Framer for football shirts in Edinburgh

bigladatthebackpost

bigladatthebackpost

My kids were lucky enough to get along to the sponsors' night at Tynecastle this week and each got a top signed by all their favourite players.

Has anyone got a recommendation for an Edinburgh framers? 

I was going to keep it local and drop them into McRae's in Gorgie but are there any solid alternatives out there? 

Over to you JKB...

been here before
18 minutes ago, bigladatthebackpost said:

My kids were lucky enough to get along to the sponsors' night at Tynecastle this week and each got a top signed by all their favourite players.

I was going to keep it local and drop them into McRae's in Gorgie but are there any solid alternatives out there? 

Over to you JKB...

Not a bad night that other than that dick during the Q&A asking about the performances v Der Huns.

Anyhow you can pay c150 and more sheets easily for a shirt framed or you can give something like this a whirl. Ive used them twice and they really do look the part. Infact I reckon they look better than the shirt I got framed at McRaes about 8 or 9 years ago- was never really impressed with it.

Obviously not top notch materials and acrylic instead of glass but for hanging in a bairns room and at least 1/4 of the price what have you got to lose?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IB0TRYG/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

Edited by been here before

jimbojambo

Not in Edinburgh but the Frame Shop in East Calder do a brilliant job at around £40. Really friendly family business they are open Wednesday to Saturday only. 

Ive used East Calder as well. Just got one back last weekend actually, and it was £60, but they do an excellent job, and they look great.

bigladatthebackpost

Thanks everyone, really useful stuff. I'll post the results on here whenever I get it all sorted.

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Bluetack is the answer 

Would Blu tack not do the same job?  🤷🏿‍♂️

queensferryjambo
On 27/04/2024 at 20:47, bigladatthebackpost said:

Over to you JKB...

Are they just signed club shop shirts or are they actual players sponsored shirts which were collected on the night and then signed?

Be very aware a lot of picture framers trash the shirts whilst framing them, covering them in thick sticky tape that never comes off and staple holes. I collect players shirts and you would not believe some of the disasters I have taken out of frames. 

So if it is something you value and you might potentially take back out the frame I would suggest not getting them framed.

If it is not a players shirt and you don't intend on ever taking it the frame and you are just wanting a nice display piece then go for it.

If you do go for it the East Calder Frame Shop is incredible value for money for a top quality product (I get prints framed there).

bigladatthebackpost

Thanks Queensferry, that's helpful advice. They're just club shop shirts that we bought to take along to get signed on the night so happy to get them framed and no expectation they'll ever come out. Good to hear another positive for the East Calder place too, many thanks.