Lothar in the Metro

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Cant see it mentioned anywhere.

But was surprised to read in the Metro today, that Lother has had a go at Csaba, saying he is not qualified for the Hearts job etc etc.

Is this a new rant, or a rehash of his old one?

Are the Metro based in Peebles and have finally caught onto this, or is Lothar mouthing off AGAIN!

Buffalo Bill

He might have won the World Cup but it sounds to me as if he's jealous.

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts
Cant see it mentioned anywhere.

But was surprised to read in the Metro today, that Lother has had a go at Csaba, saying he is not qualified for the Hearts job etc etc.

Is this a new rant, or a rehash of his old one?

Are the Metro based in Peebles and have finally caught onto this, or is Lothar mouthing off AGAIN!

There's also a wee bit in The Daily Star saying the same thing.

It's probably a rehash tbh.

Dr. Bapswent

Buffalo Bill

Thats exactly what it sounds like.

Just cant believe he is still going on about it.

He's like McGhee..:P

Hagar the Horrible

He is mouthing off again, but i did read this somewhere last week, but i dont think it was picked up.

Mind you he has a point, Csaba would make a good #2 and i still would have prefered him instead of Csaba but how much did he push for the hearts job and was he only touting himself in the shop window in any rate?:wacko:

Chad Sexington

Same stuff that was in the papers last week.

Just a total re-hash of LM's rant.

But like the Murphys, he's not bitter.

:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

Buffalo Bill

Or maybe he's genuinely amazed by the appointment.

Not a dig at you just happen to reply to your post, but there seems to have be an awful desire over the past couple of years that as soon as someone says something that isn't what we want to hear, there's a rush on JKB to discredit that person, when the reality is we've no idea if he's right or wrong or jealous or whatever.

Csaba has talked the talk so far. Whether he can walk the walk remains to be seen. It might turn out that Matheaus is correct in his assesment and is right to be surprised by the appointment.

Buffalo Bill

He's like McGhee..:P

But doesn't Mcghee sound like a man pained with regret?

Why does he keep talking about us in the press?

Big Mark Knew (he should've taken the job).

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent

Not a dig at you, but there seems to have be an awful desire over the past couple of years that as soon as someone says something that isn't what we want to hear, there's a rush to discredit that person, when the reality is we've no idea if he's right or wrong or jealous or whatever.

Csaba has talked the talk so far. Whether he can walk the walk remains to be seen.

Yes,

Id hate to think LM had a point, and that Csaba is not able to cut it.

Cant really see why LM would go on about this otherwise - also surprised he'd be jealous about the Hearts job!?!

Would loved to have seen LM with Csaba as number 2!

But I hope its just sour grapes from LM and Csaba shows him up for it.

Buffalo Bill

Not a dig at you just happen to reply to your post, but there seems to have be an awful desire over the past couple of years that as soon as someone says something that isn't what we want to hear, there's a rush on JKB to discredit that person, when the reality is we've no idea if he's right or wrong or jealous or whatever.

Csaba has talked the talk so far. Whether he can walk the walk remains to be seen. It might turn out that Matheaus is correct in his assesment and is right to be surprised by the appointment.

But by making those remarks against 'one of us', he's allowed himself to become fair game.

I can't prove that Lothar is green with envy.

But can he prove that Csaba ain't worthy?

Buffalo Bill

Dr. Bapswent
But doesn't Mcghee sound like a man pained with regret?

Why does he keep talking about us in the press?

Big Mark Knew (he should've taken the job).

Buffalo Bill

Yeah, maybe.

Would you rather have McGhee or Csaba?

I definitely think a little bit of MM regrets not stepping up. A regret that will hammer home if he gets overlooked for the Celtic job and if Motherwell dont perform this season.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes,

Id hate to think LM had a point, and that Csaba is not able to cut it.

Cant really see why LM would go on about this otherwise - also surprised he'd be jealous about the Hearts job!?!

Would loved to have seen LM with Csaba as number 2!

But I hope its just sour grapes from LM and Csaba shows him up for it.

It's a strange one to me. Looking at whem LM says, it does reek of jealousy. But I can't believe LM is jealous of someone getting the Hearts job, so something doesn't quite add up.

Maybe they had a falling out after Hungary/Ferencvaros and this is LM getting his own back by undermining Csaba's big break. LM certainly has a reputation for holding grudges like that.

Time will tell. The more I hear Csaba talk though, the less I care what anyone else thinks. So long as he is capable of doing what he says he's going to do, I think we'll see steady improvement at HMFC over the next few months.

