Dilemma - scare them or call the police

Eddington

My back garden backs on to a fence and trees then a road

Some kids (12-16YO) have taken up camp and decided to start smoking hash there

It smells and I have a little girl who might pick up the language

Would you go over and tell them you will fill them in if they dont move (theres only 6 or so)

or

Call the police and let them deal with it

Im in 2 minds.... I dont want my house to obviously be targetted for abuse, but I dont want them there also

I did buy some police line tape from EBay and stuck it around the general area, that got rid for a few days but they are back....

C'mon then thoughts people

Or, alternatively, you could try asking politely and reasoning with them.

If they're treated with some respect, you might just get it returned.

Just bein' young don't make 'em bad.

Or, alternatively, you could try asking politely and reasoning with them.

If they're treated with some respect, you might just get it returned.

Just bein' young don't make 'em bad.

I agree but when I requested they keep the language down they shouted where to go - so tried and didnt work

Usually I would go over and sort them out, but I have a family now so cant

A difficult one. It seems all too regular that we read about people getting filled in by a bunch of kids. It depends on how handy you are, and if you fancy your chances!

If you do, walk round and face them, if not, call the police!

A difficult one. It seems all too regular that we read about people getting filled in by a bunch of kids. It depends on how handy you are, and if you fancy your chances!

If you do, walk round and face them, if not, call the police!

I do fancy my chances as Im fairly nippy, but whats to stop them coming back with more - Im sure I did when I was wee - sure we pelted peoples windows too

I do fancy my chances as Im fairly nippy, but whats to stop them coming back with more - Im sure I did when I was wee - sure we pelted peoples windows too

Well go down the police route. Hopefully they will get moved on without finding out it was definitely you that complained.

jackjambo22
My back garden backs on to a fence and trees then a road

Some kids (12-16YO) have taken up camp and decided to start smoking hash there

It smells and I have a little girl who might pick up the language

First post but have to strat somewhere :)

If it's a one off, i'd bite the bullet, but if it became a regular occurrence i'd address the situation and explain my reason for being unhappy

If you get it tight then direct action should kick in

"he is not to reason why' :):eek:

Marmeladent?rtchen

Plan A, Go round and ask if you join them for a smoke. Then after a few minutes freak them by asking in a deep husky voice,,,, "Have you kids ever seen a grown man naked!!!"

Plan B, Recored there conversation's and find out, names, where they live, and what school they go to. Then infom the relevent partys about the kids.

Plan C, Get yourself to monkey buisness or another joke shop and buy some stink bombs. When they meet up launch one and the smell should dirve them away.

Rather than shout at them like animals, go and speak to them, explain you have a bairn and that its mostly the noise and not the blow (they'll will respect you for not being bothered about the blow), if that doesnt work then do what you feel necessary.

I'd keep at arms length tho and have a get away plan ready in case it turns nasty.

Get a 20kHz noise generator - and pump up the volume.

Ah...a flaw...might bother your bairn more than them...

Lawn sprinkler?

Big dug?

Griclesfield

I will go around and knee cap the ring-leader and then the other 5 will not know what to do.

Then when the hobo is on the deck, steal his stash, sell it for a profit . . .

everyone is a winner

I was thinking along the same lines as the stink bomb idea.

If you've got a dog or cat, just dump all their turds in the spot they like to gather.

I'm sure they'll have crates/tree stumps that they like to sit on. That would be the place to start.

You might end up being known as "sh|tty man" by all the local kids but it'd work.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Get an Mp3 of that sound that only teens can hear (its right nippy so I believe but as a forty year old I'll never know)

Blast out the noise on the stereo out the back garden

Job jobbed

If you go round and challenge them, all it needs is for one of them to carry a blade.

Try talking to them, or if a mate has a big dog ask if you can borrow it for a few days. The cops would probably not do alot and they'd be back pretty quickly

Boaby Ewing

Honest answer is that if they're tough looking kids, I'd leave it to the police.

If they look more like middle-class trust-fund brats trying to get a bit ethnic, it'll take very little to put the ****ters up them.

Rather than shout at them like animals, go and speak to them, explain you have a bairn and that its mostly the noise and not the blow (they'll will respect you for not being bothered about the blow), if that doesnt work then do what you feel necessary.

I'd keep at arms length tho and have a get away plan ready in case it turns nasty.

Best advice you've had yet. Go with this.

Doctor FinnBarr

Invite a mob of rather large mates round for a barbie, then see the feckers squeal as they get hounded down the road!

:)

Phone the police

If you go round and threaten them/try to reason with them you'll probably just get a brick through your window for your troubles.

I P Knightley

What I would do is go round there with a bunch of folk next time they are there - ideally a few who are older even than me. Some in their 50s some in their 60s.

As you approach the teenagers, start taking off your jacket and ask them, "You here for the dogging? Let's start." And lob in a pot of Vaseline.

That should scare the krapp out of them.

I wouldn't phone the coppers.

Tell them you have a kid and ask them to find somewhere else.

PsychocAndy

A wee variation on the above just get a group of mates round and do the first bit, if that doesn't work grab the biggest one and brake his thumbs, then he cannae rolls his doobs or chib you.

By the way is it just that I'm getting auld or were guys with blades not just wee poofs that couldnae fight.

Buy one of they sonar things that only teenagers hear...it's meant to drive them bammy.

Problem solved for a small investment;)

Put a big sign just where they congregate.

Something like "Gayboys anonymous meeting point" should be sufficient to make the average plooky ned want to be elsewhere.

Mind you...you'd have to make sure you take the sign down once they've buggered orf :laugh:

Disclaimer - not homophobic meself, just have a wee insight into how the teenage mind works.

Put a big sign just where they congregate.

Something like "Gayboys anonymous meeting point" should be sufficient to make the average plooky ned want to be elsewhere.

Mind you...you'd have to make sure you take the sign down once they've buggered orf :laugh:

Disclaimer - not homophobic meself, just have a wee insight into how the teenage mind works.

Maybe Oxford Hibs Supporters HQ ?:)

Disclaimer..not hobophobic meself,just a wee insight into how the teenage mind works.

Archived