strikers/stinkers

200milesfromgorgie

200milesfromgorgie

ok fingers crossed we've made our first signing of the summer.

now for the thorny issue of Hearts strikers. Who would you keep, who would you punt?

Clum - done deal? (hope so)

Nade - i think he will stay.

Makela - I have a feeling he could turn goo dfor us given the chance

Mole - mmmmm done nowt wrong but nowt special

Glen - Great stuff but too young

Robinson - as above but even younger.

Makela should stay and play along side a new guy. Glen, robinson keep them and get them learning from a new guy who can show them a thing or 2.

nade, dinners ready.

let mole and clum go.

IMO We do not have any strikers currently good enough for the SPL. An area Csaba MUST improve on if he hopes for a good season.

I think Makela scored the majority of our goals last pre-season, then got bumped as soon as the competetive stuff started

now for the thorny issue of Hearts strikers. Who would you keep, who would you punt?

Clum - done deal? (hope so) GO NOW - I'll pay the taxi to Inverness

Nade - i think he will stay. - Keep till Jan unless decent offer comes in

Makela - I have a feeling he could turn goo dfor us given the chance - Agree

Mole - mmmmm done nowt wrong but nowt special - Give him a season under a decent manager

Glen - Great stuff but too young - Keep in first team squad (XI occasionally)

Robinson - as above but even younger. - Probably a year or so away

Makela should stay and play along side a new guy. Glen, robinson keep them and get them learning from a new guy who can show them a thing or 2.

nade, dinners ready.

let mole and clum go.

After Wednesday's game I reckon Mole should get a chance to show what he can do

On another thread it mentions an Egyptian striker we're interested in (Mohamed Fadl), looking at You Tube looks like he could be a decent player and good foil for Makela / Glen so if we get him could have a good 3-4 strikers in the squad

Johanes de Silentio

Clean slate for all - see what happens.

(I kinda feel that the coaching/MGMT/discipline situation has been so shambolic that it's really hard to judge the players accurately)

Let me just emphasize again that I am VERY IMPRESSED with Csaba's approach so far. He certainly talks a good game - if his coaching/man management/tactical nous, etc is as good as his PR skills, he's gonnae be guid!

MON THE JTS - INTAE THEM!

Al.

IMO We do not have any strikers currently good enough for the SPL. An area Csaba MUST improve on if he hopes for a good season.

A fit and motivated Nade would be a very good SPL striker IMO.

Unfortunately he's neither of the two.

A fit and motivated Nade would be a very good SPL striker IMO.

Unfortunately he's neither of the two.

Damn right - the guy has a lot of quality.

I think Lazlo will get him fit and up for it.

We do need a couple more strikers as well though.

jackjambo22

For a few seasons we have hardly had a lot to write home about on the forward front

Seems one injury after another followed Janny Bednar pospisil Pinilla or they were not given a chance for what ever reason:mad::confused:

I like to and have no reason not to think that Laszlo will see this area as a priority and address the situation ASAP

We were tripe that season and just finished of the pace (top 6)just think what a couple of in form strikers would do for us

IMO

Makela has potential

Elliot i think has had his day

Mole flatters to deceive

Glen's only a nipper but looks a prospect

Nade will improve, hopefully

Billy the Jambo

I would keep Glen and get rid of the rest of them .They aren,t good enough Elliot and Makela have had their chances Nade is a fat useless tw@ and if some team offer us any money for him we should snap their fecking hands off no matter how much it is.The mad one should get his cheque book out and give Csaba the money to sign 2 or 3 decent strikers but i won,t hold my breath for that happening

Bert Le Clos

Clum - Not SPL quality

Nade - Has the quality, must imrpove attitude and fitness. Also needs to play as part of a front 2, no good on his tod.

Makela - Needs game time before he can be judged properly. I think his running could work well with a fit Nade.

Mole - Meh, could turn into another Elliot. Keep him (just)

Glen - Needs a good 30mins in most games. Defo one for the future.

Robinson - Waay to young, loan move maybe.

