Success next season

Threedoorsdown

15 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Can you imagine this place if we finished tenth?

Bill Murray In Boston To Shoot The Third GHOSTBUSTERS!!

I would be one of them ! A devalued cup with no European reward and a spot above the relegation play off ? No ****ing danger :lol: 

( great meme by the way !! )

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• Thunder and Lightning

Batistuta87

Next season:

- Make a big statement signing.

- Don't get embarrassed in Europe.

- Finish third before the split.

- Don't lose to Hibs.

Longer term:

- Finish within 10pts of 2nd place.

- Win both cups (not necessarily in the same season). 

- Qualify for the Europa League Groups or the Conference League knockouts.

- Beat 22 In A Row.

AC Mallin_51
55 minutes ago, OTT said:

Oh shit yeah, I'd totally forgotten about that!! 

Interesting to see how it works/goes for us. Maybe a chance of more winnable/realistic games?

I definitely think it works in our favour. Before the top 2 from each group went through, 1st place straight to the last 16 with the 8 2nd placed teams joined by 8 EL 3rd placed teams. Now there’s no drop down from the EL. So you’ve got 24/36 progressing which is 2 thirds of the teams in the competition compared to 16/32 progressing which was only half. Because it’s not home and away in the “league stage” either it means there’s 6 games v 6 different opponents resulting in 6 pots instead of 4. A game against a team from each pot means we’d have a real chance of points v teams from pots 4-6

Some people are going to be disappointed unless they are getting their expectations and daydreams mixed up. 

I think finishing 3rd on top of the European schedule would be success. Getting to final in top of that would make it a very good season. 

hmfc_liam06

I'm not worried about the extra European games. We would have pished third even with the Euro games had we not completely collapsed at the end of the season.

joondalupjambo

As few 12.30 kick offs as possible.

The guy two along for me moves seat.

One cash isle again at the kiosks.

My tile to be in place on the wall in the corridor near my seat section.

No more folk find my brilliant, free car parking place very close to the ground.

Oh and at least 4th but preferably 3rd, another trip to Hampden and a couple of Euro wins.  I say 4th minimum because of the number of Euro games we may need to play during the season might give other teams a leg up if they are not involved.  Also Naismith to buy and sell wisely during the off season.  

Chillidigits
3 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

What are everyone’s hopes for next season?

I’m really excited. I’ve not trusted a manager as much as I trust Naismith since Burley. Naismith is instilling a winning attitude into fairly average players.

Not only do we have a cracking manager in my opinion, but at board room level since Mr Anderson joined we seem to have our shit together more and more.

For the first time ever watching Hearts, I feel we have a plan and enough of the jigsaw pieces in place to kick on.

For me success would be;

- Comfortably third

- Hampden trips x 2

- Single digit gap between us and the old firm

- Significant improvement in player trading over the summer.

However, really what I’m looking for is a tangible feel that we are now the third team in the league. I want some day light i between us and Hibs/Aberdeen. The league table looks fantastic this season for that, however we have been guilty of having good seasons and then taking our foot of their throats - I want us to be relentless and driven to absolutely leave them behind us.

For me it's the Thursday Sunday spell that we have to successfully manage. If we drop precious league points early doors third could be a struggle. Also if we get through Europe group stages then it's even more fixtures. Our squad has to be big enough and good enough to cope with the challenge. IMO Europe is the icing on the cake. The overriding priority is continually finishing at least third which gives us great chance to swell our finances moving forward.

Seymour M Hersh

Finishing third again and getting closer to the arse cheeks points tally. Winning a cup would also be welcomed. 

We need a big enough squad for at least the 1st of half of next season as we'll be playing Thurs/Sun quite often.

If we get a big enough squad then here is what I would consider a successful next season:

-3rd Place, closer to 2nd than 4th

-Reach 1 or 2 semi finals in the cups or go further

-A couple of wins in Europe

-A win against Rangers

frankblack
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Some people are going to be disappointed unless they are getting their expectations and daydreams mixed up. 

I think finishing 3rd on top of the European schedule would be success. Getting to final in top of that would make it a very good season. 

The chances are we will need to both rebuild to cover losing Shanks, Beni and Cochrane and increase cover for the extra games.

