Clum to MK Dons?

babertonjambo

I do wish him the best but all I can say is

:byebye::byebye::Hearts Man dance::Hearts Man dance:

as for if this thread has been posted elswhere - no sign of the thread police that get wee stiffys when this happens - by coming on and posting the exact link to the previous one :)

all good

Frankenstein Jambo.

well that will be a relief to alot of people but i always thought he had potential

Commander Harris

he's not gone yet. all it says is that he's gone down south to enter into discussions with them.

Would be a good move for all concerned IMO.

Drylaw Hearts

What is it with Clum and being linked with Clubs where the Managers are rumoured to be..........

like someone else said - good luck to him.

tried his best, will never get the fans off his back.

he'll improve away from tynecastle IMO.

iamcraigbeattie

Oh please dont go Clum :peepwall:

In all honesty hes given his all but it wasnt good enough good luck Clum. :Hearts Man spotrun:

well that will be a relief to alot of people but i always thought he had potential

We all have potential.

Potentially I could be the next leader of the Conservative Party in Scotland or the first man from Gorgie to land on the moon. Both of these things could potentially happen if I work hard enough and take my chances. Elliot has no more potential than anyone else...he had his chance to work hard and he didn't take it; he had his chances in the first team and didn't take them.

He didn't score goals...ever. He never delivered a killer pass...ever. He didn't knock around defenders...ever. He couldn't fulfill his "potential". Alongside that he had a terrible attitude and was in the papers far too often for all the wrong reasons.

So long...good riddance.

We just need a new start. i know it got ridiculously personal with the kid and I feel so sorry for him.

We did put all Hearts woes on his shoulders

bon voyage!

stirlingshirejambo

Sorry but he brought it on himself.

His petulance on the pitch matched by his inflated ego off the pitch would endear him to no fan.

He must show something in training to endear him to mangers of Hearts and Scotland u21 but I have never seen him reproduce it reguarly in a first team jersey. If he succeeds elsewhere congratulation to him.

He had many more chances than a lot of players at the club.

I will remember him for his huffs,arm waving, diving, blame everyone but me attitude, silly yellow and red cards far more than his few goals.

babertonjambo

He hasn't really helped himself though with his attitude. The game against Killie at Tynie last season when he got sent off sums him up for me. He dropped his team right into the brown stuff in what was a very important game and a lot of fans turned on him even more!

I forecast a year worth of "elliot scores" etc etc on Saturdays now

He clearly does have the potential and needs to get out of hearts

Quite interesting to see a club like that interested in him as you cant imagine di matteo being up on the SPL

If its a permanent deal we may even get a couple of hundred k out of them

Never have I heard a hearts player who came thru the youths get so much abuse.

Hope he goes on to become a decent player.

Frankenstein Jambo.
We all have potential.

Potentially I could be the next leader of the Conservative Party in Scotland or the first man from Gorgie to land on the moon. Both of these things could potentially happen if I work hard enough and take my chances. Elliot has no more potential than anyone else...he had his chance to work hard and he didn't take it; he had his chances in the first team and didn't take them.

He didn't score goals...ever. He never delivered a killer pass...ever. He didn't knock around defenders...ever. He couldn't fulfill his "potential". Alongside that he had a terrible attitude and was in the papers far too often for all the wrong reasons.

So long...good riddance.

Well he must have been doing something right to break into the first team at Hearts and into the under 21's of scotland. I think its more along the lines of bad management for a young talent.

Drylaw Hearts
Well he must have been doing something right to break into the first team at Hearts and into the under 21's of scotland. I think its more along the lines of bad management for a young talent.

I agree.

He did ok under Burley and Rix but the move to 'Well did him no favours and he hasn't ever recovered from that.

I'd say it was a mixture of a young guy struggling to get a grip of being a professional footballer coupled with the fact that he hasnt had strong management for 2 years which has let this sad tale develop.

If anyone can get the Elliot that Rix teased out they'll have a pretty good player on their books

It's all a bit of a sad end to a very unpleasant and vicious story....

He's better off away from here and I hope he scores a ton of goals to prove all those booing & hissing idiots wrong. Just not against us, obviously.

more communication from the club! :confused:

Yeah

Interesting they didnt communicate to us on Screpis though....

Yeah

Interesting they didnt communicate to us on Screpis though....

Damage control.

It seems that the new pr charge has decided to come clean on news that will appease fans and ignore anything else. Which is good as long as all the news is good.....

As for MK Dons, would be a good move for Eliot IMO, completely new surroundings, they would simply see a Scottish Under 21 Internationalist that has came from one of Scotland's top three clubs. As clean a slate as he is ever gonna get.

Quite interesting to see a club like that interested in him as you cant imagine di matteo being up on the SPL

Completely agree with both of these posts.

