Liverpool FC

LeeBarclay94

LeeBarclay94

Alright Guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Liverpool supporters clubs in Edinburgh?.

Me and a few mates are Liverpool fans and when we aren?t watching The Famous JT?s we are watching Liverpool, managed to get to a couple of games last season but tickets are obviously very hard to come by!.

We are hoping to get to a few more games this season and wondered if there were any supporter?s buses running from Edinburgh or Lothians we could get in touch with. I know a few boozers in East Lothian did run buses 6 or 7 times a year but apparently not any more.

If u have any info please give me a shout!

Cheers!

jamboinheaven
Don't know of any from the east of Scotland but I came across this club.

http://www.westofscotlandreds.com/

i knew there was a club up in aberdeen,but they didnt stop in edinburgh,if you do get info please pm me as i would also be interested,maybe get a mini bus if got enough interest.

LeeBarclay94
i knew there was a club up in aberdeen,but they didnt stop in edinburgh,if you do get info please pm me as i would also be interested,maybe get a mini bus if got enough interest.

Yeah...definitely mate!..I'll let you know!.

Going to the first game of the season at Sunderland but could only get tickets for Sunderland end!...was at the same fixture last season, cracking atmosphere!

The Old Tolbooth

I might be wrong but I think there's a bus goes from round about the Dumfries area mate.

Another Liverpool fan here. Let me know if anything gets sorted as I know another couple of lads that support Liverpool too. All based in West Lothian area. Would defo be up for sorting out a bus for a couple of games next season and it would be easier to get tickets if we did start up some type of East of Scotland supporters club.

yvonnejambo

For the Liverpool fans have you tried to get tickets for the friendly against Inverness? Might be sold out now, but worth a look and just up the A9 a bit :)

Im in the same boat, would love to get to a couple of games at anfield when the Jambos are away. Managed to get tickets for the liverpool end at ibrox for the friendly on the 2nd Aug,There is a supporters club based in glasgow http://www.glasgowreds.com i think there looking to become official.

Nucky Thompson
I might be wrong but I think there's a bus goes from round about the Dumfries area mate.
I think that is the WOS one john. It leaves Ayr and heads down the M74.

Yeah am a red myself so wouldnt mind getting involved in a supporters bus for a couple of trips down to anfield.

Not a red myself, but I've got a mate who moved to Edinburgh last year (from Dublin). He's Liverpool daft and would definately be up for it. So if anything gets started be sure to let everyone here know.

Used to be a member of the Aberdeen Liverpool supporters club. only problem was we had to catch the bus from Stirling Service Station which for the Man Utd games was a nightmare as kick off was 12.30pm so we had to get there at like 4.30am or something like that.

Always got tickets for the big games though so was well worth the ?20 joining fee.

Denny Crane
Liverpool FC can sook ma root.

And they can eat my ass while they're at it

And you pair of soft lads can sit back and marvel at LFC's European trophy count.:mw_tease:

For the rest of the Red bretheren, I know its a hike from Edinburgh, but below is the West of Scotland LFC SC's details:-

http://www.westofscotlandreds.com/front_page.html

Dusk_Till_Dawn
And you pair of soft lads can sit back and marvel at LFC's European trophy count.:mw_tease:

Ah, for a moment there I thought you'd strayed onto dangerous ground by mentioning Premier League titles. Glad to see the anfield airbrush is in working order :hobofish:

Ah, for a moment there I thought you'd strayed onto dangerous ground by mentioning Premier League titles. Glad to see the anfield airbrush is in working order :hobofish:

What about league titles? Liverpool still lead by one! 18 to Man U's 17 then the rest. Although Man U have been losers...i mean runners up....more times! ;)

rudi must stay
What about league titles? Liverpool still lead by one! 18 to Man U's 17 then the rest. Although Man U have been losers...i mean runners up....more times! ;)

how many time they won the Premiership? :P

Denny Crane

I would be a strange kind of Hobo to have produced a Hearts fanzine for two years in the early 90s. :rolleyes:

Anyway, regarding English league titles, as someone has pointed out already, the score is 18-17 in Liverpool's favour. While LFC's 18 going on 19 year famine is indeed unacceptable, it has not yet reached the disgraceful figure of 26 years achieved by the Mancs between 1967-1993 (and no, the second division title of 1975 does not count). ;)

Denny Crane

:4_1_72:

Manc straw-clutching of the highest order

There was still a first/premier division before Sky came along mate

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I would be a strange kind of Hobo to have produced a Hearts fanzine for two years in the early 90s. :rolleyes:

Don't take yourself too seriously

Anyway, regarding English league titles, as someone has pointed out already, the score is 18-17 in Liverpool's favour. While LFC's 18 going on 19 year famine is indeed unacceptable, it has not yet reached the disgraceful figure of 26 years achieved by the Mancs between 1967-1993 (and no, the second division title of 1975 does not count). ;)

Why all the references to Man U? :confused:

Denny Crane
Don't take yourself too seriously

Why all the references to Man U? :confused:

1. Well don't call me a Hobo

2. I assumed you were a Glams follower because they always seem very insecure of themselves when someone presents Liverpool's trophy record in response to their inflated claim(s) of so-called 'greatness'.

