Who will win the Open today

Jamdub

I have just settled down with a few cold Kronenbourg's to watch today's action, who does everybody fancy, I have the following still running:

KJ Choi 100/1

H Stenson 69/1

R Goosen 45/1

A Scott 31/1

S Khan 469/1

I also have to finish in the top 10:

KJ Choi 9.8/1

S Khan 19/1

C'mon the 'wee korean'.......:)

I have a tenner ew on Anthony Kim at 50/1, so I'm hoping he can challenge but I don't think he has much chance. I reckon old Greg will win it.

jackjambo22
I have just settled down with a few cold Kronenbourg's to watch today's action, who does everybody fancy, I have the following still running:

KJ Choi 100/1

H Stenson 69/1

R Goosen 45/1

A Scott 31/1

S Khan 469/1

I also have to finish in the top 10:

KJ Choi 9.8/1

S Khan 19/1

C'mon the 'wee korean'.......:)

I have Choi and Goosen

Was getting a we bit excited with the Korean, hopefully he can do it

100/1 would my first ever at that price and a healthy return:p

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I would go for padrig post he seems confident in his game .

I also think Harrington will win.

No money on him though.

I have Choi and Goosen

Was getting a we bit excited with the Korean, hopefully he can do it

100/1 would my first ever at that price and a healthy return:p

You and me both. :)

The Old Tolbooth

I think if Norman holds it together just like he has the first 3 days then a 2 stroke lead could prove invaluable.

He's currently trading at 7/2 on Betfair which is an enormous price considering he's 2 strokes in front, Harrington is favourite to win at 3/1, with Choi sitting around the 5/1 mark.

I fancy an outsider to have a good round, someone currently sitting at around 40 or 50/1, and I'm going to plump for the Swede, Noren to clinch the title at odds of around 50/1 on Betfair (just a very small ?2 wager), and I might also stick a few ?2 bets on some other outsiders too.

I think if Norman holds it together just like he has the first 3 days then a 2 stroke lead could prove invaluable.

He's currently trading at 7/2 on Betfair which is an enormous price considering he's 2 strokes in front, Harrington is favourite to win at 3/1, with Choi sitting around the 5/1 mark.

I fancy an outsider to have a good round, someone currently sitting at around 40 or 50/1, and I'm going to plump for the Swede, Noren to clinch the title at odds of around 50/1 on Betfair (just a very small ?2 wager), and I might also stick a few ?2 bets on some other outsiders too.

like you JM if Norman can hold it together get yer money on him i think its like a lottery as the weather has changed for the first time in 3 days.

The Old Tolbooth
like you JM if Norman can hold it together get yer money on him i think its like a lottery as the weather has changed for the first time in 3 days.

His leads already been wiped out after 2 holes mate, you got to fancy Harrington now.

Fat Striker

Harrington looks very confident and is playing well.

My hopes are on Choi @ 100/1.

Hopefully I'll at least get place money.

The Old Tolbooth
Harrington looks very confident and is playing well.

My hopes are on Choi @ 100/1.

Hopefully I'll at least get place money.

Choi looks pretty steady so far mate, hope you get your place like. :)

Just stuck a cheeky fiver on Norman at 5/1, not bad price for a joint leader, but could do with Harrington slipping a shot to take advantage of a jump in price for him too.

I've got cash on Norman and Padraig. Can see a random putting in a strong round and taking it. With those conditions you never know.

I just put some cash on Garcia. Can see alot of dropped shots from the leaders as the weather gets worse. Garcia will play the par 5's on the back 9 before the wind gets really bad......or il be totally wrong.

The Old Tolbooth

It's not half getting interesting now like, anyone from 8 I reckon could win it!

I took Wakefield at 25/1 (?3) but unfortunately the Swede has fell out of it a bit (?2 @ 50/1) just for some interest.

It's not half getting interesting now like, anyone from 8 I reckon could win it!

I took Wakefield at 25/1 (?3) but unfortunately the Swede has fell out of it a bit (?2 @ 50/1) just for some interest.

As you say, looks like its gonna be close, Poulter looking solid.

The Old Tolbooth
As you say, looks like its gonna be close, Poulter looking solid.

He's even par for the round so far and everyone else is over par, he's just went second favourite with Betfair too at 7/2.

