Makela scores again

12XU

You will get the usual not good enough/finnish league is poor quality etc etc.

but the scottish leagues aren't of a great standard either (all though no doubt better) regardless he obviously still knows how to find the back of the net and isn't afraid to have a shot. Surely better than some of the dross we have had to put up with. I think he deserves a proper run.

Doctor FinnBarr
You will get the usual not good enough/finnish league is poor quality etc etc.

but the scottish leagues aren't of a great standard either (all though no doubt better) regardless he obviously still knows how to find the back of the net and isn't afraid to have a shot. Surely better than some of the dross we have had to put up with. I think he deserves a proper run.

It's time he was given an extended run in the team, we're hardly bursting with talent up front!

:sad:

Johanes de Silentio

I honestly think that Makela deserves a run, which he's never had IMO.

Whoever does play up front, (hopefully with a strike partner) they need much better service than what's been offer in recent times.

When I say service, I mean in the box, rather than driving the ball in their general direction, leaving them 30 yards out with their backs to goal - that's not decent service IMO.

Velicka could get goals out of nothing sometimes, but can we not make it a wee bit easier for the strikers this time round?

Al.

P.S. I'd also guess that certain SPL teams would struggle in the Finnish league!

P.P.S. It's also possible that Vlad will try to cash in on Juho's fairly successful loan spell and get something for him now, rather than let him walk away for nowt next summer. If he is liked in Finland, then maybe a bid will be in the offing - just sayin'!

It's time he was given an extended run in the team, we're hardly bursting with talent up front!

:sad:

exactally, the few chances he has been given he has even managed to get a few goals. Surely time for him to be given the chance to prove himself. You don't have to be a great player to do well in the SPL, especially with our striker situation, as long as he was sticking them in the net we wouldn't complain.

$ilvery_Moon

We don't have a lot of options. Hopefully he'll get a chance to repay some of the money we spent on him.

GlasgowJambo

Would much rather have Velicka an day of the week. Absolutely gutted when he left, inconsolable to see him playing for that lot every week. I predict he'll do for them what Macdonald did for Celtic last season.

Makela has a very strange upward running style.... anyone noticed that??!

I'd agree with that, he does look very awkward when he is running. With his physique and running action I always think that he never really looks like an out and out striker but when I've seen him out wide he doesn't look particularly comfortable there either. I do agree with the earlier posts that he has been treated pretty shabbily in that he's never really had a run in the team. We paid a reasonable sum of money for him (?350k if I remember rightly) and we should either give him a chance or sell him. Still wish we had Velicka though...

how many threads i have had to type this on- makela is not a footballer

Okay , that is your opinion 1/ But how many at Tynecastle are ? 2/ And how many have had as few chances as Makela has had, ? Hearts are not exactly overloaded with STRIKERS, so the guy needs a good run of games to prove whether he has / hasn`t got it, as some others on this thread have pointed out he still scores goals , no matter which league they`re in a goal is a goal.

Jam Tarts 1874

Makela has not been given many chances in the first team because he is garbage. Watching him in the reserves was like watching a pantomime character, Csaba will find that out for himself in Germany.

Would much rather have Velicka an day of the week. Absolutely gutted when he left, inconsolable to see him playing for that lot every week. I predict he'll do for them what Macdonald did for Celtic last season.

Bit like the World 400m record holder, Michael Johnson...There are many ways to judge a player but I think running style is a weird one TBH...

If the plan is to play with 1 striker up front, then Makela would be a disaster.

However, if we bring in a player who can 1) hold the ball up 2) rough the defenders up 3) distribute the ball 4) win the ball in the air - and improve the quality of the midfield such that we get some crosses in from the bye line - then Makela would score goals for us in a striking partnership.

If the plan is to play with 1 striker up front, then Makela would be a disaster.

However, if we bring in a player who can 1) hold the ball up 2) rough the defenders up 3) distribute the ball 4) win the ball in the air - and improve the quality of the midfield such that we get some crosses in from the bye line - then Makela would score goals for us in a striking partnership.

Seconded

Guest jambomickey

makela deserves a chance at least! he's never been given 8 or 9 games in a row to prove himself

Billy the Jambo

Makela is not good enough we should get rid ASAP and sign a couple of strikers .If we go with Makela and Glen up front next season the other SPL defenders will be quaking in their boots NOT! and we would probably end up with lowest goals for total the SPL has ever seen

I agree he`s never really had a decent chance but from what we`ve saw his general game is iffy.

Yes, he can sniff out a chance and he looks a natural in the box but there are games where you don`t get it all plain sailing and you need to dig in and contribute in other ways. i don`t know if he`s capable of that but i think Gary Glen is.

I`d get a big strong centre to compliment Glen along with another striker to back them up.

Guest jambomickey
Makela is not good enough we should get rid ASAP and sign a couple of strikers .If we go with Makela and Glen up front next season the other SPL defenders will be quaking in their boots NOT! and we would probably end up with lowest goals for total the SPL has ever seen

there's no doubt we need to sign a couple of quality strikers! but makela at least deserves a chance

Interestingly Velicka eventually had a better goalscoring record here than he did in Lyga A

I think the season before he joined us he scored 8

Anyhow, Makela has never received a run of games to show us whether he can raise his game. Given our complete dearth of strikers he should be given a run

I hear what people say about the reserves, but I'd rather he got, say, 4 first team games on the trot to see whether he was garbage or whether that just sparked him into life.

I think Makela is one of the worst centre forwards I have seen at Hearts. But along with all players at the club he deserves the opportunity to have Csaba assess his skills or lack thereof.

I'm hopeful pre season should be long enough for Makela to show what he can't do.

Drylaw Hearts

Makela is a horrific footballer.

But I'm glad Csaba is taking the opportunity to find this out for himself.

The one thing he can do is run. Fast as feck, awkward-looking or not.

P.S. Inconsolable? Really?

Archived