Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Aye it's all a conspiracy against us. 

And we'll done yo the Robbie defence league by getting him anothet mention. 😂 

Is this some obscure aboriginal dialect , Sparkles ? 🤷‍♂️

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, Sooks said:

Is this some obscure aboriginal dialect , Sparkles ? 🤷‍♂️

No, just the wrong glasses. Sirus. 

Will you be in the running for mosts posts on kickback in a season? 

2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

No, just the wrong glasses. Sirus. 

Will you be in the running for mosts posts on kickback in a season? 

Hope so mate . I will collect the prize in my “ Sooks 1 “ Hearts top , and request that I am introduced as “ Sooks off of Kickback “ :D 

brownkg

I'd have GARY NAYSMITH as a fourth option. I know Stenny are a yo-yo club but this is the first title they have ever won and icludes a record number of consecutive wins followed by a record number of consecutive draws

Perth to Paisley

Anybody got an idea how/who gets to vote?

* All managers of 42 clubs

* and Assistant managers

* vote within your league only

* other

Gary Naysmith winning with Steni is a better achievement than McGlynn at Falkirk imho.

Watt-Zeefuik

Given that both of the OF got left out (the Scotsman is calling it a "snub," LOL), I can't complain about the nominees that much. If Rodgers or Clemente had gotten nominated and Naisy hadn't I'd have been mad enough but the three nominated have had outstanding seasons TBF.

RobNox

I think the nominations are fair.  Killie getting 4th and European football is a big achievement given their resources and where they were when McInnes got the job.   Dundee getting top 6 after being promoted is also a good achievement, given that they would have been expected to be in a relegation battle based on recent seasons in the top flight.  McGlynn on the verge of an invincible season with Falkirk is also a worthy nominee.  

Naisy has done a great job, particularly as he's a rookie manager, but getting 3rd with a team who finished 4th and 3rd in our previous 2 seasons and with our budget is not particularly remarkable.

None of the OF managers were nominated, so it is actually refreshing to see that the PFA is putting more emphasis on managers who have exceeded expectations at their clubs.  I'd far rather see one of the 3 nominees get the award than Brendan get it for winning the title yet again with the wealthiest club in the league (assuming they do go on to win it). 

RobNox
5 hours ago, brownkg said:

I'd have GARY NAYSMITH as a fourth option. I know Stenny are a yo-yo club but this is the first title they have ever won and icludes a record number of consecutive wins followed by a record number of consecutive draws

A worrying trend, hopefully they don't follow that with a record number of consecutive defeats next season.  

John Findlay

I guess Steven Naismith wasn't nominated as he doesn't have enough licenses yet.

TexasAndy
Posted (edited)

I think they are good nominations and a reflection on the tough reality of managing less fashionable clubs.  The reality is that Scottish Football thrives despite the OF (and not because of them as the journos would have you believe) and it's good that there's recognition and balance.  In terms of Naisy, I think he could have been nominated.  Some say he's got Hearts where they expect to be but he's done that as a rookie.  

Edited by TexasAndy

hmfcbilly

Killie made quarter finals of both cups and are doing well given there budget. Are these nominations not from their fellow management colleagues? If so, could it be a bit of the others looking at hearts as having a bigger budget, therefore they should be doing what naismiths done this year? I'm not saying I agree with that sentiment, just thinking how other managers may view us. Date I say, even with a hint of jealousy and/or resentment? Possibly some may not like certain managers, therefore unlikely to vote for them even if they have had a good season? Like others have said, I don't think naismith will be too bothered about a pat on the back and he'd much rather have a winners medal from a cup instead 

jambo007
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I guess Steven Naismith wasn't nominated as he doesn't have enough licenses yet.

And you have to remember Dundee won 10 games this year 🤔

Hackney Hearts
23 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Taking a Hearts team from 4th to 3rd is good but it's not exceptional or surprising. 

You may be right (a lot of others have agreed).

But it kind of implies no Hearts manager is ever getting nominated for the foreseeable future.

(unless we somehow break into the top two)

Even cup wins don't count for much. Callum Davidson won both in the same season - and only got Manager of the MONTH for March.

Spellczech

I think they got them right for once. 

The gruesomes have such a financial advantage that winning trebles doesn't make them good managers IMO...

We have achieved what was expected, but we only improved one league position and didn't reach a final. I think Killie (10th to 4th) and Dundee ( promoted to 5/6th) were the most improved teams in the league, 

Sir PH

Stephen Robinson at St Mirren could consider himself a wee bit unlucky. He's worked wonders on a budget of about 30 pence.

Horatio Caine
10 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Given that both of the OF got left out (the Scotsman is calling it a "snub," LOL), I can't complain about the nominees that much. If Rodgers or Clemente had gotten nominated and Naisy hadn't I'd have been mad enough but the three nominated have had outstanding seasons TBF.

Reading today that Hartson is `stunned` that Rodgers hasn't been nominated - or to put it another way, he's been snubbed.  Bloody hell!

Spellczech
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Stephen Robinson at St Mirren could consider himself a wee bit unlucky. He's worked wonders on a budget of about 30 pence.

Unfortunately he has been consistent with last season.

Awards are a pile of shoite anyway.

Spellczech
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Reading today that Hartson is `stunned` that Rodgers hasn't been nominated - or to put it another way, he's been snubbed.  Bloody hell!

Yeah Ange left them in such a sorry state...That is how he got head-hunted by Spurs...These OF tabloid cheerleaders are such utter balloons.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You may be right (a lot of others have agreed).

But it kind of implies no Hearts manager is ever getting nominated for the foreseeable future.

(unless we somehow break into the top two)

Even cup wins don't count for much. Callum Davidson won both in the same season - and only got Manager of the MONTH for March.

Probably not, unless we had a really high 3rd points total and pushed the OF.

Iirc on promotion and going straight to 3rd there was no award for that, so it will be hard for a Hearts manager to get it. ( that's a good thing tbh, as it means we've been consistently good and not crashed!)

Is this the gong that Steven Gerard won rather than Callum Davidson  - even though he’d done the cup double with St Johnstone?

If so - it’s a bogey.