Hearts in "continuing to quash media rubbish" shock

Ryan Gosling

A manager is appointed. We sign a player. Clum is on his way oot the door. A seemingly constant flow of information from the club. If we manage to win the first couple of matches of the season it might be time to get Mozzer out of retirement and get the happy train back on the tracks!

alwaysthereinspirit

I just hate the fact every story about him says "subject to a work permit"

I just have an uneasy feeling we're going to get shafted again.

I honestly believe we'd have a hard time getting a work permit for a Scottish international.;)

Ron Burgundy

Whatever happened to him bringing in his own assistant?

From that article it seems he doesn't feel he needs to.Big mistake IMO.

HHmmm

A few days ago Csaba says he had his assistant in mind.

Now he says he has no imminent need for an assistant.

Sorry, loving being positive and all that, but not hugely happy about that.

Bottom line is he knows and we know he needs his own man in at number 2. Beside anything else there are not enough coaches at present, and Cervenkov is soiled - moreso than the emptied Frail

jamboinglasgow
Whatever happened to him bringing in his own assistant?

From that article it seems he doesn't feel he needs to.Big mistake IMO.

yeah that did make me feel a bit worried.

Harry Palmer

What are the odds on actually getting a WP for David Obua?

Anyway, why does he need an assistant to tell him that half the team is guff? I'm sure he'll be able to see that himself.

Look on the bright side... less wages etc etc!:hobofish:nomics.

A manager is appointed. We sign a player. Clum is on his way oot the door. A seemingly constant flow of information from the club. If we manage to win the first couple of matches of the season it might be time to get Mozzer out of retirement and get the happy train back on the tracks!

PMSL.

Still, it's good to be linked with players that are gonna fufill Mad Vlad's dream of Champs League success before Halley's Comet circles Easter Rd again.

Go Vlad !

"This is not true. We have coaching staff here and we're working with that coaching staff. We don't want to change at the moment.

Seems to complete contradict what he said about bringing in his own assistant. I have agreed with every word the guy has said since he came to the club but i think he is wrong with that statement.

HHmmm

Bottom line is he knows and we know he needs his own man in at number 2. Beside anything else there are not enough coaches at present, and Cervenkov is soiled - moreso than the emptied Frail

I agree. I hope he hasn't been told that he's not getting an assistant. Hardly a sign of commitment to him if he has.

Maybe he's been told he has to make do with what's there already (ie vlad puppets and informers!) :(

Guest JamboRobbo
HHmmm

Indeed. Much easier just to overlook that fact and read the good news though. I wonder if he's been told he doesn't need an assistant as we have one for him....... :P

ToadKiller Dog
Maybe he's been told he has to make do with what's there already (ie vlad puppets and informers!) :(

Maybe he feels he is starting to have a good working relationship with Stevie banks or heaven help us whats his name from last time.

Buffalo Bill
Indeed. Much easier just to overlook that fact and read the good news though. I wonder if he's been told he doesn't need an assistant as we have one for him....... :P

Maybe, or maybe not. We can use conjecture all day but I prefer to take some of your more generic advice....

PLEASE LEAVE HIM ALONE TO DO HIS JOB.

Buffalo Bill

Geoff Kilpatrick
HHmmm

Indeed.

The "committee" has no placed at Tynecastle.

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe, or maybe not. We can use conjecture all day but I prefer to take some of your more generic advice....

PLEASE LEAVE HIM ALONE TO DO HIS JOB.

Buffalo Bill

Indeed - thats exactly what we need. Vlad to let him to do his job.

But Last week he said he needed an assistant and he had someone in mind. Now he says he doesn't need an assistant.......what changed his mind?

And I wonder if his "we need a striker and a goalkeeper" will turn into "we don't need a striker and a goalkeeper" after his "chat with the owner" which he says he has to have?

Buffalo Bill
Indeed - thats exactly what we need. Vlad to let him to do his job.

But Last week he said he needed an assistant and he had someone in mind. Now he says he doesn't need an assistant.......what changed his mind?

And I wonder if his "we need a striker and a goalkeeper" will turn into "we don't need a striker and a goalkeeper" after his "chat with the owner" which he says he has to have?

Well Csaba seems like a big laddie who can take care of himself. I don't see him as the cowering puppet type but like a lot of other people in society, he has his boss and I have mine; and for better or for worse, their decision is final.