Denny Crane
I'd trade every trophy won by LFC to be able to call myself an Evertonian.

Yeah I suppose their fan could do with some company! ;)

chester copperpot

Liverpool = Successful

Everton = Not so Successful.

Get over it.

Denny Crane
"Everton are a bigger club than Liverpool. Everywhere you go on Merseyside you bump into Everton supporters."

Graeme Souness

"Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"

Alan Ball

"Everton are the peoples club in Liverpool. The people on the street support Everton."

David Moyes

"I'd break every bone in my body for any club I play for but I'd die for Everton"

Dave Hickson

Given S*ness' actions on 15/4/92, that wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway, I'll leave it to someone far greater than the above to retort:-

'A lot of football success is in the mind.

You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.'

'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie (Deans)would be

amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger

crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

'Sickness would not have kept me away from this one (victory over Everton in 1971 FA Cup semi).

If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket

to the ground, prop it up in the stands,

and cut a hole in the lid.'

(After Alan Ball had signed for Everton) 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team'

(non Everton but a wee favourite of mine) 'There's Man. Utd and Man. City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.'

I'll assume you've worked out by now the above quotes were said by one Bill Shankly.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1. Well don't call me a Hobo

2. I assumed you were a Glams follower because they always seem very insecure of themselves when someone presents Liverpool's trophy record in response to their inflated claim(s) of so-called 'greatness'.

I'm a Toffee.

To be honest, you can't put a cigarette paper between Liverpool and Man U. And although there was a time when Liverpool were far superior, a large number of the season tickets at Anfield probably weren't alive to see it. The club have dined out on past glories for a while (not that it isn't good to have past glories in the first place).

Boab Mugabe

Have Liverpool won the league since the introduction of the passback rule? Serious question.

Denny Crane
Have Liverpool won the league since the introduction of the passback rule? Serious question.

No. United ended their famine the season it was introduced.... by God that's it!!! It was the pesky passback that made the Glams so dreadfully inept for 26 years! Holy cow... That's as great an excuse as Gordon Strachan's for Man Utd not winning the 86 title after winning their first 10 games when he said in an autobiography released shortly after that time: "We got off to a great start but then we faced all those long-ball playing teams and we slipped away" (the same ones that Liverpool, Everton and West Ham - who finished above them - didn't meet that season).

There was more to LFC's decline than the passback - Dalglish not making a decent signing since Ray Houghton in 87 being one. S*ness' even stranger signings, his dismantling of the bootroom and his arrogance alienating the dressing room. Plus Ferguson taking full advantage of his final lifeline (1990 FA Cup) all contributed to United taking top dog spot domestically.

• 2 weeks later...
Harry Palmer

Back on topic.....(a bit late I know!).

Any updates on an LFC supporters club in Edinburgh area? I'm assuming that members will need to have an LFC Member card to apply for tickets? Or am I spraffing?

I got a LFC Fan Card a couple of years ago but havent used it yet. But even having one does not guarentee you a ticket(s). If we could get a mini bus full of people wanting to go to a game then try to contact Liverpool regarding tickets for a lesser game against one of the lower teams in the league but I feel it would have to be quite far in advance. I know another couple of guys that would be interested in going and it would not be too much to hire a minibus.

Not a fan of Liverpool, or any team other than Hearts for that matter, but being of a certain vintage, their new away strip is uber cool.

Harry Palmer
I got a LFC Fan Card a couple of years ago but havent used it yet. But even having one does not guarentee you a ticket(s). If we could get a mini bus full of people wanting to go to a game then try to contact Liverpool regarding tickets for a lesser game against one of the lower teams in the league but I feel it would have to be quite far in advance. I know another couple of guys that would be interested in going and it would not be too much to hire a minibus.

Being on a limited budget(!), a game far in advance would not be a prob for me, I have thought about getting a Fan Card previously but logistics have intervened. However, I was 'forced' to attend Old Trafford as part of my Dad's birthday entourage so would quite like to visit Anfield.

And bighusref, I can just see John Barnes skinning a full back.... Back to the 80's....I think!

Archived