germany squad changes

chis101

''In addition to the arrival of David Obua, Jason Thompson comes in for Johnathan Brown'' - hearts website.''

that gives us

Steve Banks, Jamie MacDonald, Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Christos Karipidis, Ruben Palazuelos, Saulius Mikoliunas, Larry Kingston, Andrew Driver, Christian Nade, Juho Makela, Deividas Cesnauskis, David Obua, Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson, Michael Stewart, Marius Zaliukas, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ryan McGowan, David Templeton, Matej Rapnik, Gary Glen, Jason Thompson, Steven Husband.

maybe a new look defence then with thompson and Obua as wing backs..

markletissier

i know it's not exactly essential to field many players of our nationality in this day and age but come on only 8 scots, poor show.

Salvatore's Tash

Jason going wasnt a squad change...was an error on the website in the first place!!

i know it's not exactly essential to field many players of our nationality in this day and age but come on only 8 scots, poor show.
The hobos aren't happy:)

Jason Thomson as a wing back :(

Please no

As unpopular as this will be he got a chance to prove himself at the end of the season against poor opposition and bottled it imo

Very average and certainly nowhere near being good enough to play week in week out in the upper end of the SPL

A poor mans robbie neilson, for me jonny brown despite being 2 years younger has shown more at reserve and u19 level already and we should be moving jason on

Salvatore's Tash

Please no

As unpopular as this will be he got a chance to prove himself at the end of the season against poor opposition and bottled it imo

Very average and certainly nowhere near being good enough to play week in week out in the upper end of the SPL

A poor mans robbie neilson, for me jonny brown despite being 2 years younger has shown more at reserve and u19 level already and we should be moving jason on

Pesh...could have been anyone playing at RB towards end of last season, wasnt his fault at the time the team was at its worst for a long time. Thomson played well in Ireland and deserves a shot.

alwaysthereinspirit

:dribble:

Pesh...could have been anyone playing at RB towards end of last season, wasnt his fault at the time the team was at its worst for a long time. Thomson played well in Ireland and deserves a shot.

The team overall was poor but he failed badly to anything of importance, he looked awquard and at 2 years older than jonny brown and sean kelly - who imo have both shown more potential - I think its time he is moved on.

If I was in charge I certainly would have Sean Kelly and Jonny Brown in the squad before him as they are far more likely to go onto become a very good right back

The team overall was poor but he failed badly to anything of importance, he looked awquard and at 2 years older than jonny brown and sean kelly - who imo have both shown more potential - I think its time he is moved on.

If I was in charge I certainly would have Sean Kelly and Jonny Brown in the squad before him as they are far more likely to go onto become a very good left back

That's great, but Jason Thomson probably sees his future playing at right back.

Cupar Jambo

Please no

I'm with you on this one Prancer, I hope he does well but looked well out his depth last year

Charlie-Brown
Has Brown picked up an injury?

No Brown played & had an okay game for the U19 team at Penicuik yesterday - Brown played left back whilst young Craig Thomson had a really good game at right back scoring twice.

Salvatore's Tash
Has Brown picked up an injury?

Brown was never going, was an error on website.

And trust me....he has more potential than Kelly and Brown put together. Ask Mcglynn, Frail, Robbo or Levein.

Charlie-Brown

Jason Thomson has a big season ahead and really needs to prove himself this season - I don't think he's any worse than Neilson - and a better football player although Neilson has more experience (a given since he's almost a decade older).

Sean Kelly and Johnny Brown now need to have good seasons in the reserves & U19's (Brown still eligible) and start forcing themselves into first team reckoning.

Neilson hopefully won't be anything more than squad cover.

Haven't seen Johnathan Brown myself.... Thought Jason thomson looked a fairly good prospect moving forward in support the couple of times I saw him but have to admit he did seem to make some pretty poor decisions (Headering the ball needlessly out for a corner when it was going out for a goal kick in two separate games stick out)

With the right coaching and a bit of confidence I do reckon he could be a better bet than Robbie...

Drylaw Hearts

Thomson looked no better or worse than Neilson imo.

He does however have time on his hands to develop into a better player.

I would rather we punted Neilson and signed a decent RB and let Thomson remain as back up.

Thomson looked no better or worse than Neilson imo.

He does however have time on his hands to develop into a better player.

I would rather we punted Neilson and signed a decent RB and let Thomson remain as back up.

I agree DH although i am judging him playing in a poor team with a poor manager. However he really didn't grab his chance at the end of last season IMO. Hopefully Csaba has seen something in him that can make him a player i would prefer we signed a right back though.

I hope he does make it but really dont rate Thompson, I' rather have Robbie tbh. Still think we need a new right and left back in addition to 2 good wingers, a creative midfielder who can score goals and about 4 strikers!

Jason Thomson has no chance of making it IMO. He should be at the same stage, or better than wallace was, when we brought him in. The boy has no vision, struggles for pace, and finds himself outclassed on most occasions. This is the type of player we should be moving on, he is another Callum Elliot I'm afraid.

Dirk Diggler

Neilson is yesterdays man.

Give Thomson a chance to show what he can do.

If he doesn't step up to the plate, We have a young player who is no worse that Neilson in the first team.

Neilson out. ;)

12 out of 24 to come through the academy. That's half the squad coming through the youth ranks. Not too shabby IMO.

the voice from above

for once i have to agree with prancer, IMO thompson should be moved on asap. akward is a v.good word for him...

as for wing backs? please don't ever play wing backs lazlo?!?!? please?!?!?!

robbie is still the best rb we have and JT will have to show me something pretty soon if i am to believe otherwise

Archived