I'm sure by the end of the transfer window we'll be in a better position to judge the squad.

Meanwhile I am allowing myself to enjoy the positive reports coming out of Germany.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
Well Csaba seems like a big laddie who can take care of himself. I don't see him as the cowering puppet type but like a lot of other people in society, he has his boss and I have mine; and for better or for worse, their decision is final.

I'm sure by the end of the transfer window we'll be in a better position to judge the squad.

Meanwhile I am allowing myself to enjoy the positive reports coming out of Germany.

Buffalo Bill

All fair enough mate. But Vlads decision being final has been the root of our problems for 2 years now. The "I need an assistant" quote followed a week later by "I'll work with what I have" is very reminiscent of the problems we've seen over the past few years. It may be nothing, or it may be an indication the problems are still the same.

All the ideas in the world (and Csaba has certainly talked the talk) will make no difference whatsover if he's not allowed to implement them. This is the first danger sign I've seen since he arrived, and I think it's fair to note that.

If he meets Vlad, and Csaba "decides" that we don't need a striker or a goalie, then that'll be another sign.

All fair enough mate. But Vlads decision being final has been the root of our problems for 2 years now. The "I need an assistant" quote followed a week later by "I'll work with what I have" is very reminiscent of the problems we've seen over the past few years. It may be nothing, or it may be an indication the problems are still the same.

All the ideas in the world (and Csaba has certainly talked the talk) will make no difference whatsover if he's not allowed to implement them. This is the first danger sign I've seen since he arrived, and I think it's fair to note that.

If he meets Vlad, and Csaba "decides" that we don't need a striker or a goalie, then that'll be another sign.

2nd, if you take into account that he has taken No28,Audrey and Zal to the training camp,all 3 are of the highest pesh order.

Guest JamboRobbo
2nd, if you take into account that he has taken No28,Audrey and Zal to the training camp,all 3 are of the highest pesh order.

Yeah but fair do's, he'll has to give them a chance. If they play, and they play ****e, and they keep on playing, then we'll know we still have a problem on that front.

Same with the striker thing. If Lazlo has his chat, then comes back saying we now don't need a goalie and a striker, again, we'll know we have the same old problem.

Time will tell. :)

Yeah but fair do's, he'll has to give them a chance. If they play, and they play ****e, and they keep on playing, then we'll know we still have a problem on that front.

Same with the striker thing. If Lazlo has his chat, then comes back saying we now don't need a goalie and a striker, again, we'll know we have the same old problem.

Time will tell. :)

Strange how Screpis and Basso are not afforded the same chance.

Guest JamboRobbo
Strange how Screpis and Basso are not afforded the same chance.

Agreed. My take, and its just an interpretation based on what I've read, is that Vlad most likely got rid of Screpis, and Lazlo has had a quick look and decided he doesn't fancy Basso (maybe discipline issue and to show he is boss by being hard on someone!) and wants a new keeper. So 1-1 on those I reckon.

Time will tell.

Agreed. My take, and its just an interpretation based on what I've read, is that Vlad most likely got rid of Screpis, and Lazlo has had a quick look and decided he doesn't fancy Basso (maybe discipline issue and to show he is boss by being hard on someone!) and wants a new keeper. So 1-1 on those I reckon.

Time will tell.

Very true JR,time will tell,but that has been 3 or 4 different things in what 10 day's since he arrived that make you think "does he really have the controle he would like".

winston churchill

because he's knocked this guy back.

maybe it's the old double bluff ,and he will bring his own guy in.

you never know,it might be somebody that kens the scottish/british game.

Nelly Terraces
because he's knocked this guy back.

maybe it's the old double bluff ,and he will bring his own guy in.

you never know,it might be somebody that kens the scottish/british game.

Packed yer Speedos for the trip to the Fatherland yet? :rolleyes:

I've planned a 5am dip in the Rheine for all members of DFYL/Franky Tours on the Saturday morning. Sort the men from the boys. ;)

It is certainly a worrying change in stance from Csaba. As JR says, its the first danger sign so far. It may turn out to be nothing but it is worth noting.

Maybe he is happy with the coaches we have or is willing to give them time. (As an outsider I'd say that we are weak in that area. Korobochka was always going to be there but Chervenkov has a LOT to prove). I'd certainly feel better if an assistant manager was appointed by Csaba.