Elliot has shown in flashes what he is capable of but I think he is a victim of unreasonable expectations after his form under Rix and poor coaching/man-management by the club after Rix left.

The abuse dished out to Elliot has been embarassing at times. I hope he goes on to do well.

more communication from the club! :confused:

Who needs Charlie Mann when you got a Web Site, Goodbye Clum.:av-1001:

ToadKiller Dog

Why is Elliott leaving a sad tale ,he has not died caught a lie threatning illness ,he is likely to get a move and still on a decent wage and in a job most of us would kill for.

Some people are being a bit over dramatic his boos were no worse than a lot of other Hearts players were given last season (the booing of just the lithuanian when the team sheet was read out was far more pathetic).

Personally thought he was a decent but not outstanding prospect but it clear his attitude at times was not the best but he will grow up ,its been clear for a very long time hearts was not the best place for him to develop ,the you tube video turned him into a comic figure which i think took any last chance he had of winning back the fans ,and to be fair to him there has been no real respectful figure in the club who could give him a kick up the backside be that at manager or a player and i think Frail inexperiance over protected him.

He is big enough and ugly enough that if he buckles down he will have a decent career where ever he ends up ,and in that i wish him all the best.

NO, he clearly does'nt have the potential!!! :rolleyes:

If it's a loan move for Calum, it's good to see the club following my advice of a couple of months ago, when I suggested a loan move to a Championship/ League One club would be best for the player!

It will give Elliot a clean slate to try and re-find the player we saw in 2005/6 when he was our starting striker in all 3 of the 4 goal victories over Hibs and gave an outstanding performance versus Celtic on New years day. If it is a loan move and things work out, Hearts will either be able to recoup a decent transfer fee or have a re-invigorated player who still has the potential IMHO to make an impact in our first team.

Drylaw Hearts

Just a thought........

I wonder if it was Rix who recommended Elliot to Di Matteo ?

IIRC, Rix was coach at Chelsea when Di Matteo played there and Elliot had his best spell at Hearts under Rix.

Gigolo-Aunt
Just a thought........

I wonder if it was Rix who recommended Elliot to Di Matteo ?

IIRC, Rix was coach at Chelsea when Di Matteo played there and Elliot had his best spell at Hearts under Rix.

Not a bad shout.

Drylaw Hearts
Not a bad shout.

I can't think of any other link or reason why Di Matteo would want Elliot.

I don't think he'll have seen too many SPL matches !!

Rick Grimes
So long and thanks for all the fish!

more like just, So long and thanks.

I'm just hoping it is a straight transfer and not a loan deal, and we never see that headless-chicken in a Hearts top again.

Really? You honestly believe that? That's amazing. Being the "best" or "hardest working" in training means nothing in real terms...there are plenty of guys who don't cut the mustard in training but who set the field alight when they play; as for being selected for Scotland at Under 21 level well the only thing I can think of that is less impressive or significant than that is being selected for Scotland at full international level. He wasn't badly managed...he was, and remains, honking.

I wish the young Mr Elliot all the best for te future. No player deserves the stick he has received from their home support. No-one could critise his effort and commitment. There may be varying opinions on his ability and potential. Mine is that he will improve with support from management and supporters, particularly if he's played his his preferred midfield role.

Good Luck Callum, stick in, hopefully one day see you in a full Scotland jersey.

maroonlegions

"As a Scotland U21 international, Calum will be a valuable addition to another club :eek:and we will do what we can to create opportunties for him to develop his career.":rolleyes:

do wish him all the best but cannae see it never a SPL player.:cool:

How funny would it be if we could actually pick up some wonga for the greetin-faced, petulant wee tube ?

maroonlegions
How funny would it be if we could actually pick up some wonga for the greetin-faced, petulant wee tube ?

greetin faced wee tube:107years:, aye many memories of him in games either sitting on his sun dont shine or running after the ref greeting like a wee bairn :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey

he was one that the instability affected the most! he looked decent player when burley and rix were in charge, loan to motherwell didn't work out for him either and some of the stick he took was below the belt

hearts_crazy

I have been one of his fiercest critics over the last season.

I would say however that it's not really his fault he kept getting picked when he was clearly utterly mince.

If he does go and does well (which I very much doubt) then good luck to him, I don't want to see him back here though.

As I said earlier I fully expect once he gets a proper coach to develop him and some support he will be a player

Elliot is still only 21, the potential is clearly there and has been recognised by some very good calibre players and coaches( Elvis, Brewster, several u21 manager, several hearts managers)

I have no doubt when someone who knows what they are doing brings him on he will become a very good creative/team striker - he wont be a 20 goal a season man ever though

Frankly the treatment he has had off our fans is disgusting, its ok to criticise or have the odd go on forums etc but it has went far beyond that to the stage he is continously booed and also abused in his private time

Archived