Chicago Games - Shop in Gorgie

RedStarRiot

RedStarRiot

Does anybody else remember and use this place to swap their games in the early 90s? 

They would grade the games A B C etc based on age and popularity (I think). I can’t quite remember how it worked but I think swapping an A for an A was around £5 whilst to swap a B or C for an A was more. I don’t recall anywhere else having this system. I used it quite a lot until they miss sold a Megadrive multi tap to me, thing only worked on EA games. 

Legend Claws

Yes! For my megadrive too. There were quite a few similar shops around Edinburgh.

Samuel Camazzola

I think the one on Leith Walk was called GamesMaster. There was another near South Clerk Street with a similar name (possibly Game Masters). 

RedStarRiot
1 hour ago, Legend Claws said:

Yes! For my megadrive too. There were quite a few similar shops around Edinburgh.

I got ripped off many an occasion trading relatively new games for the likes of Golden Axe etc 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think the one on Leith Walk was called GamesMaster. There was another near South Clerk Street with a similar name (possibly Game Masters). 

That always confused folk. I think the one on Leith was the last man standing but recently closed in the last few years from what I can tell. 

There was also Future Zone in the Gyle. Although I think that might have been a chain rather than independent 

When did Chicago games close?