Bert Le Clos

I don't think Csaba would have taken the job as No. 2.

Do LM and Csaba have any connections or are people just talking about them together as a "dream team"?

Guest JamboRobbo
But by making those remarks against 'one of us', he's allowed himself to become fair game.

I can't prove that Lothar is green with envy.

But can he prove that Csaba ain't worthy?

Buffalo Bill

Agree mate. Just think we should look at things with an open mind, rather than assuming that anyone who says a bad word about HMFC is out to get us, which I think has been prevalent for a few years (to the detriment of HMFC and the sanity of our fans).

Buffalo Bill
Yeah, maybe.

I definitely think a little bit of MM regrets not stepping up. A regret that will hammer home if he gets overlooked for the Celtic job and if Motherwell dont perform this season.

Well I really did want McGhee to be our manager, but I'm happy with Csaba and all he has said/implemented so far.

Looking forward to seeing what Csaba does so I'd stick with him but given a straight choice back in May for either then I'd have picked McGhee.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
Agree mate. Just think we should look at things with an open mind, rather than assuming that anyone who says a bad word about HMFC is out to get us, which I think has been prevalent for a few years (to the detriment of HMFC and the sanity of our fans).

Indeed, though unless I'm shown otherwise, I think these comments say way more about Lothar than they do about Csaba.

There's nowt worse than a German with a grudge.

Buffalo Bill

Hagar the Horrible
Yeah, maybe.

MM is full of regrets and IF Murderwell suffer second season syndrome as expected, and Strappon quits as he is a quitter as expected, I can see MM not being thellik minded enough to satisfy those so narrow minded enough and wont admit that thellik minded = 1 bhrain thell, membership of shin-fhein, Oirish Rhepubican, bheloning to an outdated religious cult and smelly.

I can only see Pope Bhenedict xxvx1v getting the gig to satisfy those stated above and MM left feeling a little bit silly.

being realistic the next Thellik manager will be Roy Keane but who will ours be?????

being realistic the next Thellik manager will be Roy Keane but who will ours be?????

Keane isn't that stupid. I think he see's his career in one place only and that is the English top division. Celtics carrot they dangle of champions league football won't be enough for him. He wants the big job.

And Matheus is a twunt.

Guest JamboRobbo
Indeed, though unless I'm shown otherwise, I think these comments say way more about Lothar than they do about Csaba.

There's nowt worse than a German with a grudge.

Buffalo Bill

I just reckon he gave his opinion (albiet controversial) , and if he is right, it'd put a question mark over Csaba and HMFC. But only time will tell. And so far, Csaba words and actions appear to be proving LM wrong IMO.

Hagar the Horrible

Who is not worried the LM comments are quite possibly true, even if his sounding off is not just out of spite?

My heart would normally be in optimistic mood when a new season and new manager normally equates to new hope, but my head is ruling this time and i am only hoping for some small possitive step in the right direction, but fully expecting the worst. Until results and performances do the talking then we are still in a dark period and Vlad can always find new ways to quell hope:mad:

The way I see it from Mattheus' comments we can take 1 thing.

Lothar does not like Csaba for some reason or another.

If he did not rate Csaba but didn't like or dislike Csaba, he would say something diplomatic like "It's a tough job but good luck to him". Comments like this were made about Rix when we hired him.

Because he has came out in this manner we can only presume that Lothar doesn't actually like him and has fell out with Csaba. This means we can't actually take his comments as they are because we don't know what motives are behind them.

Chad Sexington
Who is not worried the LM comments are quite possibly true, even if his sounding off is not just out of spite?

My heart would normally be in optimistic mood when a new season and new manager normally equates to new hope, but my head is ruling this time and i am only hoping for some small possitive step in the right direction, but fully expecting the worst. Until results and performances do the talking then we are still in a dark period and Vlad can always find new ways to quell hope:mad:

I couldn't care less what some rent-a-quote kraut says in the papers.

I'll judge Csaba on his actions and nothing else.

So far, I'm more than happy with the way he's going about his business.

Csaba definitely appears to be saying the right things. Hose Cotongo was also in the papers over the weekend concerned at our managerial appointment. Only time will tell..........

Dr. Bapswent
Keane isn't that stupid. I think he see's his career in one place only and that is the English top division. Celtics carrot they dangle of champions league football won't be enough for him. He wants the big job.

And Matheus is a twunt.

Not sure about that.

