Goal Celebration?

richierich

Can anyone remember Scott Crabbe and Jimmy Sandison's (I think it was Jimmy Sandison's) goal celebration in the early mid 90's was it against Aberdeen at Tyncastle? Has anyone still got it on video? It was definately on tv but never seemed to be repeated, has anyone still got it in their collection,

I suppose it'll be very cringeworthy to see now but it was very funny at the time,

It was superb ... end-zone dancing of the highest order !

Bumped into Jimmy Sandison in Ayr a couple of months ago and had a good alcohol inspired Hearts related chat. He's obviously still a Jambo through and through.

Johanes de Silentio

I liked the goal celebration that Jefferies' young lads did when the scorer pretended to shoot his team mates, who then pretended to be shot.

(this woulda been maybe Ritchie, Locke, Naysmith, Alan Johnston, Alan McManus, Stu Cal, Davie Murie, Bert Murray, etc)

I just liked it is all!

Also, that thing that JC did with his ears when he scored - I liked that too.

er..happy days!

Al.

Remnants of Standards

It was at Pittodrie during a fairly pulsating 2-2 draw with that goal, a sandison screamer putting us 1 up.

Afraid i couldn't make out the celebration between the players as it was going off in our end. We had a seriously good support up that day with a great atmosphere to boot. Where have those days gone eh??!.

Iain Ferguson scored a late equaliser after Leighton or snelders (?) blocked an initial penalty from Robbo i think. The look on the Aberdeen casuals' mugs was worth the trip alone. Happy they were not.

Can anyone remember Scott Crabbe and Jimmy Sandison's (I think it was Jimmy Sandison's) goal celebration in the early mid 90's was it against Aberdeen at Tyncastle? Has anyone still got it on video? It was definately on tv but never seemed to be repeated, has anyone still got it in their collection,

I suppose it'll be very cringeworthy to see now but it was very funny at the time,

It was at Pittodrie, methinks.

Its been a long time baby
I liked the goal celebration that Jefferies' young lads did when the scorer pretended to shoot his team mates, who then pretended to be shot.

(this woulda been maybe Ritchie, Locke, Naysmith, Alan Johnston, Alan McManus, Stu Cal, Davie Murie, Bert Murray, etc)

I just liked it is all!

er..happy days!

Al.

Yeah mind this but JJ said to stop it, its was the time of Dunblane and didnt think it was in good taste. Proberly right

I just liked it is all!

er..happy days!

Al.

That was great, i remember when gary locke scored and ran over to the corner of the wheatfield and roseburn got down on one knee, pretended to shoot the supporters and they pretended to fall down. My description doesn't really do it justice sadly ;)

Yes, it was at Pittodrie, we had the all-white strip with the maroon candy-stripe,(1989 i think) I remember jumpin about like a nutter, winding up the sheep, Ah....happy days!! I've got most Hearts games on video/DVD since 1986, think i'll look that season out and watch it for old times sake!

I just liked it is all!

er..happy days!

Al.

Partick Thistle at Tynie. Alan Johnston gets down on one knee, and pulls an imaginary arrow from an imaginary quiver on his back...then proceeds to fire it into Paul Ritchie, who clutches his chest ands drops like a stone. (can't remember jack-$h!t about the goal though.!!)

Chad Sexington

Rudie's GTF to the hobos during Burley's demolition derby is my fave. :)

The look on all those tramps faces was priceless. :mad:

They first did it against Partick in the Scottish Cup in '96 (3rd round I think), Ritchie had just scored the only goal of the game

Rudie's GTF to the hobos during Burley's demolition derby is my fave. :)

The look on all those tramps faces was priceless. :mad:

Absolute cracker! Remember ALL these goal celebrations, one of my faves was....of course SuperWayne at Fester Road (Feb 20th '94), knocking them out the cup made it even sweeter!

Rudi's celebration away at Tannadice when he kept walking into to the net and pointed at his left boot was great as well.

Think it was Neil McCann away at easter road where he just held his finger to his mouth.

He cupped his ear at the Hibs fans at ER, the first time I ever seen that celebration

He cupped his ear at the Hibs fans at ER, the first time I ever seen that celebration

Yeah thats the one. Cant beat that for noiseing up people

I've been trying to find the sandison - crabbe celebration for ages........I'm 24 now but I remember being very young and thinking it was the most amazing and funny thing I had ever seen at a hearts macth.

Please someone upload the celebration, I really wanna see if its as good as it is in my head......It was somesort of hand clapping thing I think :) actually it will prob look quite bad nowadays lol. Love to see it again though

Not really a celebration but does anybody remember Henry Smith getting chanted at by the away support, something along the lines of "......Henry!, Henry drop the ball....." he then turned around (someone was down injured at the time methinks) and looked towards the away fans (which was gorgie road at the time I think) and preceeded to spin the ball on his finger tip!! :eek:

It was honestly very funny when I was a bairn :) I'm pretty sure it was at tynie aswell

GlasgowJambo

My 2 all-time best celebration memories were all by Scott Crabbe from 91-92 season, in order:

1. away to Celtic, scored an absolute peach by curling it into the bottom right corner past Bonnar... Crabbo hurdled the boards and ran round behind the goals without stopping with his right arm in the air pointing at the Hearts fans going off their nuts!!

2. 3rd in a 3-1 home win over Celtic in Nov '91, we were one down to a Tommy Coyne goal then had an amazing comeback, Crabbe slammed home the 3rd and ran like a man possessed to the fans! Awesome.

And we swapped him for.... Allan Preston. Why? One of history's great unanswered questions.

Archived