Uganda, 38 places below Lithuania

virgilhiltz

virgilhiltz

So why are we suddenly creaming ourselves at the influx of some Ugazillians?.........

Sorry but am just no buying this tosh.

A decent youth player on the upgrade from 1st division would be worth more of a punt surely.

Battered our heads at the import of the quality of Lithuanians......Dont understand how the quality of player from the Ugandan league could possibly be any better.

Another ploy from the madman which is gonna come back to haunt us.

:o

ToadKiller Dog

Influx or some ?

make your mind up !

one ugandan player so far Obua who before us had a trial with west ham,and played in the south african league for a team that would/could beat the current hearts side. ,and one coach who worked with our new manager.

So why are we suddenly creaming ourselves at the influx of some Ugazillians?.........

A decent youth player on the upgrade from 1st division would be worth more of a punt surely.

Battered our heads at the import of the quality of Lithuanians......Dont understand how the quality of player from the Ugandan league could possibly be any better.

Virgil, are you trying to give HandOfGord and Prancer a run for their money? ;)

Some very good players can be found in some pretty ****e national teams, and we might just get lucky.

virgilhiltz
Virgil, are you trying to give HandOfGord and Prancer a run for their money? ;)

Some very good players can be found in some pretty ****e national teams, and we might just get lucky.

Agreed, but these one offs are usualy plying their trade or have developed their game in a quality league.

Jam Tarts 1874

Racist tosh!

Buffalo Bill

I'd like to see us returning to pick up the best young players from smaller clubs around us ala 1996 - Cameron, McCann, Hamilton and Weir.

Buffalo Bill

virgilhiltz
I'd like to see us returning to pick up the best young players from smaller clubs around us ala 1996 - Cameron, McCann, Hamilton and Weir.

Buffalo Bill

Defnitely.

However as Obua is plying his trade in South african league, given they are ranked 67th in World, 'spose its slighly better......:o

BangkokHearts

They're cheap and they're keen to learn.

Shut yer hole man. Some names and nations for you. Wouldnt have wanted these lads cos the rest of the blokes from their country are peesh

George Weah Liberia

Dwight Yorke Trinidad & Tobago

Jari Litmanen Finland

Do yersel a favour and stop looking for cospiracies.

If we were signing Lithuanians from the national team that you may have a point but were not. Majority of our Lithuanians come from kaunas and are not regular international players. I think Uganda will definitely have some quality players who would improve our squad. Saying that due to the amount of missed games i would prefer not to sign players from Africa.

Glesga Jambo

FIFA rankings are rank rotten anyhow, and mean nowt. We managed to move up one place this month after playing no one. Wales are 54th and have players like Ryan Giggs in the team??? What a load of pony good players can be found all over. It may also be the case that he has seen other good African players from other countries, but is just hoovering up the best Ugandans at present.

virgilhiltz
Shut yer hole man. Some names and nations for you. Wouldnt have wanted these lads cos the rest of the blokes from their country are peesh

George Weah Liberia

Jari Litmanen Finland

Right.....so we've got ourselves a George Weah?.......:o

Weah, Signed for Monaco at 22.

Litmannen, Ajax at 21.

Yorke, at Aston Villa when 18

Obua?....convince me.

ToadKiller Dog
Obua?....convince me.

you are being deliberately obtuse ,he did not say that we have found a george weah he is saying you cannot ignore smaller nations just because they are not rated.

Iceland are 98th yet we have a couple of decent talents from there on our books.

I stand by what i said the kaiser chiefs would beat our current hearts team and more than hold there own in the spl but thats being subjective,the south african league is of a decent quality .

Josie Quitongo was never a george Weah and gave me some great entertainment in his time with us ,will never forget his goal against the smellies.

As Buffalo bill said it would be great to have a team full of local lads ,but you cant turn back time the game has moved on,i think we recruit and give a decent chance to young scots talent anyway,Glen,Berra and Wallace being just 3.

George Weah Liberia

Jari Litmanen Finland

Virgil has lifted this straight from wibblewibble.net.

The difference is that the manager WANTS this player - he isn't being forced upon him by someone who doesn't know the difference between a football player and a janitor!

Snake Plissken

The thing about Uganda is we simply won't be able to sign any old Ugandan.

They will have to be regular internationals to even get a chance of a WP. The thing with our Lithuanian imports is that for the most part they are not regular internationals.