I have seen nothing else to suggest that Csaba is getting pressured into decisions he does not agree with.

Guest JamboRobbo
Very true JR,time will tell,but that has been 3 or 4 different things in what 10 day's since he arrived that make you think "does he really have the controle he would like".

Small things maybe, but this is the first real sign of an issue for me. And it may actually be nothing....

Independence

Blame Vlad!!!!

Ive forgotten what this thread is about...but blame him anyway!!!!

Get real everyone and stop this hysterical nonsense!

Guest JamboRobbo
Blame Vlad!!!!

Ive forgotten what this thread is about...but blame him anyway!!!!

Get real everyone and stop this hysterical nonsense!

Which bit do you feel is "hysterical nonsense"?

I like the fact that they're using news updates to respond to things which have been in the news - rather less 'positive' things, such as FUFA and Csaba's dispute etc. Silence may be dignified but it's also slightly guilty (perhaps unfairly, at times!) and this stuff is obviously geared towards reassuring the fans. I suppose it's there for the press to pick up in response to their daily 'scandals' - but I guess the chances of that are fairly slim...

No matter. At least they're communicating with the fans. :)

Small things maybe, but this is the first real sign of an issue for me. And it may actually be nothing....

If you look for signs and scrutinise everything, you're obviously going to find them JR.

They won't ever explain every decision that they make or give any great level of detail as to why certain players leave and others stay. There will always be room for ambiguity.

If the results improve, this ambiguity will largely pass unnoticed too.

Guest JamboRobbo
If you look for signs and scrutinise everything, you're obviously going to find them JR.

Indeed. But with our track record, it's not an unreasonable thing to do. I'm not getting over-worried yet, but it is the first sign IMO.

They won't ever explain every decision that they make or give any great level of detail as to why certain players leave and others stay. There will always be room for ambiguity.

Ambiguity is one thing. Complete changes of direction over a period of days, on important football matters, with no explanation whatsoever, are another.

If the results improve, this ambiguity will largely pass unnoticed too.

aye. but if the correct processes aren't in place, the results won't improve, as we all witnessed previous 2 years. I'd rather we were being pro-active than re-active.

Dr. Bapswent

As those Nigerians say.

A lizard that fell from the top of a tree wastes its time looking back to where it fell from; if there was anything good the lizard deserved, it could not have missed it while it was there on top of the tree.

Guest JamboRobbo

And as the Scottish say.

If a lizard has fallen from a tree and intends to climb back to the top again, it'd be a good idea to sort out it's underlying tree gripping problems, otherwise there is little point trying to climb back to the top only to fall off again.

Commander Harris
As those Nigerians say.

or

A farmer does not boast that he has had a good harvest until his stock of yams lasts till the following harvest season.

:eek:

Indeed. But with our track record, it's not an unreasonable thing to do. I'm not getting over-worried yet, but it is the first sign IMO.

It's only the first sign if you're convinced that something is going to happen. Otherwise, it's not really anything....that's what I'm trying to say. If you're determined that everything means something, then...er...it will...if you follow me...

Ambiguity is one thing. Complete changes of direction over a period of days, on important football matters, with no explanation whatsoever, are another.

A complete change of direction? I'm not quite sure what you mean....

aye. but if the correct processes aren't in place, the results won't improve, as we all witnessed previous 2 years. I'd rather we were being pro-active than re-active.

Taken in context, there's a sense of more proactive things happening than anything else. We don't need to subject every tiny decision to huge amounts of scrutiny just to make sure that they're not sneaking something naughty past us...everybody is watching, fans and media included...we're not going to miss anything. I just think we need to restrain ourselves a little, past experience has made us cynical and suspicious and we can't be blamed for that, but allowing that to colour our behaviour and reaction towards the manager and the team isn't going to help us do our bit to assist in this process of improving things.

winston churchill
Packed yer Speedos for the trip to the Fatherland yet? :rolleyes:

I've planned a 5am dip in the Rheine for all members of DFYL/Franky Tours on the Saturday morning. Sort the men from the boys. ;)

meeting lester tone,claw,noodles at 10am for a franzisk.jpg

Guest JamboRobbo
It's only the first sign if you're convinced that something is going to happen. Otherwise, it's not really anything....that's what I'm trying to say. If you're determined that everything means something, then...er...it will...if you follow me...

