Back in 1983

Famous Hearts

Famous Hearts

Found this on you-tube. This was our first defeat of the 83/84 season after five straight wins but thats not what I found interesting. This takes you back to the good old days of the shed and anyone who was around at that time will remember the songs. Some of the younger of you may be surprised at some of them. You will also note several things:

Gordon Strachan was equally popular back then...

Robbo was half the weight then that he is now.

the referees were equally bad.

scott herbertson

Thanks - that brought back some memories

That was a good Aberdeen team , so no disgrace

Found this on you-tube. This was our first defeat of the 83/84 season after five straight wins but thats not what I found interesting. This takes you back to the good old days of the shed and anyone who was around at that time will remember the songs. Some of the younger of you may be surprised at some of them. You will also note several things:

Indeed."For its a grand old team to play for....." was getting a good airing(with add-ons it must be stressed!)

How times change.

Why am I watching Aberdeen beat us 2-0????

when i read it i thought the same thing...cant we watch one of the 5 straight win games :P

Charlie-Brown

The 1983 strips were a proper DARK maroon colour - much better than anything we've had recently.

Era Macaroons

You've just reminded me how magic our goalposts were , with those huge deep curved stantions.

also the enclosure standing....this should be redone in next main stand (if its allowed)

Strange.

According to the Sheep they have always had the biggest travelling support in Europe. It looks mysteriously like there are hardly any of them there.

Rick Grimes

that may well be my first game. was around 8 and we lost 2-0 to Aberdeen.

Glamorgan Jambo

Excellent stuff. I remember the game well. All the Aberdeen players seemed bigger and more 'ripped' than the Hearts players in the warm up. Was a not bad performance by the newly promoted JTs against the sheep who had just won the Cup winners cup.

Also a rousing rendition of Its a grand old team to play for from the shed. Wonder if any of todays traditionalists were joining in all those years ago??

;)

Buffalo Bill

Despite the 2-0 loss, it was a great season for Hearts - the resurrection.

83/84 was the birth of the modern era for Hearts.

Buffao Bill

interesting video in related videos on same page just after tommy walker video;) lol

Archived