If we were signing the likes of Dedura, Karcemarskas, Semberas, Edgaras Cesnauskis, Stankevicius, Poskus - I doubt we'd have much of a problem with Lithuanian players coming to Hearts.

Dazo is spot on.

The Lithuanians we were signing were not the cream of the crop. We have not signed the keeper, we have not signed Stankevicius we didn't even sign Danilevicius.

There are many international sides out there that have a few good players, for example, if a few years ago I told you we were to sign players from the Ivory Coast, would you have been as disappointed? I bet you would.

Obua is a player that has just had a trial with a Premiership side and comes from the same team that Leeds signed Lucas Radebe from (IIRC). Also, he is the first signing in a long time that looks like a player chosen by a Hearts manager.

Some folk are never happy.

LarrysRightFoot
Right.....so we've got ourselves a George Weah?.......:o

Weah, Signed for Monaco at 22.

Litmannen, Ajax at 21.

Yorke, at Aston Villa when 18

Obua?....convince me.

Ian Wright was playing Sunday league until he was 24/25!

Wasnt Davie Weir playing at a very low level until he joined Falirk at around 24?

EDIT: Anyway he was player of the year at Kaizer Cheifs in SA a team that would probably give us a going over.

ToadKiller Dog
Virgil has lifted this straight from wibblewibble.net.

wibblewibble.net :107years: may favorite name for them so far:fing25:

What a ridiculous argument for not signing a player!?

Like many other posters have mentioned there are loads of talented footballers, who's national team are well down the FIFA world rankings list.

So the new manager comes in has a look at the squad, think to himself i need more quality. asks himself who do i know that is avaliable and will improve this squad?

come on, why would you put a negative spin on that?

Ugandan Footballer Obua to Join European Club

2008-06-04 21:45:28 Xinhua

Uganda Cranes player David Obua's dream of playing in Europe is on the brink as he will go for trials with one of the most famous and successful clubs in Croatia, Dinamo Zagreb.

Earlier media reports had indicated that Obua, whose contract with South African PSL side Kaizer Chiefs ends on June 30, was heading for Italian Serie B side Brescia.

Sources close to Obua had revealed that the footballer also had offers from Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Italy, Tunisia, Egypt, South Africa and more recently Croatia.

i know this could be paper/agent talk but seems alot of clubs would like to sign him

Victor Meldrew

I was tempted not to dignify the original post with a response, but ultimatley I don't think I can let such nonsense go unanswered.

The difference between the Lithuanians and Obua is that the former are clearly being sent over by Vlad. Given Obua's nationality, it seems highly likely that he's Csaba's choice. that marks real progress for us.

As for the player himself, he's played for Kaiser Chiefs, and was obviously considered good enough for a trial with a decent EPL side which he cut short to come to us. That in itself is encouraging - it shows that someone who had worked with Csaba was keen to work with him again.

Not a dig, but I genuinely thought that the OP was a Hobo.

Apologies if that's not the case. If it isn't then he/she's just a Dismal Jimmy.

Jambof3tornado

Anyone good enough to get a sniff of a trial at an english prem club is good enough for the spl IMO. Lets give the lad a chance and welcome him to tynie with open arms and mouths!!!

Now where did I put my ugandan flag???;)

Anyone good enough to get a sniff of a trial at an english prem club is good enough for the spl IMO. Lets give the lad a chance and welcome him to tynie with open arms and mouths!!!

Now where did I put my ugandan flag???;)

Jose had a trial at Everton before he came up here.

Nucky Thompson

Apologies if that's not the case. If it isn't then he/she's just a Dismal Jimmy.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

alwaysthereinspirit

So there are no players in the world good enough for Hearts if their countries world ranking is below Lithuania? :dribble:

rudi must stay

he's not from the Ugandan league mate. He played in South Africa and for a team that yesterday got a 1-1 draw with Man Utd, a result we could only dream of :rolleyes:.

Rudolf's Mate

Would recommend that anyone who doesn't agree with what the op is saying just steer clear of commenting on any of his threads or posts! This is the second load of tripe I've seen him post and he seems hell bent on looking at everything in a negative light.

He already posted this tripe http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=482:david-lumu&catid=44:sports&Itemid=80 from the observer paper yesterday claiming it was why he was not buying a season ticket. If that it the case and you believe the tabloids they Tynecastle is better off without you :mad:

Guest jambomickey

this is a player our new manager has worked with and rates very highly! surely this signing is a positive in that it's the new manager who has picked this player and not the owner?

