***Official Septic vs Heart of Midlothian match day thread***

Pingu

Debut 4
21 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Yes agreed but it was not a pressure game for us. Some will say we should treat every game the same, and I agree with that but we were playing for nothing but three points the title is at stake for Celtic.

I don't like the way the game pannned out anymore than others but we need perspective, had Celtic lost that game they are in a bad place again. If Shanks had taken what was a pretty easy chance by what he has been knocking in earlier in the season that would have been a different game... our defending did not help mind you.

👍🏻

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Pasquale for King

• Absolute Scenes

• alicante jambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

I don't think he's shite, at all, for our level he's a perfectly decent attacking full back. If we want to progress we need a better option but I'd be fine with him sticking around the squad. 

1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

I don't think he's shite, at all, for our level he's a perfectly decent attacking full back. If we want to progress we need a better option but I'd be fine with him sticking around the squad. 

Hes not had an assist or scored a goal all season ffs 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Other than Shanks we lack goal threat and are far too soft front to back. We're better than the rest lf the league but it's really a case of the rest of the league being crap than us being close to competing with the old firm.

Kilmarnock, who we all class as hammer throwers sat with a better goal difference than us despite being 11 points off is another concern.

Spot on, 

Gundermann
2 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Subbed Dexter for a weaker player. 
That’ll show them.

Haven't seen game but fancied Natty over Dexter... :facepalm:

Are they competing to be the shittest?

GBJambo
16 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Other than Shanks we lack goal threat and are far too soft front to back. We're better than the rest lf the league but it's really a case of the rest of the league being crap than us being close to competing with the old firm.

Kilmarnock, who we all class as hammer throwers sat with a better goal difference than us despite being 11 points off is another concern.

Our goal difference is same as Kilmarnock’s 

No Idle Talk
25 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Ok fair opinion. I think he’s absolutely shite and the ‘attacking’ fullback thing is a myth. I’ve said it before but he will have one good game, one poor game, one god awful game then one good game. He must have lost the ball six times in his first 5 mins on the pitch. You’re embarrassed for him watching it. 

Is this Atkinson? 

mr fox
2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Fine margins. Ultimately how you do in bith boxes dictates if you win or lose amd we have struggled the last three games. 

Otherwise we are doing a lot of good stuff and now are far better in possession even against the OF. 

Yip agree and with a few additions it will get closer 

We are not far behind 

Jamboross
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hes not had an assist or scored a goal all season ffs 🤦🏽

He's had a stop start season being in out the team with injury, being away with Oz or being on the bench, he's played the equivalent of about 13 matches.

It's his link up play in and around the box that I quite like in an attacking sense, he might not provide the final pass but I feel he generally contributes quite well in chance creation. No idea if there are metrics to measure that or not. No saying the lad is Cafu or anything but it's the SPFL we play in he doesn't have to be. As I said I'd like a better quality starter at RB/RWB to help us kick on in Europe etc but as a squad option Atkinson is absolutely fine until next summer when his contract is up. 

mr fox
2 hours ago, RENE said:

Is he not on radio?

Yes he is

Bongo 1874

Predictable lineup,allowing Celtic to play a high line with little pace in behind to worry them.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

He's had a stop start season being in out the team with injury, being away with Oz or being on the bench, he's played the equivalent of about 13 matches.

It's his link up play in and around the box that I quite like in an attacking sense, he might not provide the final pass but I feel he generally contributes quite well in chance creation. No idea if there are metrics to measure that or not. No saying the lad is Cafu or anything but it's the SPFL we play in he doesn't have to be. As I said I'd like a better quality starter at RB/RWB to help us kick on in Europe etc but as a squad option Atkinson is absolutely fine until next summer when his contract is up. 

