When Johnny Met Lee

Gigolo-Aunt

Gigolo-Aunt

Yep, confirmed in a Q+A on Johnny Marrs personal website - (http://www.jmarr.com)

Q: been a big fan for years. really admire all your work. what i want know is do you remember what guitar you used on the talking heads song (notning but) flowers? i really love that. also what's you're opinion on my other favourite songwriter Lee Mavers?

A: On "Nothing But Flowers" I used a Gibson 335. My opinion of Lee Mavers ? Well obviously I think he was pretty fantastic, the La's album is still great. Lee and I played together for a few days in '94 or '95. He came over to my place and we jammed on some La's stuff and some Stones and old R 'n B (real R n B, Bo Diddley) and improvised a bit. I like "Calling All" and "Liberty Ship'..."Looking Glass"

Just read this on another forum.

Man, what would I pay for a recording of those sessions.

Chad Sexington
Yep, confirmed in a Q+A on Johnny Marrs personal website - (http://www.jmarr.com)

Q: been a big fan for years. really admire all your work. what i want know is do you remember what guitar you used on the talking heads song (notning but) flowers? i really love that. also what's you're opinion on my other favourite songwriter Lee Mavers?

A: On "Nothing But Flowers" I used a Gibson 335. My opinion of Lee Mavers ? Well obviously I think he was pretty fantastic, the La's album is still great. Lee and I played together for a few days in '94 or '95. He came over to my place and we jammed on some La's stuff and some Stones and old R 'n B (real R n B, Bo Diddley) and improvised a bit. I like "Calling All" and "Liberty Ship'..."Looking Glass"

Just read this on another forum.

Man, what would I pay for a recording of those sessions.

Agreed GA.

Two amazing talents.

Wow. I love Johnny Marr. He loves me.

Use to work for a travel company and booked a few of his holidays. Only met him a few times, normally his wife came in but yes he is a nice chap.

Walter Kidd
Johhny Marr loathes you.

FACT!

You bounder. He professed his undying love for me only last week.

Chad Sexington
You bounder. He professed his undying love for me only last week.

He was drunk and now bitterly regrets it.

Please don't try and contact him any more.

:sad:

Archived