He was 33/1 earlier!

I P Knightley
I feel sorry for Norman, it looks like he's bottling it a bit already.

The old shark looked pretty nervous over the first few holes which convinced me he wasn't going to do it.

What got him to where he was last night was a "who gives a toss?" approach - almost laughing at his own poorer shots.

It seemed he was taking today too seriously but now he's loosened up a bit and the others are struggling, he will still be in the mix - I hope!

The Old Tolbooth
The old shark looked pretty nervous over the first few holes which convinced me he wasn't going to do it.

What got him to where he was last night was a "who gives a toss?" approach - almost laughing at his own poorer shots.

It seemed he was taking today too seriously but now he's loosened up a bit and the others are struggling, he will still be in the mix - I hope!

I hope your right mate!

Chizzy, Furyks score certainly looks pretty good now that he's home and hosed, but I think Poulter looks solid enough to just pip that score with a very birdieable 17th to come. Worth a fiver tho ;)

Father Tiresias
I hope your right mate!

Chizzy, Furyks score certainly looks pretty good now that he's home and hosed, but I think Poulter looks solid enough to just pip that score with a very birdieable 17th to come. Worth a fiver tho ;)

Poulter had a great chance to tie but his 3rd shot to 15 was awful. It's so easy to drop 2 shots so anything is still possible!!

I fancy a play-off now, maybe 3 players at +8

The Old Tolbooth
Poulter had a great chance to tie but his 3rd shot to 15 was awful. It's so easy to drop 2 shots so anything is still possible!!

I fancy a play-off now, maybe 3 players at +8

The way Poulters going, if he can birdie the 17th he could well win this! He's -1 for the round today, no one else is even close to that.

This is getting tense. I'm hoping some people will bottle it so Kim can snatch a win, or at least take it to a play off.

The Old Tolbooth
This is getting tense. I'm hoping some people will bottle it so Kim can snatch a win, or at least take it to a play off.

Harrington can only throw this away now, which (no offense to Harrington as I like him, but my money is elsewhere) I hope he does. I need Poulter to win this now or the cash has crashed :confused:

Harrington can only throw this away now, which (no offense to Harrington as I like him, but my money is elsewhere) I hope he does. I need Poulter to win this now or the cash has crashed :confused:

Yeah, I think Harrington has it now :mad:

Ah well, I still make some profit on what I put out as long as Kim finishes top 7.

The Old Tolbooth
FFS Kim has dropped another shot and is now tied 8th :(

Your not having much luck mate lol!

Looks all over

Your not having much luck mate lol!

Looks all over

I can't wait for the footy to start up again, this golf gambling is doing nothing for my bank balance :(

The Old Tolbooth
I can't wait for the footy to start up again, this golf gambling is doing nothing for my bank balance :(

Heh heh heh, I know the feeling mate.

How good has Padraig been in the closing holes??

Absolutely superb!

Well done to Harrington, a deserved winner and a really nice bloke, even if he did scupper my bets :)

Happy that I managed to get 9/1 on Harrington just before he went out yesterday!

In those conditions that must go down as one of the finest rounds in a long time.

Wooooahhh, happy days! Due to other people messing up, Kim is now tied 7th. I also had a fiver ew on Karlsson 80/1 and he is tied 7th as well. Thank the lord for Paddy Power paying out to the top 7 places in the Open :)

Phew!

And congrats to Harrington for winning it again.

Wooooahhh, happy days! Due to other people messing up, Kim is now tied 7th. I also had a fiver ew on Karlsson 80/1 and he is tied 7th as well. Thank the lord for Paddy Power paying out to the top 7 places in the Open :)

Phew!

And congrats to Harrington for winning it again.

Might be wrong but i think you will not get the full each way stake payout due to the number in a tie for 7th place.

Might be wrong but i think you will not get the full each way stake payout due to the number in a tie for 7th place.

Your not wrong, I got a bit carried away with myself there. Once I had calmed down, I checked my account, and the grand total I got back was.........

wait fot it...........

?20.52

The champagne got put back in the fridge pretty sharpish. :(

Still it is better than nothing I suppose.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I also think Harrington will win.

No money on him though.

Always the ****ing same. Don't bet and it bloody comes in.

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Archived