Lawrence Shankland wins PFA Scotland Players' Player of the Year 2024 (updated)

Tenor

Ricardo Quaresma
31 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

Absolutely delighted for him. However, just listened to his interview. No mention of Hearts or the support. Love him to bits but if it wasn’t for us he’d still be in Belgium. 

Not really seeing that mate; he alluded to Hearts a few times

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

• RustyRightPeg

• jbee647

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

frasermck11
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Who was he talking about when he said "we've now secured 3rd" then? 🤷

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not really seeing that mate; he alluded to Hearts a few times

“Alluded” to Hearts maybe. Sorry if I expected our club captain to give us a bit more credit. Even if he doesn’t mean it, just play the game. For example, could you imagine if Calum McGregor won the award and didn’t mention Celtic or the fans by name?

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, frasermck11 said:

“Alluded” to Hearts maybe. Sorry if I expected our club captain to give us a bit more credit. Even if he doesn’t mean it, just play the game. For example, could you imagine if Calum McGregor won the award and didn’t mention Celtic or the fans by name?

I think he was just being minimal with what he said because you have to be careful what you say in an interview

gregzy2k7

He was the correct choice, Well done Shanks 👏 well deserved.

HMFC01
2 hours ago, livi said:

Fantastic! 

Well done Lawrence Shankland. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The clincher 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

First ever Hearts and Edinburgh club winner of the award. 😎

Superb!  

brownkg

Would have been a travesty if it went to anyone else but still only the tenth non gruesome twosome winner in 46 years. The last one being Higdon for Motherwell in 2012/13

No Idle Talk

That is fantastic. I really expected it to be given to one of the OF players.

He thoroughly deserves it. At times he has been carrying us on his back with his goalscoring exploits. His overall play and the leadership skills he has shown have also been of a very high standard. Not to mention he has more or less played every minute of every game this season. It has been an outstanding effort from him and he deserves all the plaudits he gets for what he has done this season.

Well done, Sir Lawrence of Midlothian. Now get that contract signed, will ye?! Legend status awaits you if you stay. 

Tenor

Where's the BBC article about this?

The only awards article mentions recipients of Manager of the Year, as well as the League 2, League 1 and Championship Players of the Year.

WTF?! I can only assume they're still working on a huge Shankland feature, and they're not just bitter that their beloved OF players lost out?

:levein_interesting:

Samuel Camazzola

Would be genuinely interested to see who'd have voted for Tavernier in this instance and meant it. 

loveofthegame

Genuinely delighted for him. A proud moment for the whole club and us its fan base.

going to be a long summer though…

King prawn

Fantastic achievement! 

No mention of it on the BBC, useless organisation. 

indianajones

Well done Shankland. 

Now stay where you are loved!

Absolute Scenes

Delighted for the guy, fully deserved his award and in all honesty no player was coming close to beating him. I was vocal about recent performances but overall, this guy has been brilliant and I hope he stays

Super_Hans
4 hours ago, brownkg said:

Would have been a travesty if it went to anyone else but still only the tenth non gruesome twosome winner in 46 years. The last one being Higdon for Motherwell in 2012/13

And only the second non-OF player since 1990.

Great achievement 👏 

RustyRightPeg

Fully deserved. One of the best to ever wear the jersey. 

Blackie the Cat

I see our BBC Scotland website is all over this story…..Not!

Not one mention of him winning, but hey I’m sure it’s like that every year….

BBC Glasgow can GTF!

Homme

A best choice.

Well done Shanks 👏 

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Jeez 

A great moment for the club and the player but still someone on JKB manages to put a negative slant on it 

Please sign an extension Shanks, the Universe needs this. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Well deserved, been outstanding for us

Thunder and Lightning
7 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Absolutely delighted for him. However, just listened to his interview. No mention of Hearts or the support. Love him to bits but if it wasn’t for us he’d still be in Belgium. 

How many of his goals did the support score? 

If empty platitudes is what you're after then that's a you issue. 

OmiyaHearts

Jesus, some of the para responses in this thread.... does it not get tiresome thinking of conspiracies all the time?

