Lewis Stevenson & Paul Hanlon leaving Hibs - A thank you thread.

queensferryjambo

Lone Striker
35 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I thought Stevenson was outstanding in the 2016 League Cup Final. Both he and his side played well that day…until they Hibs’d it by conceding a 90th minute winner. 

Was quite shan iirc. 

IMG_6518.jpeg

Isn't that Boycie to the left of the Cup ?     He loves getting one over them  :notworthy:

AF1DCDC6-2058-4BB3-9500-CB1DBE509806.jpeg.fe791c39efc82962c5ec2d93a4f52464.jpeg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• queensferryjambo

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

Life Aquatic

There's talk of Hanlon heading off to play in Australia. Probably gain five stone and come back here as the next Ange Postecoglu... 

Says alot about Hibs though that they haven't offered him a coaching role or something at the club. 

Wee Mikey
18 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

To be fair to them both they didn't just help us win the 2012 Scottish Cup final, they played their part in the the semi final victories of 2020 & 2022.

Hearts 2-1 Hibs (AET): Boyce nets winner from penalty spot as Hearts reach  final

Hearts 2021/22 end-of-season awards: Player of the year, best signing,  worst moment

Don't forget McPake, though ... he was one of their best, and oor Rudi showed class ...

13 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

😆

:rudi:

An appropriate meme ☝️

Screenshot_20240507_221105_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240507_220735_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240507_220727_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240507_220704_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240507_221456_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240507_221509_Google.jpg

Chaps
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Chaps said:

What’s their derby record?

i’ll answer my own question.

Taken from another thread….

IMG_0962.jpeg
Tremendous stuff :rofl:

Edited by Chaps

Respect to both.

Stevenson in particular.

Isn't the usual rat face that wears their shit.

Decent pro.

And Hanlon the same.

They won a cup for them .

Aye respect from me.

Don't think it harms my Hearts credentials to say so

Finlay James

They are added to the countless Hibs players who have given great service to Heart of Midlothian.  Thank you both.

Morgan

Morecambe and Wise are irreplaceable.

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, Life Aquatic said:

There's talk of Hanlon heading off to play in Australia. Probably gain five stone and come back here as the next Ange Postecoglu... 

Says alot about Hibs though that they haven't offered him a coaching role or something at the club. 

Lined up to be re-united with Monty when he heads back down under soon. 

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Morecambe and Wise are irreplaceable.

As are Statler & Waldorf ...

Homme

Said it on another thread - them both leaving is the last of Hibs as a club. Someone may as well switch off the lights as there is now NO-ONE at that club in the changing rooms or boardrooms that really give a flying what happens to it.

Armageddon

And to think there’s still worse in their squad 😂😂😂

gregzy2k7
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

For heaven's sake, gregzy2k7, at least make the effort to illustrate your comment with an appropriate pic.

Perhaps these two in their favourite h1b5 shirts?

Allow me ... 👇

Screenshot_20240507_214748_Google.jpg

Sorry I couldnae be arsed,

A bit like Hanlon and Stevenson with their football careers....

Anti VAR Association
35 minutes ago, Ked said:

Respect to both.

Stevenson in particular.

Decent pro.

And Hanlon the same.

Aye respect from me.

That where I am. Neither player bothers me. Supporter of club and stayed loyal to them. 

Lewis S winning a League cup and Scottish cup is no mean feet and unlikely to be repeated out with OF the way the game is now. 

wouldn’t have thought either have made a lot of cash. And both have a charity foundation.

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Life Aquatic said:

I think McGregor and Gray got those jobs 😆

Sooks
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think McGregor and Gray got those jobs 😆

Good to see the thread back on track after the weird interlude where Hearts fans were wishing them well . They could always get jobs in the rat infested kitchens 

Topper

Those 2 have been part of a hibs team that have given me some of my best moments as a Hearts fan.

I salute their ineptitude!

Wee Mikey
9 minutes ago, Topper said:

Those 2 have been part of a hibs team that have given me some of my best moments as a Hearts fan.

I salute their ineptitude!

... not to mention their courage, their strength, and their indefaticability ... lol.

queensferryjambo
33 minutes ago, Anti VAR Association said:

That where I am. Neither player bothers me. Supporter of club and stayed loyal to them. 

Lewis S winning a League cup and Scottish cup is no mean feet and unlikely to be repeated out with OF the way the game is now. 

wouldn’t have thought either have made a lot of cash. And both have a charity foundation.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Respect to both.

Stevenson in particular.

Decent pro.

And Hanlon the same.

Aye respect from me.

You guys clearly missed the bit at the start of the thread saying it was a bit of fun. 

For the record zero respect to Stevenson he was always a sneak who left the boot in during derby games and who always put in one really nasty tackle a game.

As for Lewis Stevenson winning a league cup in 2007 and a Scottish cup in 2016 and it unlikely to be repeated. John McGinn done it in 2013 and 2016 and if that isn't close enough to now then maybe the entire St Johnstone team doing it in 2021 might be.

Dagger Is Back

Gutted they’re keaving.

Grateful to both for many years of loyal service to HMFC. 

neilnunb

Guessing Stevenson will end up at Raith with Murray being manager there and him being a Kirkcaldy boy.

john thomas
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

They have a Scotland cap each …………

:rofl:

Stevenson's cap was won in USA when Scotland went on an end of season 2 game tour .