I think the sectarian 'honour' of managering the team that they all 'supported' as a lad is a big draw to them, Christ knows why! (get it)..

I think there are many who would take it, simply because they think it 'says something about them...they are performing some moral duty, and showing how 'good' they are'.

Drylaw Hearts
I couldn't care less what some rent-a-quote kraut says in the papers.

I'll judge Csaba on his actions and nothing else.

So far, I'm more than happy with the way he's going about his business.

Agreed.

Hagar the Horrible

And Matheus is a twunt.

What you are saying is very true but Keane is that stupid and will take the gig but only if MU go for a foreigner instead of Keane? then i do believe he will be at celtic, as the Glazers will want a bigger name.

Csaba definitely appears to be saying the right things. Hose Cotongo was also in the papers over the weekend concerned at our managerial appointment. Only time will tell..........

And if you read Hose Cotongo (sic) properly he didn't say anything actually based on fact or personal experience.

Come back and ask me at Christmas if the new manager is any good.

Not sure about that.

I think the sectarian 'honour' of managering the team that they all 'supported' as a lad is a big draw to them, Christ knows why! (get it)..

I think there are many who would take it, simply because they think it 'says something about them...they are performing some moral duty, and showing how 'good' they are'.

If you read up about Keane apparently he supported Spurs at school. His main reason being that everyone else supported Man Utd, Liverpool, Celtic etc.

He is an awkward sod and always will be. He had his romantic few months at Celtic and probably bought a very nice holiday home on the profits. Now he is concentrating on his career.

Dr. Bapswent
If you read up about Keane apparently he supported Spurs at school. His main reason being that everyone else supported Man Utd, Liverpool, Celtic etc.

He is an awkward sod and always will be. He had his romantic few months at Celtic and probably bought a very nice holiday home on the profits. Now he is concentrating on his career.

Im sure i read somewhere that he had supported them as a child, around the time he got a contract with them...uncanny.....;)

I do wonder about this

What about this though. Its not a dig at Csaba particularly, but possibly a dig at Romanov.

Twice LMs CV has alledgedly been forward for the role. It is entirely plausible that on either or both occasions Hearts didnt deal with the application professionally, or as professionally as they might have, or that messed LM around a bit.

So he's just doing a long distance verbal equivalent of a chest pump to the Sellick fans

OR he hates Csaba

OR he is right

OR it is just his genuine opinion but it doesnt turn out to be right

How can any manager tell whether a former assistant to him can cut it as a head coach? Csaba would only have been LMs lackey, working under LMs regime doing generally lackey things.

Maybe LM, on occasion asked Csaba for his thoughts and opinions and they were, in LMs mind, lacking.

I dont think we can write off LMs comments as bitterness. But even if he genuinely thinks what he says, Csaba can still prove him wrong, and he certainly seems to be doing a pretty damn good impression of a proper manager so far

Better than anyone else in the last 30 months anyway

Buffalo Bill
He had his romantic few months at Celtic .

He certainly got rogered at Tynecastle.

Buffalo Bill

Bert Le Clos

Any news on Csaba bringing any coaching staff in?

Obviously the Ugandan assistant has been linked but with Frail gone that only leaves the 2 fitness coaches and Banks as player/GK coach.

Denny Crane
It's a strange one to me. Looking at whem LM says, it does reek of jealousy. But I can't believe LM is jealous of someone getting the Hearts job, so something doesn't quite add up.

Maybe they had a falling out after Hungary/Ferencvaros and this is LM getting his own back by undermining Csaba's big break. LM certainly has a reputation for holding grudges like that.

Time will tell. The more I hear Csaba talk though, the less I care what anyone else thinks. So long as he is capable of doing what he says he's going to do, I think we'll see steady improvement at HMFC over the next few months.

Given he's been touting himself to Vlad for the past 18 months, I think he's more upset at Hearts snubbing the (ahem) great Lothar by appointing his former underling.

In which case he should wait until a record has been established before commenting.

Jose Quitongo is worse - the NoW dug him up from somehwere to ask his comments, despite him being away for many years now, and only ever with us for a short time. Jose also says it is a crazy appointment, but fist says he knows nothign about the guy and has never heard of him - so how can you judge someone yo do not know, or have even heard of?

Drylaw Hearts
In which case he should wait until a record has been established before commenting.

Jose Quitongo is worse - the NoW dug him up from somehwere to ask his comments, despite him being away for many years now, and only ever with us for a short time. Jose also says it is a crazy appointment, but fist says he knows nothign about the guy and has never heard of him - so how can you judge someone yo do not know, or have even heard of?