I think we need a goal scorer more than anything else. Glen is the sort of player we need but someone with more experience. Unfortunately I can't think of anyone who would want to come or is in our price range!

I'd defo look at taking a youngster on loan from a bigger club though. The boy Campbell banged them in for Hull I think when on loan from Man U last season. Their must be similar options out there.

Bert Le Clos

Notice that Paul Dickov is looking for a club. Don't know what age he is now but from what I remember he's exactly the sort of striker Hearts need. Runs himself into the ground and has an eye for goal around the box.

Emille Mpenza also released by Man City, wages might be too high though.

Oh, and Hernan Crespo is currently without a club, and Eto'o is available!

Bert Le Clos
Dickov? no thanks

Maybe not now, I just realised he's 35. But at 32 or 33 I would have taken him in a heartbeat.

Still did a job regularly in the premiership at that age. Maybe didn't score a lot of goals, but him work rate created them for others.

Exactly what Hearts need out of a striker.

Jambof3tornado

I am hopeful that Csaba will get the best out of nade and mole,but would like to see another quality striker come in. Not sure Mole or Juho are good enough.:sad:

Unless we get a decent striker or two in, Id just go for it and stick Glen in the starting line up with Nade upfront and Makela on the bench.

I think Csaba could possibly make a pair of decent forwards out of Nade and Makela.

But we need to sign a couple quality strikers anyhow.

Broxburn Jambo

nade, dinners ready.

let mole and clum go.

Whoever we get they have to have some pace, last season we played at times with slowest strike force I have ever seen, Nade\Elliot, Elliot\Mole

rudi must stay

nade, dinners ready.

let mole and clum go.

would get rid of Makela and Elliot. Sure Makela could be a great player, but he's on big wages and has done **** all so far so i think it's time for us to cut our losses with him. As for Elliot i don't really need to say anything. The rest though except Nade are young so could improve given games

robin hood jambo
Notice that Paul Dickov is looking for a club. Don't know what age he is now but from what I remember he's exactly the sort of striker Hearts need. Runs himself into the ground and has an eye for goal around the box.

Emille Mpenza also released by Man City, wages might be too high though.

Oh, and Hernan Crespo is currently without a club, and Eto'o is available!

Dickov has gone on trial to one of the MLS clubs stevie nic's i believe.

Mpenza was intresting Ipswich.

Personally i think someone like Paul Gallagher at Blackburn, he spent last season at Stoke and did all right, he's young ( 24 i think) Scottish and may fancy joiniong on loan or permanant to improve possible caps.

Blackburn may be easy to deal with now they have a new manager.

Just a thought.

Dickov has gone on trial to one of the MLS clubs stevie nic's i believe.

Mpenza was intresting Ipswich.

Personally i think someone like Paul Gallagher at Blackburn, he spent last season at Stoke and did all right, he's young ( 24 i think) Scottish and may fancy joiniong on loan or permanant to improve possible caps.

Blackburn may be easy to deal with now they have a new manager.

Just a thought.

Paul Gallagher's a top player. ALways hoped he would geta chance at Blackburn for Scotland's sake. Good shout as a signing, but maybe outa our price range. Someone like him even on loan could be the way to go - wants to kickstart prem career... dont mind doing it for us if he bangs a few in ala Stokes at Falkirk

glen and robinson too young, mole clum and makela are dross leaving nade as the only one with the ability, just needs the attitude now. get the chequebook out

I think Makela scored the majority of our goals last pre-season, then got bumped as soon as the competetive stuff started

The odd time he did play for some reason it was wide right, great place for a striker!!!!!:confused:

Ignoring Glen and Robinson as they are too young and have just been getting tasters of first team action, only one of our strikers has been given any genuine support by Hearts managers over the last 3 years, and that is Clum. He's failed to capitalise on this again and again and again. Consequently got to be first to be shown the door.

Mole has struggled on loan but I reckon there is a player in there. Nade needs help with his fitness but there is definitely talent in him. Makela scores goals and that is what we need.

Archived