Csaba wants to play with two strikers

vegas-voss

From todays Star

"In Germany, we must go and work on tactics and work very hard hard.The team does not have a style and is confused.We must completely change tactics.We need two strikers - last season they played with one striker all the time.Against Dunfermline the other night we played one striker and it was catastrophoic."

From todays Star

"In Germany, we must go and work on tactics and work very hard hard.The team does not have a style and is confused.We must completely change tactics.We need two strikers - last season they played with one striker all the time.Against Dunfermline the other night we played one striker and it was catastrophoic."

More good stuff from Laszlo. I cannot wait until he gets to impress his style on the team.

Billy the Jambo

I think he needs to find 2 strikers first . Time for the mad one to get the cash out i think

LeylandJambo

IMHO we need to go back to the sandy Clark Robbo type attack. Big target man with a nippy little runner

willie wallace
From todays Star

First time in ages that someone at the club is thinking along the same lines as the fans.May it continue.

shaun.lawson
From todays Star

This is so, so accurate. At whatever level of football, any team needs a consistent style and sense of itself: a personality, if you like. That was certainly true of all successful Hearts sides I can think of, yet has vanished over the last couple of years.

If Csaba is even half as good a manager as he is a talker, I'd say we're in for a treat.

IMHO we need to go back to the sandy Clark Robbo type attack. Big target man with a nippy little runner

Glen & Makela ?

Might be why he has taken Makela along on the Germany trip.To at least try out his options before trying to bring someone in.

This is so, so accurate. At whatever level of football, any team needs a consistent style and sense of itself: a personality, if you like. That was certainly true of all successful Hearts sides I can think of, yet has vanished over the last couple of years.

If Csaba is even half as good a manager as he is a talker, I'd say we're in for a treat.

Couldn't agree more. Last season we had no real shape and a collection of players who (offensively) looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing.

As Billy has said, we'll need to sign a couple of strikers but if that means we get away from that one up front nonsense it'll be money well spent.

Mr Quagmire
Glen & Makela ?

Might be why he has taken Makela along on the Germany trip.To at least try out his options before trying to bring someone in.

good call, but we still need 2 more of the same and better.

Again Csaba says the right things and has clearly identified whats wrong at the club. However there will come a time when we are talking about his actions rather than his chat. The guy knows his stuff i just hope that not only he has the ability to turn the club round but is also giving the backing from VR.

Say What Again

Lets hope so Shaun.

Every time Shabba says something, I like him more for it.

Don't think it's Linz. The guy in is from Austria Vienna or something. May not even be Austrian I suppose.

Cheers m8, easy presumption on my part with us being linked to an Austrian striker so recently ;)

We are in funny season again where all Agents will be saying we are interested in any player going.

Don't think it's Linz. The guy in is from Austria Vienna or something. May not even be Austrian I suppose.

Source?? ;)

grumpyespana

Rumour has it that Egyptian international forward Mohamed Fadl could make the move to Hearts next week.

Grumpy

We do have an austrian guy. he is young about 17 and plays with the u19's. We signed him from hibs of all places. Cant for the life of me remember his name. He is living with one of the families that put up young kids. Took Mckusker's bed when he went to clyde.

I'd doubt its him you are talking about, so I'll shut up.

We do have an austrian guy. he is young about 17 and plays with the u19's. We signed him from hibs of all places. Cant for the life of me remember his name. He is living with one of the families that put up young kids. Took Mckusker's bed when he went to clyde.

I'd doubt its him you are talking about, so I'll shut up.

Elias Wagner.

Rumour has it that Egyptian international forward Mohamed Fadl could make the move to Hearts next week.

Grumpy

Just watched him on youtube.He looks exactly like what we need.Scores a lot of headers as well and it's been a long time since we have had a striker who can do that.Anyway he looks quality.

Well, we may have our Robbo in Gary Glen.

What`s worrying is, apart from Glen who are our forwards??? We defo need a couple of new recruits.

The quote about the strikers appears at the end of this ten-minute interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7511944.stm

Apologies if already posted. Great interview though, found myself nodding along, basically he says a lot of the things that we've been saying for a long time ie. need to play with two strikers / players are confused / lack of team spirit / need to identify areas to bring in experienced players.

Famous Hearts
Just watched him on youtube.He looks exactly like what we need.Scores a lot of headers as well and it's been a long time since we have had a striker who can do that.Anyway he looks quality.

Not surprised we are going for an Egyptian. It makes perfect sense.;)

$ilvery_Moon
I think he needs to find 2 strikers first . Time for the mad one to get the cash out i think

Agreed.

portobellojambo1
Csaba wants to play with two strikers

Cannot disagree with that in any way, although it doesn't necessarily have to be two proven goalscorers. He has to determine who he sees as the main goal threat (Gary Glen for example) and then decide the best sort of player that would complement him in and around the box, (the main striker (Robertson) and hustler and bustler type (Clark/Bone) has served as well in the past, and could do again.

But it doesn't really matter how many strikers you have you also have to develop the players who provide the ammunition for these guys to score goals, and we have been lacking in quality on either flank for a while now. We need to find or develop a winger/wingers of the Colquhoun/McCann (original version)/Valois (when he chose) style, who can go past players and provide service into the box which can be converted into goals.

Wingers are probably more important than ever when we do not have an out and out attacking midfielder who can both create and score chances.

I was speaking with someone who told me that Csaba thinks we need 5 or 6 players! A good sign, i hope he is able to get them.

I really like what he has to say, he has basically told it like it is so far, no manager has done that since you know who.

Thanks feck for that. It's taken Shabba 10 mins to work out what the triumvirate of tw@ts couldn't figure out in a season.

That would also involve playing a lot of long balls which is not how Csaba wants to play. I hope the fans at Tynie show the patience to let the team try and get used to Csaba's style i.e. people not getting restless at sideways and backwards passes.

Father Tiresias

Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious!!

4-4-2 based on the successful recipe the mid-80's is the way to go. We've been playing with 2 wingers for months and months and it does not work. One winger in the John Colquhoun mould, step forward Andy Driver, a target man, Nade with a poacher, maybe Glen??

Now we're getting somewhere!!

Nelly Terraces

Every time Shabba opens his mouth, sense comes out. More encouraging words here. Top man. Lookin forward to seein them in Germany!!

Finally.........Hearts and common sense can be used in the same sentence! For the first time in, well, years!

Drylaw Hearts

I'm delighted he's realised that 4-2-3-1 is not right for us given the current group of players we have.

looks a real goal scorer. i'll take anyone as long as they improve the team!

Looks decent.

slashishere
Looks decent.

The goalkeepers look anything but decent..............

a new hammer of the hobos then!!

Here was me thinking you'd all be too stupid to work it out:)

Nah!, we're inteligent, we're JAMBOS!

looks a real goal scorer. i'll take anyone as long as they improve the team!

Looks a player to me.

Good in the air and a decent finisher.

I'd definitely get at least a semi if we signed this guy.

Chad Sexington
Looks a player to me.

Good in the air and a decent finisher.

I'd definitely get at least a semi if we signed this guy.

Is he deffo on the radar?

Where is the rumour coming from?

I like the look of him that's for sure.

I remember the name from a football rumours thread about 2 months ago so i wouldn't go getting Fadl on the back of my strip just yet.

Is he deffo on the radar?

No idea mate but Shabba will have the lowdown on most of the African international players.

QUOTE=Chad Sexington;390132]Is he deffo on the radar?

Not much on Wikipedia, however he's 26 and so far only has 5 caps, the first was in 2007 so I'm not sure if he is a regular so getting a WP may be a problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Fadl[

Archived