Drylaw Hearts
this is a player our new manager has worked with and rates very highly! surely this signing is a positive in that it's the new manager who has picked this player and not the owner?

Of course it is.

And I hope the remainder of the players he brings to the squad are also his picks.

Guest jambomickey
Of course it is.

And I hope the remainder of the players he brings to the squad are also his picks.

ditto mate! all i want is the manager to decide players coming/going, pick the team and tactics and then we can all judge him on results

Dirk Diggler

The prosecution would like to submit further evidence. ^^^^^

john brownlee

dont hold your breath it wont belong before the GFA select are below Lithuiana It wasnt that long ago we could beat scandinavian teams eight nil, remember Iran. Most teams in europe inprove over time with the excection of scotland we go downhil while other countries improve

Is that why its ok for rankers to sign a lith

chester copperpot
Ian Wright was playing Sunday league until he was 24/25!

Wasnt Davie Weir playing at a very low level until he joined Falirk at around 24?EDIT: Anyway he was player of the year at Kaizer Cheifs in SA a team that would probably give us a going over.

Davie Weir was playing college soccer in the USA for University of Evansville in his younger days mate.

Reason I know that, we'll I'd be boasting if I told you, however he was doing that till he was about 23 I think.

Drylaw Hearts
dont hold your breath it wont belong before the GFA select are below Lithuiana It wasnt that long ago we could beat scandinavian teams eight nil, remember Iran. Most teams in europe inprove over time with the excection of scotland we go downhil while other countries improve

You talk some piish.

Scotland rating has improved greatly in the past few years.

Infact it was under 'Bertie' that they were at an all time low IIRC.

Ryan Gosling
Davie Weir was playing college soccer in the USA for University of Evansville in his younger days mate.

Reason I know that, we'll I'd be boasting if I told you, however he was doing that till he was about 23 I think.

It's on Wikipedia?

Cappuccino Kid

Virgilhiltz. Now is there not poster on pegsellers.net who goes by the moniker of Cooler king. Of course this could be coincedence.

Infact it was under 'Bertie' that they were at an all time low IIRC.

Wow, it's like Wikipedia but better!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:confused:

In general players from the Lithuanian or Ugandan international teams, at the moment, will be poorer players than Scottish international players.

But given that the club are unable to afford to keep Scottish international players - I guess we have to fish from a cheaper, poorer pool.

hearts_crazy

What utter claptrap.

The players is crap because his country are crap, yup, makes sence to me.

Tell me then, when the best player ever to grace a football pitch (George Best for the younguns) played for Northern Ireland were Northern Ireland a brilliant team?

From a Hearts persective what about Antti Miemi? Finland aren't exactly World beaters

What about the most technically gifted player I have seen in a Hearts shirt, Ricardo Fuller, where are Jamaica in the Fifa rankings?

It's about the PLAYER, not the nationality.

What utter claptrap.

The players is crap because his country are crap, yup, makes sence to me.

Tell me then, when the best player ever to grace a football pitch (George Best for the younguns) played for Northern Ireland were Northern Ireland a brilliant team?

From a Hearts persective what about Antti Miemi? Finland aren't exactly World beaters

What about the most technically gifted player I have seen in a Hearts shirt, Ricardo Fuller, where are Jamaica in the Fifa rankings?

It's about the PLAYER, not the nationality.

You appear to have missed out on reading the 'In general ...' part of my post (if you are referring to my comment).

In general the better players play for the better teams. In general weaker players play for weaker teams. Of course there are occasional stars from weak teams - Best, Giggs, Weah etc. In general of course they play for the best teams in the world though.

hearts_crazy
You appear to have missed out on reading the 'In general ...' part of my post (if you are referring to my comment).

In general the better players play for the better teams. In general weaker players play for weaker teams. Of course there are occasional stars from weak teams - Best, Giggs, Weah etc. In general of course they play for the best teams in the world though.

I was referring to the original post, but your point is similar to mine, the bottom line is that just because a player plays for a certain country does not necessarily make him a bad player. Of course it works the other way around too. Spain are champions of Europe, so by the OPs twisted logic Ruben Palazuelos must be one of the best players in Europe.

Archived