"European Striker"

pressgang22

Ryan Gosling

Incidentally, my sources inform me we're currently trialling a promising Olympian African striker from an unnamed SPL club. Don't have a name, hear he resembles Simon Weston.

Incidentally, my sources inform me we're currently trialling a promising Olympian African striker from an unnamed SPL club. Don't have a name, hear he resembles Simon Weston.

Benj..... Surely not??!?!?!

Suspect Device

Benji the Dug ?!!!

HMFCjamieHMFC

Surely your can't be telling the truth we wouldn't sing Benji would we?

H J Simpson

I really find this comparing Simon Weston to Benji a little tastless and sick to be honest.

I mean how do you think the poor guy feels getting told he looks that little hobo ******.

Fxxx the SPFL

They are flying Clum out immediately after he scored four times for mk dons last night in a closed door game against mk hoofters the other seven rejected his advances!!!!

;)

Drylaw Hearts
Fredi Bobic returns

I actually watched him play in a trial match v Gretna.

'Hopeless' - is the best word I can use to describe his performence.

Patrick Bateman
only recently european

Now, Now CK, don't be a tease! Who is it? :dribble:

Marius Niculae.

His country recently joined the EU......

Still needs a work permit although inverness got one after appeal after appeal and petitions

Marius Niculae.

Goes along with what someone told me on Saturday afternoon. A bid has been made apparently but it was slightly short of Caley's ?500K valuation.

Drylaw Hearts
Would Niculae really have to go on trial?

Who says anything about a trial ?

"At the moment we have two young players, Jamie Mole and Gary Glen, who need a little bit of time. Therefore, we must bring in a striker with experience who can lead the attack. This is my target just now and this is what I am looking for," said Laszlo.

"I have someone in mind, hopefully we will see him here in Germany. He is European, that is the area we are looking in. We have other forwards like Christian Nade but he is not ready at the moment. He is only doing preparation training so we cannot use him just now. I hope he will be fit enough to play in the next two or three weeks. We will try our best with him."

;)

Would Niculae really have to go on trial?

Even Ronaldo would have to go on trial I'd imagine.

I really find this comparing Simon Weston to Benji a little tastless and sick to be honest.

I mean how do you think the poor guy feels getting told he looks that little hobo ******.

I also find it a little tastless and sick considering Simon Westons going

through a divorce.

He says the kids look nothing like him.

Charlie-Brown

Just speculating but Mark De Vries would meet the descriptions of what we require and he's available.

Victor Meldrew
Just speculating but Mark De Vries would meet the descriptions of what we require and he's available.

Isn't he from Surinam?

Chad Sexington

It's more than likely someone that very few people have heard of.

We aren't really in a position to bring in a "name".

Here's hoping the boys quality though because we are desperately short of that up front at the moment.

Come on lets lay off poor Weston, he is going through a hard time, especially after he lost thousands of pounds. He thought he had won the pools but they refused to pay out...............

They said it was because he had burnt his coupon.

The old ones are the best!!:dribble:

Wonder if there was a chance of getting Ciprian Marica on a loan deal ?

I would have thought is was highly unlikely, considering he was VfB Stuttgart's record signing, only last summer.

I thought the Niculae trail had gone cold, but BBC Highland News were saying yesterday that they (Caley Thistle) had allowed him a week off to go to "Europe" (not "Romania") on "Business" so he would miss their training camp abroad

Struck me as a bit odd at the time, - why would he need a week out for "business" and what kind of "business" could he be involved in?

now I am wondering if it is Hearts "Business"

scott herbertson
I thought the Niculae trail had gone cold, but BBC Highland News were saying yesterday that they (Caley Thistle) had allowed him a week off to go to "Europe" (not "Romania") on "Business" so he would miss their training camp abroad

Struck me as a bit odd at the time, - why would he need a week out for "business" and what kind of "business" could he be involved in?

now I am wondering if it is Hearts "Business"

I understand it has been a done deal for some time and it's now just about a variation in the amount Hearts are willing to pay as a fee

It was ?500,000 originally, but as Calamity Elliott is now included in the deal ICT are holding out for ?750,000

Guest jambomickey
I understand it has been a done deal for some time and it's now just about a variation in the amount Hearts are willing to pay as a fee

It was ?500,000 originally, but as Calamity Elliott is now included in the deal ICT are holding out for ?750,000

how convinced of that are you mate? it be a great signing if it came off

Chad Sexington

He's a player I like but 750k seems a bit pricey to me.

Cant see Vlad paying that but I would certainly like to see him at the club.

scott herbertson
how convinced of that are you mate? it be a great signing if it came off

Jeez

I might have been a bit over subtle there

;)

Chad Sexington
Jeez

I might have been a bit over subtle there

;)

I thought you'd typoed to be honest. :)

I deffo heard a couple of rumours about us being in for him though.

scott herbertson
I thought you'd typoed to be honest. :)

I deffo heard a couple of rumours about us being in for him though.

I'll have to brush up my humour standards and smiley usage

:o

Given he is a highly regarded striker and from the same neck of the woods as Csaba, and off to europe on business it sounds quite likely.

What do people think of him in terms of a strike partner for our younger strikers (particularly Glen)?

alwaysthereinspirit
Goes along with what someone told me on Saturday afternoon. A bid has been made apparently but it was slightly short of Caley's ?500K valuation.

How about we give them what they want but they HAVE to take Elliot.

Chad Sexington

Given he is a highly regarded striker and from the same neck of the woods as Csaba, and off to europe on business it sounds quite likely.

What do people think of him in terms of a strike partner for our younger strikers (particularly Glen)?

I reckon he would be great for the youngsters.

Glen in particular could learn heaps about positioning, etc, from him.

For some reason, I can actually see Niculae and Makela being quite tasty together.

Ron Burgundy

Everyone harks on about his pedigree but he has never caught my eye whenever we've played ICT.

Rather sign that Egyptian giza(geddit) that there was a thread about.

Chad Sexington
Everyone harks on about his pedigree but he has never caught my eye whenever we've played ICT.

Rather sign that Egyptian giza(geddit) that there was a thread about.

Yeah he looked good...but don't they all on Youtube ;).

Feck it!

Why cant we have em both.

We're not exactly tripping over quality strikers at the club.

Make it happen Vlad.

:)

Archived