I asked something similar about our new signing.

Guest JamboRobbo

LM has worked with Csaba. Seems he's in a position to give an opinion if he so desires.

Chad Sexington

Don't forget, Csaba has already demonstrated he is a competent coach to the Hearts fans.

By bringing a team to Edinburgh and pumping us.

LM has worked with Csaba. Seems he's in a position to give an opinion if he so desires.

More than Quitongo, I grant you that, but he should still wait until he has established a record in his own right in the UK. He seems to have done OK previously, based on what little I know, but I am not judging him yet - I know nowhere near enough - he talks a good game, but so did Angel last pre-season, so I will not judge on that alone. So far I like what I see, but the competive results and performances is what he should be judged on.

It seems the press are digging up anyone they can find to comment, even though most, like JQ, do not actually know much about him - but see fit to slate him.

Some have said his exeprience is next to nil, but he has managed at a higher level than Crauf Levein, John Robertson and even Jim Jefferies had when they were appointed - no one complained then. They are only complaining now because he is not Scottish and it is Hearts.

Don't forget, Csaba has already demonstrated he is a competent coach to the Hearts fans.

By bringing a team to Edinburgh and pumping us.

True, and at the time our manager was the man many folk said should have got the job now.

If it isn't just a rehash, it does seem a bit strange that Matthaus has felt the need to give the exact same opinion twice. Don't really think that you could say that someone with his pedigree (albeit as a player rather than a manager) could really be said to be "jealous" at not missing out on the Hearts job, though. Probably just a case of him being asked the same question twice by a media who need something - anything - to write about.

Ultimately, I think that we're all aware that appointing Csaba's a gamble - what Matthaus has said about him has done nothing to sway my thoughts one way or the other. It's a gamble, we just need to wait and see.

Guest JamboRobbo
More than Quitongo, I grant you that, but he should still wait until he has established a record in his own right in the UK. He seems to have done OK previosuly, based on waht little I know, but I am not judging him yet - I know nowehre near enough - he talks a good game, bus so did Angel last pre-season, so I will not judge on that alone. So far I like what I see, but the competive results and performances is what he should be judged on.

agreed.

It seems the press are digging up anyone they can find to comment, even though most, like JQ, do not actually know much about him - but see fit to slate him.

Some have said his exeprience is next to nil, but he has managed at a higher level than Crauf Levein, John Robertson and even Jim Jefferies had when they were appointed - no one complained then. They are only complaining now because he is not Scottish and it is Hearts.

Aye, it's all the racists monkey Hearts haters that are the problem. ;)

agreed.

Aye, it's all the racists monkey Hearts haters that are the problem. ;)

To a degree it is, I will harp back to the Miko cheat incident - he was slated for it, and rightly so, but Gary O'Connor wasn't, and indeed, Joe Jordan cheated in a big match, albeit in a different manner, and he is seen as a hero.

Guest JamboRobbo
To a degree it is, I will harp back to the Miko cheat incident - he was slated for it, and rightly so, but Gary O'Connor wasn't, and indeed, Joe Jordan cheated in a big match, albeit in a different manner, and he is seen as a hero.

We should feed them bananas. That'll sort them out. :P

ToadKiller Dog

I woulnt read to much into what loather is saying ,so far Csaba seems confident in himself and what he has to do.

I am sure with the high powered memory some of us kickbackers have if in 6 months time thinks aint looking to good ,somebody (,i know who i would put my money on)will pull out the LM comments in a i told you so/we were warned thread.

,i advise to wait until then .

We should feed them bananas. That'll sort them out. :P

That would be degrading to monkeys, who are a much higher class than journalists are.

LM is nothing better than a number 2...what has he done in management?

he could have kept they thoughts to himself and said good luck to csba and I hope he does well....but instead wanted to bring CL down in the public domain....why? to steal his thunder thats why...sour grapes and the press love it...**** LM and **** the press.

Hagar the Horrible
I woulnt read to much into what loather is saying ,so far Csaba seems confident in himself and what he has to do.

I am sure with the high powered memory some of us kickbackers have if in 6 months time thinks aint looking to good ,somebody (,i know who i would put my money on)will pull out the LM comments in a i told you so/we were warned thread.

,i advise to wait until then .

We will have that answer by 16:50pm on August 9th?

I for one will give him a chance but it will be a very short honeymoon period It will be until the transfer window shuts as after 2.5 years waiting for a manager, he better hit the ground running.:(

Archived