Basso (merged threads)

marshallschunkychicken

marshallschunkychicken

Anyone know who he was boxing with, hence he is not going to Germany?

According to Talk107 this morning anyway...

"Meanwhile one player who's not travelled to Germany is Anthony Basso.

talk107 can reveal the keeper is the first player to have fallen foul of strict new discipline regulations put in place by Csaba Laszlo."

Not sure if he's been boxing with anyone.

The Wicker Man

Apparently someone 'in the know' sent a text to Talk 107 - basically saying Basso was fighting with another player.

marshallschunkychicken
Apparently someone 'in the know' sent a text to Talk 107 - basically saying Basso was fighting with another player.

Yup. That's what I was asking - anyone know who he was fighting with?

Strangely enough, I can't think of any standout suspects.

200milesfromgorgie

Basso fighting? bet his arms were waving about like an epileptic chimp!

Any chance of copy & pasting the article here? site is blocked at work for many.

Cheers

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo has made his first signing after the club agreed a deal with Uganda international David Obua.

Laszlo worked with the left-sided player in his spell as manager of the African nation, who Obua has represented 22 times.

The club announced that the 24-year-old's signing was subject to a medical and a work permit.

Obua, who was linked with West Ham earlier this month, arrived in Edinburgh on Friday and has already begun training with his new team-mates.

The player, who plays left-back or in midfield, joins from South African side Kaizer Chiefs, who he moved to following a three-year spell in the US.

Laszlo could soon have another familiar face joining him in Gorgie as Hearts bid to install Uganda coach Jackson Mayanja as assistant manager.

Former Uganda player Mayanja said: "I have had several phone calls from Hearts FC officials but I'm not allowed to comment further.

"I don't want to confirm the move yet but I can assure you that I'm ready for the challenge."

Meanwhile one player who's not travelled to Germany is Anthony Basso.

talk107 can reveal the keeper is the first player to have fallen foul of strict new discipline regulations put in place by Csaba Laszlo

Vlad?

Its a pre-season thing

Vlad suggests some shadow boxing. Vlad pings a left hook in. Player never plays for club again

Maybe this time Basso pinged him back? :eek:

Hagar the Horrible

2 good points in this article.

At least we might have players willing to put a shift in, but i am not sure about getting another untried nobody in as an assistant, Rock the Cashbar should get at least an assistant with some experience of the Scottish game? a McGlynn etc rather than somebody who has coached at a level below work based-5-a-sides.

Three weeks to go, and already I cant wait for the season to...........end:o

Hmmm the first player to fall foul of the new guidelines is a 'contract rebel' ...

It wouldnt be beyond the club to try and smear the reputation of a player to cover up him being ditched at the instance of Romanov.

However, I thought we were long past the club pretending there were genuine reasons for players being emptied.

i am not sure about getting another untried nobody in as an assistant, Rock the Cashbar should get at least an assistant with some experience of the Scottish game?

Its crucial Csaba gets HIS choice as assistant, no matter where his experience is.

I do agree though that I'd much rather see a "Robbo" as part of the coaching structure somewhere.

Say instead of that nonce Cervenkov

Ogi fae Gorgie
Hmmm the first player to fall foul of the new guidelines is a 'contract rebel' ...

Yeah and crap goalie.

Anyone know who he was boxing with, hence he is not going to Germany?

According to Talk107 this morning anyway...

John Armstrong

I hope it was Nade

Hopefully the lazy sack of excrimetn got a royal doing!

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo has made his first signing after the club agreed a deal with Uganda international David Obua.

Laszlo worked with the left-sided player in his spell as manager of the African nation, who Obua has represented 22 times.

The club announced that the 24-year-old's signing was subject to a medical and a work permit.

Obua, who was linked with West Ham earlier this month, arrived in Edinburgh on Friday and has already begun training with his new team-mates.

The player, who plays left-back or in midfield, joins from South African side Kaizer Chiefs, who he moved to following a three-year spell in the US.

Laszlo could soon have another familiar face joining him in Gorgie as Hearts bid to install Uganda coach Jackson Mayanja as assistant manager.

Former Uganda player Mayanja said: "I have had several phone calls from Hearts FC officials but I'm not allowed to comment further.

"I don't want to confirm the move yet but I can assure you that I'm ready for the challenge."

Meanwhile one player who's not travelled to Germany is Anthony Basso.

talk107 can reveal the keeper is the first player to have fallen foul of strict new discipline regulations put in place by Csaba Laszlo

I'm not asking for this new player to be world class. All I want is for him to work so hard and earn his wage

marshallschunkychicken

I thought that myself.

It's sad that the situation has been created that this is an assumption that is made, with very little or no foundation.

Francis Albert
It wouldnt be beyond the club to try and smear the reputation of a player to cover up him being ditched at the instance of Romanov.

Nor of course beyond JKB to smear a new manager before he has had a chance ....

Guest JamboRobbo

Nor beyond JKB to give a manager too many chances. e.g. all those who attempted to justify the ridiculous re-instatement of Malofeev last year.

Totally agree.

So if you see anyone smearing Csaba as manager point him out to me and I'll get him for you

Grrrr

:)

Hearts of Vladland

Nade, he was try to see Csaba and Nade was in his way.

Archived