That is a big ask to do well and remain competitive domestically.  It hasn't worked out well for us or Aberdeen before when we are overstretched.

If we dip domestically then Aberdeen and Hibs will likely spend to compete for 3rd.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Scottish cup win, second after a Huns collapse, decent few wins in the conference and another season undefeated against Hibs. 

Sorry the last one is pretty much inevitable to be honest. How foolish of me. 

No Idle Talk

Win a trophy. 

Finish 3rd(or above). 

Beat Hibs more than they beat us. 

BEAT RANGERS. 

Le Chat

Hammer the Lochend Shite on each of the 3 occasions we play them.

Vermin *******s.

Going to be hard next season,Hibs and Aberdeen can't be as shite surely,Dundee and St Mirren good teams.

TexasAndy

I think 3rd again would be success.  Get to Hampden again maybe a final this time.  The OF keep such a tight hold on all 3 trophies it's hard to prise the cups away from them but there are seasons when somebody else wins a cup so we need to make sure we are in a position to strike.  Of course a lot depends on the cup draws.

HexhamJambo

Given that we will have European matches up until Christmas, I would say that a repeat of this year's performance (I.e. a comfortable third place) would represent progress. 

Might look like we're standing still but it's like setting a running PB using running spikes and then matching it while wearing a pair of walking boots. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

The chances are we will need to both rebuild to cover losing Shanks, Beni and Cochrane and increase cover for the extra games.

That is a big ask to do well and remain competitive domestically.  It hasn't worked out well for us or Aberdeen before when we are overstretched.

If we dip domestically then Aberdeen and Hibs will likely spend to compete for 3rd.

We were OK when we had tbe European games, the collapse and fall out was much later on.

It wasn't the schedule imo,  it was the dressing room collapse as well as our defensive Injuries that cost us. 

Smith, Kingsley,  Rowles,  Halkett all had big injuries last Season and our defence was poor, especially at set pieces. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Mirror said:

We need a big enough squad for at least the 1st of half of next season as we'll be playing Thurs/Sun quite often.

If we get a big enough squad then here is what I would consider a successful next season:

-3rd Place, closer to 2nd than 4th

-Reach 1 or 2 semi finals in the cups or go further

-A couple of wins in Europe

-A win against Rangers

Still another chance of that this Season; just requested Holiday time for it :smuggy:

Heartsfth

Score more goals, create more chances, concede less goals, see signs of being mentally stronger, gub the Hibs, less of this drawing nonsense, win some games against the Auld Firm, avoid getting hammered by them in any games. That will do for starters

If carlsberg did rivals...
7 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

3rd. Pump Hibs as habitually we do and the mickey mouse cup would be sufficient for me. 

I never understand derogatory references to Mickey Mouse, he didn't do Walt Disney any harm!

Bazzas right boot

3rd, try and get more points than this season. 

Cup, don't lose to a diddy side and get as far as possible.

been here before

3rd

Scottish Cup- dont really give a **** about the League Cup.

A bit of fun in Europe.

PapaShango

I always start off wanting us to have that one freak season of winning the league! Feelings usually gone pretty quickly though! 

PapaShango
45 minutes ago, been here before said:

3rd

Scottish Cup- dont really give a **** about the League Cup.

A bit of fun in Europe.

Never get this with the LC. It’s a trophy and I would bite your hand off to watch us win any of the 3 trophies.

Third with at least 10 points between us and 4th

At least one trip to Hampden

Beat both of the OF

Make a decent show of ourselves in Europe.

Francis Albert

To finish significantly closer to the OF than 4th placed club is to us. We should have done it this season really but for our frequently painfully slow starts. Obviously beating Hibs and decent cup runs  home and abroad.

The White Cockade

nobody can deny that third place this season is a success for us

obviously we want to finish third at least next season but for me personally i’d like us to improve performances on the pitch More consistency, more belief and more positive 

We have ridden our luck this season and a lot of our performances have have been below the level we are capable of

We should be putting teams away more comfortably imo

Having said all that I think Naisy is doing a great job and instilled more grit and fighting spirit into the team and both manager and team should keep improving over next couple of seasons 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Get closer to the uglies and open up a bigger gap in third. Stay in the Europa League rather than drop to the Conference. At least reach a cup final again and as others have said don't lose to the wee team under any circumstances. 

