
Good luck

You'll be fine as long as these couple of wallopers dont show up...

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Archived