Stevenson , selected by mcleish , was only available for one game of the tour as he had a wedding to go to 

Sooks

I know a good friend of Lewey . Apparently hes a Celtic fan not a Hibby

HMFC01

I had a feeling they'd go. Next season was going to be reducing costs.   Still took me by surprise at seeing the news.  Was an easy bet whenever I was asked if hibs would win today.   My response, is Stevenson or Hanlon playing.  Easy bet. 

Will have to learn the new players now 😑 Rocky off to a good start at least.   

Cheers to Stevenson and Hanlon, well done and all the best. 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Anti VAR Association said:

You meant, "no mean feat"? ...

... anyhoo, I'll bet that he'd far rather have Shankland's 'Happy Feet' ... but he'd have to wait for the drugs to take effect. Lol.

Vit1874

Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time fellow jambos 🙏

Debut 4
10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Willy the Fish and Rocky accept this challenge 

Sounds like some US animated series. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
Posted (edited)

Fair play to Jack and Victor.

They kept plugging away knowing that a derby winning streak was just around the corner.

92 (that’s ninety two folks) derby games later, the corner is proving a long one.  PS - at normal rates, that’s the equivalent of more than a quarter of a century of derbies.

We should not worry, however.  Cannon and Ball leave behind Rocky with a year of his contract left.  Rocky signed for Norwich in 2019 who immediately realised they’d been absolutely smashed when they signed him; loaned him out 5 times in 3 years to different teams, the last being Hibs who decided they didn’t want him either but who were then told by Norwich they’d accidentally played him once too often, which triggered their obligation to buy him permanently on a shree year deal.

Rocky the accident.

Edited by Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Weebroon98

think they have announced this so that they have a semi decent crowd for there last home game of the season, nothing to do with honouring them more about getting cash in. Bet both of them are looking forward to receiving a sauzee decanter. 

TexasAndy

Stevenson produced Hibs one class moment in the 2012 final with his first time pass wide which lead to their goal.  

A_A wehatethehibs
10 hours ago, Ked said:

Respect to both.

Stevenson in particular.

Decent pro.

And Hanlon the same.

Aye respect from me.

Spot on you’re a true sportsman. Respect to 2 stalwarts of their club, good pros who gave their whole career service for their club, there for the big wins and big defeats 🫡

luckyBatistuta
12 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

They should be inducted into our hall of fame

🤣🤣🤣

11 hours ago, DS98 said:

Newell has 1 win in 14 derby games. That is hilarious. 

Not a shock really

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We'll miss them more than Shankland

Shankland will miss them even more than us

Gutted to see them leave

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Ked said:

Respect to both.

Stevenson in particular.

Decent pro.

And Hanlon the same.

Aye respect from me.

Yeah, thats fair.

For all Stevenson's limitations i don't think he was anything worse than a 6/10 every time i saw him. We certainly never showed him up too often in derby matches, from what i recall.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
54 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

think they have announced this so that they have a semi decent crowd for there last home game of the season, nothing to do with honouring them more about getting cash in. Bet both of them are looking forward to receiving a sauzee decanter. 

image.jpeg.e1766850aed2bd09097abbee9443ce0c.jpeg

Pans Jambo

Oh dear, such a shame after their 'glittering' careers.

St Johnstone beckons...

jimbojambo

I think Stevenson and Hanlon even now are better than Rocky, Miller, Fish and the rest of the current dross. Part of the old guard including Gray and MacGregor that have great sway at East Mains and have held Hibs back for years so sorry to see them go but as I say their replacements are worse so no loss. 

cheetah

**** them Hibs pricks 

boag1874

Fair play, both stayed loyal through relegation, failures to get promoted, cup final humiliations, Butcher, Maloney, Mixu, Fenlon, Calderwood, Yogi, Johnstone, Hecky, Monty, a shit ton of derby hammerings which they contributed to, the list goes on. There was even a wee run around 2015-2018 where Hanlon looked like a competent CH & Stevenson looked like an actual footballer.

Joking aside I don't have any ill will towards them, both seem like decent pro's and will go down as legends for winning the cup....

But **** me they haven't half gave us some good memories haven't they?

leginten
2 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

It’s heading for a sell-out, I hear.

Mad scramble for tickets down Lochend way.

I P Knightley
11 hours ago, Sooks said:

I have a pal who's known him over quite a few years, mainly in his Hibs role but also a bit socially. He's convinced that Stevenson's a Raith man. 

Whichever of our pals is correct, it's almost certain that Hibs was just a job to him. He also seems to be not a complete arse of a man. 

I'd still make him wipe his shoes before coming in my house. Probably send him round the back gate, to be honest, and keep him in the garden until I was absolutely sure. 

OnlyTheLonely

From shite.net.

Doubt I will ever see such players again.

🤣😂🤣

Generic Username
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

They can't be that good a friend of his if they think he's a Celtic fan 😅 

Rudy T
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hero-lewis-stevenson-true-great-scottish-cup-winner-most-decorated-club-history-4618535

At no point during his long career have I ever thought wee Lewy was one of the best fullbacks in the league.

A hilarious read by the latest hibs fanboy journalist.

Was never the best full back in Edinburgh never mind the league!

martoon

If we had signed them as youngsters would either have stayed at Hearts as long as they have Hibs?

No chance, imo.

Even in their prime (such as it was) neither were good enough for Hearts.

They seem to be decent lads, and I wish them well for the future, but keeping mediocre players for years, then branding them legends, is very Hibernian.

Hunter, Tortolano, Weir...to name a few and there's been dozens more in the last 40+ years.

suds66

All good things come to an end eventually, shame as they will be missed!!!🤭

indianajones

Mental how long they have been there for. Embarrassing really.