Anyway, well done Shanks. Hopefully grabs a few at the Euros. I think he'll still be with us next season. 

OmiyaHearts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blackie the Cat said:

I see our BBC Scotland website is all over this story…..Not!

Not one mention of him winning, but hey I’m sure it’s like that every year….

BBC Glasgow can GTF!

It's the main story on the BBC scotland sport website.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

7 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

😂😂 What a sensitive Sally. He answers the questions he was asked in a 2 minute interview. You need to wash your Hearts jammies because you've got snotters all over them.

naeclue

Well done Shanks, richly deserved.

pleased to see McGlynn won the manager of the year award too.

Archie White

Well done Shankland, our best striker since Robbo. Also a mention to ex-Hearts Callumn Morrison for bouncing back with Falkirk. And to McGlynn. What a season they've had. I just hope Shankland makes Germany as his form has fallen off a cliff recently. A hat trick against Dundee would be good!!

Well done Shankland. Surprisingly low key in the Press. Noted that McGlynn was mentioned on BBC Scotland but nothing else.  Maybe the poor souls in the Press were in bed early last night and missed it.

Super_Hans
2 minutes ago, RENE said:

Well done Shankland. Surprisingly low key in the Press. Noted that McGlynn was mentioned on BBC Scotland but nothing else.  Maybe the poor souls in the Press were in bed early last night and missed 

It's a short scroll down on the BBC Sport website.

“Shankland, Watson & Rangers win PFA awards“

Sorry BBC, but Rangers won **** all. Two of their Woman/Girls players won an award.

Give the Bursds the recognition they deserve and name them in the title.

RustyRightPeg

Matondo winning goal of the season is a disgrace too.

Shows the nature of fan voting on awards being completely pointless up here.

Gillsland jack
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Jesus, some of the para responses in this thread.... does it not get tiresome thinking of conspiracies all the time?

Anyway, well done Shanks. Hopefully grabs a few at the Euros. I think he'll still be with us next season. 

If he scores a few at the Euro's, he may very well attract a bit of attention from down South.

Lovecraft

Well done Shanks.

I guess that means he is off to Rangers then.

😞

Ex member of the SaS

The media will be gutted as they were punting Tavernier for this. I seriously thought he might take it too due to the way the pundits slaver over him. Without the penalties he would have scored a lot less. So it's a huge relief and a big well done to Shanks, totally deserved and hope he can get it next season too.

Sooks

Let’s hope he doesnt get a …….. ahem ………. big head ( sorry )

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Indeed. It's the same with the Germany 2024 thread! Hilarious stuff. Unless he gets injured in the next 3 games he will 100% be in the squad and will play minutes at the Euro's that is for certain.

DG_HMFC

Thoroughly deserved. 

RustyRightPeg

Loving the X/Twitter meltdown. 

Half the OF fans moaning don't even realize it's a player voted award, not fan or press 😂

Carter
4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Would be genuinely interested to see who'd have voted for Tavernier in this instance and meant it. 

I'd be very interested to know where highest goalscoring defender in British football history sits within the pantheon of Rangers captains for honours won. Right at the very bottom by some distance I'd imagine. A complete shitebag and a prick.

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'd be very interested to know where highest goalscoring defender in British football history sits within the pantheon of Rangers captains for honours won. Right at the very bottom by some distance I'd imagine. A complete shitebag and a prick.

Rangers Hall of Famer too - I might add.

Go for it 1308
11 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Ffs...grow up

Boyces beard
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Let’s hope he doesnt get a …….. ahem ………. big head ( sorry )

🤣

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

🤣

😂😂

JudyJudyJudy

Well done Lawrence !! What a great achievement to be recognised by your peers 

busbyfth
Posted (edited)

Well done LS.....Would I be right in saying that its ironic when he's going through such a barren phase ? eg In his last 8 matches LS has only scored once - and that was a penalty !! 

Lets hope he gets back on track soon...especially if he is wanting to get a game at the Euros (and for his value to maintain its lustre) 

Edited by busbyfth

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Lawrence Shankland wins PFA Scotland Players' Player of the Year 2024 (updated)