He always has stop start seasons, he misses games by being injured or away with his country. I personally wouldn’t sign anymore Aussies for those reasons, they all have these issues. 
His performances range from average to poor and he seems to have a bit of a couldn’t care less attitude, wasn’t bothered his arse after drawing with Hibs again a few months ago. 
Everyone agrees we need a new RB, a quality player hopefully, and maybe another young loanee to fill in. I don’t think Naismith will want to keep him this summer, especially with the inverted fullbacks role being ditched. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Predictable lineup,allowing Celtic to play a high line with little pace in behind to worry them.

Its a worry that the manager doesn’t want to exploit that space in behind both uglies defences. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Dexter set up a chance for us, Atkinson helped set up numerous chances for them. 

JimmyCant
17 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

They were both shite. They’ve both been shite most of the season. That position needs filled ahead of anything else this summer

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its a worry that the manager doesn’t want to exploit that space in behind both uglies defences. 

You are spot on.

I disagree with him on that big time.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You are spot on.

I disagree with him on that big time.

We can only hope the new players will see the pass when on the rare occasions its on, Beni did it once today which was a nice surprise. 

Pingu

Sorry troops, I won't start a match thread again. Took a punt, and it didn't pay off!

38 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Is this Atkinson? 

Yep

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Sorry troops, I won't start a match thread again. Took a punt, and it didn't pay off!

It was a tough one to start 

Bongo 1874
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We can only hope the new players will see the pass when on the rare occasions its on, Beni did it once today which was a nice surprise. 

I would seriously, keep an eye on some of these players that are available on pre contract, during the play offs.

Oxford vs Peterborough coming on.

The likes of Murphy, Mowatt, Humphrys. 

If they don't get promoted go for them.

Bongo 1874
17 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Not your fault, setup was all wrong for me.

Some of the players just going through the motions.

Malinga the Swinga
28 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Not too worry, you haven't cost us 3rd place.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I would seriously, keep an eye on some of these players that are available on pre contract, during the play offs.

Oxford vs Peterborough coming on.

The likes of Murphy, Mowatt, Humphrys. 

If they don't get promoted go for them.

Depends in how he sees us playing, and Shankland being here obviously. 

No Idle Talk
40 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Yep

Aye he's rank. I have officially quit on him. It's never going to happen. 

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends in how he sees us playing, and Shankland being here obviously. 

You see that corner from Murphy mate 😉.

Debut 4
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But the problem is getting the ball, making it count and looking to do that.  It’s easier said than done, especially when your midfield can’t get up the park far enough to dominate more of the ball.  

It’s about clever running too. Celtics defenders aren’t stupid, esp Carter Vickers.  He’s always compensating and waiting for the ball over the top. 

it takes more baws and clever play from us to make it work.  

Edited by Debut 4

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You see that corner from Murphy mate 😉.

Nah I don’t watch lower league crap from other countries, its hard enough watching our guff tbh. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But the problem is getting the ball, making it count and looking to do that.  It’s easier said than done, especially when your midfield can’t get up the park far enough to dominate more of the ball.  

It’s about clever running too. Celtics defenders aren’t stupid, esp Carter Vickers.  He’s always compensating and waiting for the ball over the top. 

it takes more baws and clever play from us to make it work.  

We needed a quick guy up against Scales or that diving scroat Taylor as they’re poor defenders, our best chances came down their flank. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Aye he's rank. I have officially quit on him. It's never going to happen. 

He hasn’t improved one aspect of his game in 2.5 years, he and Rowles don’t strike me as Mensa members.

Debut 4
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We needed a quick guy up against Scales or that diving scroat Taylor as they’re poor defenders, our best chances came down their flank. 

Agree but we lost any control in the game we had in the first half hour.  

When the ball did break for us we struggled to get the ball out, probably due to a few factors.    

There was one moment we should’ve done better with was when Vargas was getting away from McGregor but allowed himself to caught and get it nicked away from him.  Players need to have better awareness in passages of play and get it played quicker.  I can’t remember who it was but someone was over wide left at the time.  

