palistinian in digger smashes into car and bus in israel...so ****ing what!?!?!

Quagmire

i'm sorry if that seems a bit blunt, but that's how i feel.

it's utterly SICK that the BBC give this nonsense coverage when no one even died, without even MENTIONING what's causing it.

if some ******* came and bulldozed down my house, i'd be pretty unhappy and would probably want to do something about it. and when you have nothing, what the **** are you meant to do?!?!?!?

(in some cases houses have been bulldozed in palestine by the israeli army WITH PEOPLE STILL INSIDE, in one case someone who was elderly and couldn't move - the fact that his family were screaming at the bulldozer to stop did nothing)

i hate this country and it's joke of a media.

EDIT:

from BBC site - "A BBC correspondent says it is thought the 2 July attacker was simply a disturbed man without political motivation - but Israelis will worry Tuesday's incident was a copycat attack and that this could now be a new tactic."

that is just an appalling lie. ****ing sick.

scott_jambo

it's utterly SICK that the BBC give this nonsense coverage when no one even died, without even MENTIONING what's causing it.

if some ******* came and bulldozed down my house, i'd be pretty unhappy and would probably want to do something about it. and when you have nothing, what the **** are you meant to do?!?!?!?

(in some cases houses have been bulldozed in palestine by the israeli army WITH PEOPLE STILL INSIDE, in one case someone who was elderly and couldn't move - the fact that his family were screaming at the bulldozer to stop did nothing)

Israeli's will always win the propaganda/media side of this conflict unfortunately. For every 1 Isreali that dies, 10 Palestinians will no doubt perish. But we wont hear about them.

jackjambo22
Israeli's will always win the propaganda/media side of this conflict unfortunately. For every 1 Isreali that dies, 10 Palestinians will no doubt perish. But we wont hear about them.

Bang on :(

Commander Harris

EDIT:

from BBC site - "A BBC correspondent says it is thought the 2 July attacker was simply a disturbed man without political motivation - but Israelis will worry Tuesday's incident was a copycat attack and that this could now be a new tactic."

I thought 3 people died, as well as the driver himself? EDIT: I gather there was another incident and this is the one you are referring too?

I find it strange that you think the BBC are somehow pro-israel when there have been several independent investigations into their coverage on Israel that have found the exact opposite.

The motivation for them being hesitant to suggest it is political could actually be thought to be the exact opposite of what you suggest. i.e. the BBC are not willing to report this as an act of violence onbehalf of the Palestinians.

scott_jambo
I thought 3 people died, as well as the driver himself? EDIT: I gather there was another incident and this is the one you are referring too?

I find it strange that you think the BBC are somehow pro-israel when there have been several independent investigations into their coverage on Israel that have found the exact opposite.

The motivation for them being hesitant to suggest it is political could actually be thought to be the exact opposite of what you suggest. i.e. the BBC are not willing to report this as an act of violence onbehalf of the Palestinians.

Im not sure the OP was implying that the bbc were pro Israel.

This is just an example of how the media coverage of the conflict is weighted in Israel's favour.

Commander Harris
Im not sure the OP was implying that the bbc were pro Israel.

This is just an example of how the media coverage of the conflict is weighted in Israel's favour.

fair enough, I don't believe it is weighted towards Israel at all. In fact, I think the BBC are very heavily weighted against Israel.

Cardiac Rucksack

The BBC have always seemed very pro palestine from where I have been sitting.

Commander Harris
The BBC have always seemed very pro palestine from where I have been sitting.

indeed. and like I say, there was the independent investigation into their reporting of Israel that the fought in the high court to keep secret. (arguing against the freedom of information act that they have argued for in court to justify reporting other things :confused:)

MacDonald Jardine

EDIT:

So what do you want?

"Palestinian crashes bulldozer in Israel. Now lets see a rerun of the top 5 Israeli atrocities to show how much the *******s deserve what they get."?

So what do you want?"Palestinian crashes bulldozer in Israel. Now lets see a rerun of the top 5 Israeli atrocities to show how much the *******s deserve what they get."?

I want the Beeb , ITV , Channel 4 etc to start reporting from the M East conflict with some balance. To stop being afraid of pro Israeli lobby groups who jump down the throats of the media in this country with cries of 'foul play' everytime (and that ain't very often) the Israelis get a bad press.

The whole of the Gaza Strip has been closed off to the world for months and is being fed by food aid - that's when Israel allows it in. And what's being reported about that ? If the Arab nations were blockading food inports into Israel , how long do you think it would take world opinion , the US, to move into action ? I'd say about 2 nano seconds.

On top of all that we get the constant Muslim extremist reference to world peace. As if Iran , Iraq etc were the only countries in the M East who are influenced by extemist (or should that be 'orthodox') religion. I just love the irony of one group , living their lives according to a religious book (bible/Talmud/whatever) rounding on another group who live their lives by another religious book (Koran).

John Findlay

The first casualty of war is the truth and the war in the middle east has been raging since Moses(allegedly, according to the old testament) led the Exodus from Egypt to the promised land. The promised land being Israel.

To me like Northern Ireland but on a far greater scale and far greater scale of hatred both sides are as bad as each other. Niether in this case will be satisfied until the other has been wiped from the face of the earth.

John

I want the Beeb , ITV , Channel 4 etc to start reporting from the M East conflict with some balance. To stop being afraid of pro Israeli lobby groups who jump down the throats of the media in this country with cries of 'foul play' everytime (and that ain't very often) the Israelis get a bad press.

The whole of the Gaza Strip has been closed off to the world for months and is being fed by food aid - that's when Israel allows it in. And what's being reported about that ? If the Arab nations were blockading food inports into Israel , how long do you think it would take world opinion , the US, to move into action ? I'd say about 2 nano seconds.

On top of all that we get the constant Muslim extremist reference to world peace. As if Iran , Iraq etc were the only countries in the M East who are influenced by extemist (or should that be 'orthodox') religion. I just love the irony of one group , living their lives according to a religious book (bible/Talmud/whatever) rounding on another group who live their lives by another religious book (Koran).

amen.

MacDonald Jardine

So in your balanced world how would incidents in Israel be reported?

So in your balanced world how would incidents in Israel be reported?

dunno about the other guy, but i'd say they should be reported as this -

responses to atrocities in palestine, and acts of severe desperation, not hatred. did you know there's a 95% rate of mental illness in children in palestine? almost all suffer from some kind of trauma, terrified at night as israel fly bombers over the west bank and gaza (not bombing, but terrorising).

MacDonald Jardine
dunno about the other guy, but i'd say they should be reported as this -

responses to atrocities in palestine, and acts of severe desperation, not hatred. did you know there's a 95% rate of mental illness in children in palestine? almost all suffer from some kind of trauma, terrified at night as israel fly bombers over the west bank and gaza (not bombing, but terrorising).

I'm no great supporter of Israel but to suggest that one side's acts of terrorism can always be excused is unbelievable.

There is no hatred against Israel in Palestine just desperation at their plight?

A legitimate response to terrorisation of one civilian population is to inflict the same on another?

I'm no great supporter of Israel but to suggest that one side's acts of terrorism can always be excused is unbelievable.

There is no hatred against Israel in Palestine just desperation at their plight?

A legitimate response to terrorisation of one civilian population is to inflict the same on another?

of course there's hatred - but there's a great deal more desperation.

their response is not legitimate, true, but they have utterly nowhere else to turn. israel have ignored more UN resolutions passed against them than any other country ever. the votes have been almost unanimous, the only two countries showing continuous support being...well...have a guess...

and to suggest they are inflicting anything LIKE the damage israel inflict on them is just daft.

Archived