I don't think thats true at all to be honest.

A complete change of direction? I'm not quite sure what you mean....

I mean that last week he said he would bringing in an assistant and he knew who it was.

A week later, he appears to be saying he'll work with what is there.

With no explanation of what happened to change his opinion.

Maybe it's just a confusing second interview, but if he doesn't bring in an assistant, I'd expect the fans to be told why.

Taken in context, there's a sense of more proactive things happening than anything else. We don't need to subject every tiny decision to huge amounts of scrutiny just to make sure that they're not sneaking something naughty past us...everybody is watching, fans and media included...we're not going to miss anything. I just think we need to restrain ourselves a little, past experience has made us cynical and suspicious and we can't be blamed for that, but allowing that to colour our behaviour and reaction towards the manager and the team isn't going to help us do our bit to assist in this process of improving things.

Fair enough.

I think if we're being bull****ted AGAIN, for the third year running, I'd rather know sooner rather than later so I don't waste my time any further.

I don't think thats true at all to be honest.

I disagree. I think that if we look for problems, we'll think we find them everywhere because we don't really know for certain what led to certain decisions being made...nor are we ever likely to. Which is normal, by all accounts. So I guess what I mean is that if we're determined to find issues, then we will. Or we'll think we have found them anyway.

I mean that last week he said he would bringing in an assistant and he knew who it was.

A week later, he appears to be saying he'll work with what is there.

With no explanation of what happened to change his opinion.

Maybe it's just a confusing second interview, but if he doesn't bring in an assistant, I'd expect the fans to be told why.

Ah right, gotcha. I wondered myself if that was maybe another 'lost in translation' moment but I hope there will be some sort of clarification made in the near future. Csaba tends to talk (a lot) which is helpful, so I hope someone will ask the pertinent question sooner rather than later.

Fair enough.

I think if we're being bull****ted AGAIN, for the third year running, I'd rather know sooner rather than later so I don't waste my time any further.

Yep, there is that.... :)

Ryan Gosling

Maybe he feels there's no benefit to bringing in a new coach while pre-season is ongoing. They have a plan and a routine and might want to stick to it.

This thread is funny

To a man anytime Csaba's need for his own assistant has been discussed (until this thread) we have all agreed that it was relatively important that he got his own man in, and relied as little as possible upon the remnants of the ill fated committee

Now that a complete U-turn has been performed it is being argued it isnt important

A bit of honesty from everyone would be nice here.

Bottom line is Csaba was keen to get his own man in. Nothing has changed in the coaching staff other than the u-turn quoted in this report

Given the recent history at our club this is potentially concerning.

As far as I am concerned I am presuming Csaba has full control of everything football until proven otherwise. In my eyes the assistant thing is circumstantial evidence that Csaba isnt getting everything he wants

This may or may not be important down the line, but I do think it is important that our manager has someone as his assistant who he can trust and work with. And someone talented. Until yesterday Csaba thought this too.

Factually he simply doesnt have such a coach in any event - one that can be trusted and that is talented.

But lets see what else, if anything, unfolds

Yours unhysterically

JammyT

If we exclude Korobotcha and Chernenkov who clearly are not up to the task, there is no-one on the coaching staff who has any experience of British football.

And yet they are making decisions on which players are to go and which are to stay as well as bringing in players.

And if no-one with any experience of Scottish or British football is appointed - we will yet again be giving a head start to the other teams in the league.

Guest JamboRobbo
I disagree. I think that if we look for problems, we'll think we find them everywhere because we don't really know for certain what led to certain decisions being made...nor are we ever likely to. Which is normal, by all accounts. So I guess what I mean is that if we're determined to find issues, then we will. Or we'll think we have found them anyway.

In general, I do see where you're coming from, but with this particular issue, I think Csaba was pretty clear what he wanted, and this is not a minor issue that makes little difference. It's our managers right hand man......and it would appear we may be witnessing the same old problems resurfacing already.

In general, I do see where you're coming from, but with this issue, I think Csaba was pretty clear what he wanted, and this is not a minor issue that makes little difference. It's our managers right hand man......

Yes, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that this could be his own decision, he may have simply changed his mind...for a whole variety of reasons. I guess we won't know the answer to that until someone asks though.

Archived