He must’ve been aware as it was wide open, if not, he needs to get the head up in that split second the ball’s going to him or when he’s going for it over the top.  Really grates me that pros don’t have what is seemingly a basic. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Agree but we lost any control in the game we had in the first half hour.  

When the ball did break for us we struggled to get the ball out, probably due to a few factors.    

There was one moment we should’ve done better with was when Vargas was getting away from McGregor but allowed himself to caught and get it nicked away from him.  Players need to have better awareness in passages of play and get it played quicker.  I can’t remember who it was but someone was over wide left at the time.  

He must’ve been aware as it was wide open, if not, he needs to get the head up in that split second the ball’s going to him or when he’s going for it over the top.  Really grates me that pros don’t have what is seemingly a basic. 

Absolutely, hes young and we have seen him make that mistake a few times. He’s getting a reputation as a diver too, hopefully the manager will be coaching him on being cuter in those situations. 
We do seem to think we have far longer on the ball against better teams, been a problem for years, first 30 minutes we took 2 touches maximum and were popping it about well. We then slowed down for some reason and they got on top of us. 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

But our points difference is 11

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He can't we don't have the pace...a pacy striker with Shankland will be a dream next season 🤞

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, GYL said:

He can't we don't have the pace...a pacy striker with Shankland will be a dream next season 🤞

So Vargas, Tagawa or even Oda cant play with Shankland and latch onto passes in behind?
The manager prefers a slow 10 behind Shankland most weeks, and on the rare occasions we do play Vargas up top we rarely pass the ball in behind for him to latch onto. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Let’s hope we don’t give up our 11 point advantage on top of what was a 3 goal advantage this morning. Just saying.

4 hours ago, Gundermann said:

😂 

we definitely need someone in for the start of the new season , Dexter won’t return and Natty need to goes 

Carter
Posted (edited)

I'd be amazed if any other club has a record that can compare to ours when conceding inside 10 mins against the uglies. It's regular as clockwork. That's twice in a fortnight we've gone to Glasgow and been behind inside 5 mins. That's ****ing scandalous. I'd be prepared to wager that doesn't happen at Ibrox tomorrow and that flys in the face of the budget disparity excuse that repeatedly gets churned out.

Edited by Carter

Carter
49 minutes ago, fila said:

😂

we definitely need someone in for the start of the new season , Dexter won’t return and Natty need to goes 

Hopefully we get someone daft enough to give us a decent fee for Atkinson and Rowles. 

Hearts1975
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Trip to Glasgow to do list -

Chuck in early goal- check

Dodgy offside- check

bizarre free kicks to home team- check

Soft bookings for away team- check

penalty home team- check

Joab done by all.

I would add that the press are creaming themselves over Septic stating categorically, that it was their BEST performance against any team this season. 

Yes, it was disappointing, but we knew yesterday, and given their obvious feeling towards us, that by beating them twice in a row, and chasing the 3rd victory on the spin against them, that Brenda's team talk was done and dusted before a ball was even kicked.

I am not disagreeing with the points you make above, but the other factors like them chasing their league title meant we were already up against it before a ball was kicked - big time. 

We don't have the luxury that some teams have - Well, st midden, even hubs - they just expect results when they see them on the fixture card - that's why some teams have the luxury of catching them cold footed 

It feels like when we, or their counter parts rock up, they are hell bent on winning, and especially to appease their fanbase .. call it what u will, but it most definetely feels like that , and certainly not for a moment - been like for as long as I can remember 

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

Hopefully we get someone daft enough to give us a decent fee for Atkinson and Rowles. 

Can’t see that happening 

boag1874

Realistically I kind of expected that game to go how it did, was going to be a tough ask to get a result from them 3x in one season, especially with them chasing a title.

Did well for most of the first half but they were more clinical than us and punished our mistakes, then took control of the game. Goals have dried up with Shanks clearly toiling after a long season, if 3rd gets wrapped up today as expected then we should really rest him next week. The early goal for the OF continues to be a problem as it has for what feels like forever, we get caught cold too often.