Bongo 1874
9 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

What are everyone’s hopes for next season?

I’m really excited. I’ve not trusted a manager as much as I trust Naismith since Burley. Naismith is instilling a winning attitude into fairly average players.

Not only do we have a cracking manager in my opinion, but at board room level since Mr Anderson joined we seem to have our shit together more and more.

For the first time ever watching Hearts, I feel we have a plan and enough of the jigsaw pieces in place to kick on.

For me success would be;

- Comfortably third

- Hampden trips x 2

- Single digit gap between us and the old firm

- Significant improvement in player trading over the summer.

However, really what I’m looking for is a tangible feel that we are now the third team in the league. I want some day light i between us and Hibs/Aberdeen. The league table looks fantastic this season for that, however we have been guilty of having good seasons and then taking our foot of their throats - I want us to be relentless and driven to absolutely leave them behind us.

Getting players contracts sorted with quite a few,running out next season.

Smart Recruitment in summer.

Style of play drilled into players during pre season, so when one player goes out the team,the replacement replaces him knowing what is required.

Allowing a smooth transition.

Our counter-press to be much improved.

Resulting in more goal ending and shots.

Edited by Bongo 1874

VALDOS'

Beat this seasons points total, even by 1 point.

Trip to Hampden for a final.

Compete on the Conference League.

1971fozzy
53 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Beat this seasons points total, even by 1 point.

Trip to Hampden for a final.

Compete on the Conference League.

This

oh and 9 points out of 9 from the vermin please

Edited by 1971fozzy

Wee Mikey

Eclipsing this season's away record and matching it at home would give us a great league season regardless of whether or not Aberdeen or h1b5 make improvements.

Oh, and less stressful first halves would be more than welcome, not to mention final ten minutes (as much as I love a late winner).

spacerjoe
8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think this would be the finest indicator of improvement and in turn would mean the rest are trailing in our wake 👍

Unless one of them has an absolute shocker, then I doubt this happening anytime soon.

Most likely, our 05/06 points total wouldn't finish less than 10 behind 2nd this season.

Finishing 3rd again is a decent enough ask with us in Europe.

Success for me would be to have a couple of amazing European nights, maybe even make the playoffs, while consolidating 3rd and another trip to Hampden.

Beating each of the OF at least once.

An academy player or two nailing down a first team place would be a further sign of offense the field success. Same if we can sell a player or two for decent fees.

Obviously the target is silverware. Add that to the above though and it would be one of the best seasons of my lifetime for sure.

Get closer to the OF. 

Cup Final

3rd

More competitive in Europe

Better performances 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Eclipsing this season's away record and matching it at home would give us a great league season regardless of whether or not Aberdeen or h1b5 make improvements.

Oh, and less stressful first halves would be more than welcome, not to mention final ten minutes (as much as I love a late winner).

So - Win more games and by more goals. 

Simple,  yet I like it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Simple answer is incremental improvement year on year, achieved by trading up

If carlsberg did rivals...
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Never get this with the LC. It’s a trophy and I would bite your hand off to watch us win any of the 3 trophies.

Agreed, it's also a trophy we haven't won in most of our lifetimes. Granted it doesn't get you into Europe anymore but I'd take it in a heartbeat.

More points than this year and crucially (for me) more competitive in Europe.

AlimOzturk

Going to awfully difficult to have as good a year if we lose Shankland tbh. I’d be happy with anything close to this years success tbh. 

I suppose it has to be the target but losing a 30 goal a year striker would be devastating to any teams future success 

Daveandal

Its not sexy but coming 3rd again will be an unbelievablely good season. 

Famous 1874

3rd again. More competitive in Europe. Pump Hibs every game. Win the league cup or the scottish cup. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Thunder and Lightning

Win the league or get Naismith to ****.

It's what we are entitled too. 😂 

33 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Win the league or get Naismith to ****.

It's what we are entitled too. 😂 

*to*

Better than this season. 

So that means at least one final and closer to 2nd. 

plus a European run. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

Its not sexy but coming 3rd again will be an unbelievablely good season. 

Absolutely essential minimum requirements

1 hour ago, Dsjambo said:

Top six

:cornette_dog:

1 hour ago, Dsjambo said:

Top six

:getout:

Thats nearly a Hibs type aspiration.