Pat Cregg

GlasgowJambo

GlasgowJambo

Saw his guy run the midfield at Tynecastle v Falkirk, absolutely different class. He's only about 23 i think too, this is the kind of guy i'd love to see at Hearts.

Also (and waiting to be shot down here).... Steve Lovell???

Falkirk have a few decent players right now, not sure about Cregg mind, Scott Arfield, Darren Barr, Thomas Scobie are another three that spring to mind. As for Lovell, didn't Aberdeen try and punt him in the January transfer window? There's also a rumour going about that Hibs are interested in him.

Cregg had a poor season last season compared to other seasons with Falkirk..Pretty sure Falkirk only gave him a 1 year contract because of this.

There must be other players apart from Falkirk players that could do a job for us.:)

Lovell was freed by Aberdeen at the end of the season. Don't think he would improve the squad. Would love to see us going for Arfield and Barr but Arfield's been linked to Chelsea and Man U recently.

If we sign any more midfielders they will need a seperate team bus for the rest of the squad to travel on

If we sign any more midfielders they will need a seperate team bus for the rest of the squad to travel on

We need some aggressive midfielders.

Cregg has always seemed a bit like Scrappy Doo to me!

He fits in well to that hardworking Falkirk midfield. Aggressive player who passes the ball sensibly.

I admit to not having saw Cregg much but quite often on here many get excited about opposition players because they came to Tynie and had a good game.

We have plenty midfielders at the club but we could ship one for a Hartley-Cameron type.

We`ve got too many mids who are good at keeping possession but don`t actually produce penetration when it matters or something telling.

Guest jambomickey
I admit to not having saw Cregg much but quite often on here many get excited about opposition players because they came to Tynie and had a good game.

We have plenty midfielders at the club but we could ship one for a Hartley-Cameron type.

We`ve got too many mids who are good at keeping possession but don`t actually produce penetration when it matters or something telling.

kingston, jonsson and palazuelos looks a decent 3 in the middle if we had a colin cameron/paul hartley type to complete the diamond

kingston, jonsson and palazuelos looks a decent 3 in the middle if we had a colin cameron/paul hartley type to complete the diamond

I would agree with that. You`d have a whole midfield comfortable in possession, Jonsson would be the more aggressive out of them all but Pala works hard to get back on the defensive side of things too.

Wouldn't have Scobbie anywhere near the team.

He's the bar steward who almost finished Beslija's career with a horrific tackle in a reserve game. We need hard, skillful players - not thugs :mad:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Wouldn't have Scobbie anywhere near the team.

He's the bar steward who almost finished Beslija's career with a horrific tackle in a reserve game. We need hard, skillful players - not thugs :mad:

I was at that reserve game. It was a shocker of a tackle.

Archived