End of the day it’s W2 L2 v a side with far, far more resources than us & who are title favourites, would have taken that all day long at the start of the season. 

boag1874
Posted (edited)

Also it’s a hell of an overreaction to suggest we need major surgery or a full overhaul. We just need a couple more players with quality on the ball which we’ve made inroads on already and for a couple of our starters to become squad players. The squad is going to have to be deep next season, that’s what will take us up a gear, punting half the team that got us into this position won’t help with that.

Edited by boag1874

Jambo92
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Also it’s a hell of an overreaction to suggest we need major surgery or a full overhaul. We just need a couple more players with quality on the ball which we’ve made inroads on already and for a couple of our starters to become squad players. The squad is going to have to be deep next season, that’s what will take us up a gear, punting half the team that got us into this position won’t help with that.

We don't need an overhaul correct, but reality is we have an incredible opportunity to go out and make ambitious signings to cement ourselves as the 3rd force and look at challenging for trophies and league races.  

What is likely to happen is that the board sit back and think we're great, add a few bosman transfers and everyone else around us strengthens - we get crippled by injuries due to European run and then we're all miserable in a years time 😀 

Selkirkhmfc1874

The usual early goal conceded but we've taken 6pts off them this season which not the norm and loads to be positive about going forward

Pasquale for King

After we got our tummies tickled by Rangers we were told that we bully Celtic more, didn’t see any of that yesterday. 
We did lose an early goal but were much more competitive than we were against their equally bigoted bedfellows. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

We don't need an overhaul correct, but reality is we have an incredible opportunity to go out and make ambitious signings to cement ourselves as the 3rd force and look at challenging for trophies and league races.  

What is likely to happen is that the board sit back and think we're great, add a few bosman transfers and everyone else around us strengthens - we get crippled by injuries due to European run and then we're all miserable in a years time 😀 

Spot on, we need better quality players to stand still never mind progress. 

John Findlay

Not many teams taking six points out of twelve off Celtic.

boag1874
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

I wouldn’t disagree with your general point about cementing our claim to 3rd and pushing on to really move away from the pack, they’ll strengthen so we need to as well. We‘re better than them all right now but we can’t rest on our laurels because there’s no guarantee we will be next season especially with European fixtures.

What I don’t want to see is us throwing the baby out with the bath water. Imo we’ll improve more if we add a couple of real quality players to what we already have rather than trying to offload a load of guys likely on free transfers or minimal fees that realistically can help us in 30/38 league fixtures even if we are bringing in better quality. We are going to need depth beyond what we currently have.

Don’t get me wrong there a couple in the squad that I don’t see much of a future for and they’re free to go, but everyone who’s started regularly this season I would be hoping we can retain unless there’s a good fee involved, unless of course they don’t want to play for us.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I would add that the press are creaming themselves over Septic stating categorically, that it was their BEST performance against any team this season. 

Yes, it was disappointing, but we knew yesterday, and given their obvious feeling towards us, that by beating them twice in a row, and chasing the 3rd victory on the spin against them, that Brenda's team talk was done and dusted before a ball was even kicked.

I am not disagreeing with the points you make above, but the other factors like them chasing their league title meant we were already up against it before a ball was kicked - big time. 

We don't have the luxury that some teams have - Well, st midden, even hubs - they just expect results when they see them on the fixture card - that's why some teams have the luxury of catching them cold footed 

It feels like when we, or their counter parts rock up, they are hell bent on winning, and especially to appease their fanbase .. call it what u will, but it most definetely feels like that , and certainly not for a moment - been like for as long as I can remember 

Agree, it's a factor. 

And they are better than us, they have better, faster, stronger players in general.

chrystaf
18 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Without Shankland or even a poor performance from Shanks and we are not scoring….nothing up front apart from him.

Agree. It proves - as if any was needed - at how reliant we are/have been on him. especially when Vargas, Oda, Forest and Tagawa are not clinical enough in front of goal.