Kingsley for Scotland?

Hector Riva

Hector Riva

Extra 3 players for Clarke to pick. Steven Kingsley Surely has to be one. You think?

He deserves it and with the injuries we have he should definitely get one of the extra spaces.

tartofmidlothian

If the Motherwell lad at the last Euros can get in, so can Stephen.

Hector Riva

Extra 3 players for Clarke to pick. Steven Kingsley Surely has to be one. You think?

Special Agent Dale Cooper
6 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

You can say that again!

Hector Riva
Just now, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

You can say that again!

Lol mods help me 

42 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

For sure, Hector.  👍❤️

Ricardo Quaresma

Get Harvey Barnes or we'll probably be snide

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Livramento and Barnes from Newcastle should be in there

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

They’ve got to want to be in there first.

joondalupjambo

Clark has Tierney and Robertson as left backs and there is also Taylor of Celtic in the frame given he has played previously.   Could be to fit them both in, and we have done this several times that Tierney goes centre back and Robertson left back.  If that is the case we would need cover for the latter.  It could be down to Taylor or Kingsley for that.  Guess who the media would be going for.

However more importantly we need a right back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I doubt he will want any more left side defenders, the one area already overloaded. Right sided defenders needed. Might be good news for Craig Gordon/Liam Kelly

11 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

except that he pulls on a maroon jersey, hence he has GFA penalty points knocking him down the order of merit.

colinmaroon

Kingsley is better than Taylor for a start.   Also, he can assist defence as he is way ahead of Taylor with his ability in the air.  Plus, in a tactical change, he could cover right back.

HillmanHearts

Love Kingsley and he’s no doubt had a really good season.

Think Clarke would go for Taylor tho as he obviously likes him and would maybe see him as more obvious cover for Robertson with his recent injury concerns.

Kingsley is the more complete footballer no doubt, but a bit of a high profile ( if uncharacteristic) mistake on Sunday may not help his cause.

Hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Barnes has been asked. Not much we can do if he doesn't fancy it. 

Jim_Duncan
12 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Lewis Stevenson, surely.

Diadora Van Basten

Kingsley deserves a place but I don’t think he will get one because of the options available in his position.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

If they want to play for Scotland, which I doubt, they can join the squad after the Euros.  Then we can see if they are fully committed with no big tournament to look forward to, just run of the mill qualifiers. 

As for having 3 extra players in the squad, what a waste of time taking another 3 players who won’t get any game time.  Already enough of them in a 23 man squad.  Clarke will probably take 4 keepers which will be an even bigger waste of time. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Kingsley is better than Taylor for a start.   Also, he can assist defence as he is way ahead of Taylor with his ability in the air.  Plus, in a tactical change, he could cover right back.

Right back?  Don’t think he’s even played RB for Hearts never mind Scotland!

Kingsley can cover LB and LCB and even be pushed out to RB if needed. He should be knocking on the door but he won’t be.

Clarke has proved time and time again he sticks with his favourites.

Bob Loblaw

It won't happen I don't think as we named a big squad last time and he wasn't involved,  but if he was called up he could provide LCB and LB cover which would mean we could drop Cooper and Taylor and free up an additional spot in the squad. 

Bull's-eye

2 Hopes.

One is no.

Two is Bob.

Edited by Bull's-eye

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

They’ve got to want to be in there first.

Maybe like Gunn, they’ll wait until it’s obvious they’re not getting an England cap and all of a sudden have an epiphany.

Pasquale for King

Theres a dearth of options really to take to make up the numbers as he sticks to his tried n tested.

I would probably rather Kingsley had a rest than training all summer to sit on the bench or the stand, but he obviously can cover all the defensive positions. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It won't happen I don't think as we named a big squad last time and he wasn't involved,  but if he was called up he could provide LCB and LB cover which would mean we could drop Cooper and Taylor and free up an additional spot in the squad. 

Fair point but Ferguson, Patterson, Hickey and Armstrong are currently injured. 

Alex MacDonald

Clarke has apparently requested performance stats on Kingsley from Hearts, and given his consistency this season and versatility across the defence, and set piece goal threat, he deserves a place in the squad, and should’ve been in the Premiership team of the year, along with Frankie Kent.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Lewis Stevenson, surely.

Nice one!

rudi must stay

Kingsley isn't due a call up. I think for a player with his experience he has been average for the last few years 

Bob Loblaw
51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point but Ferguson, Patterson, Hickey and Armstrong are currently injured. 

I think Hickey and Armstrong will both make it. And if they do, Hickey replaces Patterson from the last squad we are only really down Ferguson numbers wise.

19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Kingsley isn't due a call up. I think for a player with his experience he has been average for the last few years 

:lol:

Worst take ever.

Granted he had spell last season were he looked off it but that didn’t help with recurring injuries so couldn’t get a run of games.

This season he has been magnificent for us and even slotted in at RCB seamlessly.

A_A wehatethehibs
27 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Nonsense. He was excellent his first 2 season, culminating with a call up when there was some injuries.

Then he was poor last season affected by a concussion and injuries, but has been back in good form this season. A quality player.

Be a perfectly justified call up by Clarke if there’s a couple of injuries in left side of defence. 

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think Hickey and Armstrong will both make it. And if they do, Hickey replaces Patterson from the last squad we are only really down Ferguson numbers wise.

Hanley is also currently out injured and he was in the last squad iirc 

LarrysRightFoot
14 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Get Harvey Barnes or we'll probably be snide

He’s a must for me. Completely different to anything we have at present. 

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He’s a must for me. Completely different to anything we have at present. 

Exactly right 👍

Ricardo Quaresma
57 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You're unaware that he was called up with McKay too, quite recently, he actually played too?

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

You really have one of the worst football knowledges on here and that takes some ****ing doing  :lol:

rudi must stay
Just now, chester copperpot said:

You really have one of the worst football knowledges on here and that takes some ****ing doing  :lol:

I don't go to games 

15 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Hope not, he was rotten for months after he got his last cap

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Michael DeRosa: Canucks Select Tom Wallinder ...

John Findlay

Unfortunately for him, I think Scotland have better players for the position(s) Steven Kingsley can play.

Personally believe. Zander Clark, Craig Gordon, and Lawrence Shankland, if all remain fit, will be on the plane to Germany.

Whether any of them get game time is a different question all together.

Edited by John Findlay

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Right back?  Don’t think he’s even played RB for Hearts never mind Scotland!

I thought he had in an emergency? Can't point to the exact game(s), mind you.

tartofmidlothian
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Unfortunately for him, I think Scotland have better players for the position(s) Steven Kingsley can play.

Personally believe. Zander Clark, Craig Gordon, and Lawrence Shankland, if all remain fit, will be on the plane to Germany.

Whether any of them get game time is a different question all together.

I think they all will be too, but don't imagine our goalies will play. Clark will make it onto the pitch if Gunn gets injured, Gordon will be there for influence and experience only.

Shankland should be straight in the team, but Clarke seemed wary of using him in the last matches. Part of me wants him to do us proud and have a glorious tournament, but the part that wants him to stay with us for at least another season wouldn't cry if he did nothing.

BackOfTheNet

On one hand, I’m not sure I want to see what he’d be like up against players on elite competition. On the other hand, he’s just as good if not better than some of the options we currently have available who are not injured.

I’d like to bring him on like a kicker kicking a field goal in the NFL, if we need someone on the park capable of his free kick skills in the final minutes.