Post gig tinnitus

Tazio

Just back from seeing a pop combo doing a recital of their tunes. And I am now sitting in the living room with no telly or music on just enjoying the muffled whistlie sound you get lingering after a good loud concert.

Can't be good for you but reminds me of being a youngster and walking out the Playhouse through the fire exits with hundreds of peoples voices merging into a muffled sound.

Sheriff Fatman

The worst I had was in 96 after working at the Phoenix Festival. We ran out of ear plugs for the last band (I think it was Reef), and I was standing right in front of the bank of speakers. I couldn't hear anything for a good 12 hours.

Par for the course for me now. Used to be only really loud gigs that inflicted said ringing. Too many years of aural abuse (check the spelling dudes).

Just back from seeing a pop combo doing a recital of their tunes. And I am now sitting in the living room with no telly or music on just enjoying the muffled whistlie sound you get lingering after a good loud concert.

Can't be good for you but reminds me of being a youngster and walking out the Playhouse through the fire exits with hundreds of peoples voices merging into a muffled sound.

Sounds like you were out seeing the cheeky girls Taz... surely not.

I used to get it alot when I was Dj'n or going to parties with fecked speakers....

nothing you can do to stop it once you have it all you can do is wear ear plugs to prevent it but their for birds.

Bindy Badgy

The cheepo ear plugs you can buy in boots don't really work. They muffle all of the high sounds so they're useless if you want to listen to the band. I tend to use them for crap support acts that I can't stand:p

I find cotton wool works pretty well if you want to listen to the band.

200milesfromgorgie

HAHAHAHA. welcome to my world! after 15 years of gigging, Playing and observing, my ears are proper knacked. Not been so bad of late as i've only been to jazz gigs and not been rocking out. But whilst exprimenting yesterday afternoon with my amp i've overloaded a socket and was greated with a massive BANG!:eek:

this morning i cant hear in my left ear. i am a little worried.

Anyhoo back to your point about telly and talking and muffled whistlie sound. Did you know that NEVER goes away? no? your ear just adjust to it so it seems like its not there. But then you go rock out to the Top or the Quo and it soons come back. Each time geting a little worse.

If its regular thing this head banging fad, then get some ear plugs. Decent ones mind. not those foam ones for working with machines etc.

I would recomend some but i am still looking myself cant seem to find any that a - fit b- feel comfy!

P.S the frequency of the T.Vs whistle/rining sound gets to me so much nowadays i can hardly watch it.

I P Knightley

I've always had that since first gigs as a teenager.

I reckon my ears are more sensitive than others as my ringing seems to last at least 24 hours.

And I cannae go the waltzers without spewing.

Sounds like you were out seeing the cheeky girls Taz... surely not.

Almost the Cheeky Girls.

The Butthole Surfers.

Better watch admiting to a hibbie gig you will get sine died mate:p:p

200milesfromgorgie
Almost the Cheeky Girls.

The Butthole Surfers.

FECK!!!! i dint know they where touring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhhhhhh::ahhhhhhh:

Chad Sexington

You're surely too old for all that carry on now Taz.

Be careful, or you'll end up with a pair of these...

EarHorn.jpg

Archived