On the plus side

Shaggy2

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Obviously not quite desperate enough. I did watch an Aberdeen side that were desperate to get there. 

You can be 100% desperate and put in all the effort you like - but in sport, sometimes you don't play your best game or things just don't fall for you on the day.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Sir PH

• HopeDiouf

• Malinga the Swinga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You can be 100% desperate and put in all the effort you like - but in sport, sometimes you don't play your best game or things just don't fall for you on the day.

I get that. But our performances against Rangers are utterly abysmal. Can you not see that? 

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Sir PH said:

I get that. But our performances against Rangers are utterly abysmal. Can you not see that? 

Ok, I was talking about Sunday's game - I thought you were too.

Your comments would be much more suited to the League Cup semi, the 5-0 game or (going back a bit) the 2022 Final.

But then we deserved a win at Ibrox this season and were cheated out of it.

23 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Ok, I was talking about Sunday's game - I thought you were too.

Your comments would be much more suited to the League Cup semi, the 5-0 game or (going back a bit) the 2022 Final.

But then we deserved a win at Ibrox this season and were cheated out of it.

That game at Ibrox and Halkett's late goal aside, we've barely laid a glove on them since the Stendel Cup game. 

NottsJambo
3 hours ago, H2 said:

n the plus side, Coventry v Man U was a cracking game, Cov were so so so unlucky.

This was our house Sunday afternoon. Cov and Hearts playing in a SF at the same time was a new one! Kind of glad I didn't travel up to Glasgow for this one!IMG-20240423-WA0000.thumb.jpg.a96b3b66dcad5b9df09a49fa29eaabef.jpg

20 hours ago, NottsJambo said:

This was our house Sunday afternoon. Cov and Hearts playing in a SF at the same time was a new one! Kind of glad I didn't travel up to Glasgow for this one!IMG-20240423-WA0000.thumb.jpg.a96b3b66dcad5b9df09a49fa29eaabef.jpg

It was heart breaking for Cov, could it be any crueller, you believe you scored the winner at the last gasp. 

21 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

disagree Coventry were very lucky the second goal was a pure fluke, 

:Shanks::kirk:Man U fans...... unbelievable!

21 hours ago, Sir PH said:

They took it to penalty kicks, unlike us, where the game was over after 5 minutes. 

When we took Celtic to penalty kicks we were told it counts for nothing if you lose . It is quite an elasticated critique 

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When we took Celtic to penalty kicks we were told it counts for nothing if you lose . It is quite an elasticated critique 

Ultimately it counts for nothing. But you walk away knowing you've given them a game and the fright of their lives. 

3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Ultimately it counts for nothing. But you walk away knowing you've given them a game and the fright of their lives. 

I never felt like that when we took Rangers to extra time a couple of seasons ago tbh . Coming up short against one of the old firm is pretty much a banker unfortunately . Every now and again we will upset the odds . Sad that the gap has got to the size it has but it is 

TheBigO
23 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Aberdeen played a Celtic side who forgot how to defend and should have killed off the game but didn't. Coventry were playing Man Utd who seem to play in a way that is great for neutrals and not for their own fans.

Yip the Coventry and Aberdeen argument is so so ridiculous and seems to be getting rolled out by imbeciles hell bent on trying to "prove" we dropped our pants on Sunday.

Truth is Aberdeen got an early goal (like we've done before too, incl this season) but from there Celtic could have been 4 or 5 up by the time Aberdeen made it 2-2.  To their credit, by the way, they did well.  But that game could have been a battering.  I didn't see the Coventry game.

The very truth of the matter is, we lost a soft early goal from a poor piece of defending.  We then matched them and actually made the better chances.  A better decision on perhaps 4 or 5 occasions, we equalise and it's game on - didn't Hearts fight back well and show some balls.  But people can't separate a loss from this.  We lost as early goal and didn't equalise.  So we rolled over and got our tummies tickled.  It's frankly immature bullshit.  But not surprising.

All the numbnuts around me screaming PREEEESSSSS THUUUUUUM.  Aye, let's go 2-0 down, good shout.  What we did was actually held our nerve and trust ourselves to get into the right positions to have chances.  Which we did.  It was a pretty professional performance in a way.  Our decision making was terrible infront of goal, and that was the difference.  It's quality and experience that counts there, which we lacked.  You can't magic that, you can only kind of drill it, even.  That's what cost us and very little else.  We score, the game is on.  We didn't.  The end.  But it wasn't a case of didn't score cos we never crossed the halfway line like some seem to maybe thnk.

Wee rant, but folk still banging on like total gomerals is doing my tits in.  Try a different sport, man.  Or go follow Man City.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I never felt like that when we took Rangers to extra time a couple of seasons ago tbh . Coming up short against one of the old firm is pretty much a banker unfortunately . Every now and again we will upset the odds . Sad that the gap has got to the size it has but it is 

That was a weird game in that it went to extra time, but I never at any point felt we could win it. Other than Simms effort, I don't think we had a shot on target? Another chance missed given that Rangers were on their knees after playing a European final three days earlier in crazy heat for two hours. 

Heartsfth

The game wasn’t over after 5 minutes. We settled down, worked our way into the game and got into good areas. That’s when our decision making let us down, that and Baloguns defending being brilliant on the day. We then had Tait stumble over the ball and a defence making wrong decisions by retreating too far and not reacting quick enough in the box. I think the manager was spot on how he summed up the match.

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

That was a weird game in that it went to extra time, but I never at any point felt we could win it. Other than Simms effort, I don't think we had a shot on target? Another chance missed given that Rangers were on their knees after playing a European final three days earlier in crazy heat for two hours. 

It is brutal having to admit it , but I see no benefit whatsoever in pretending otherwise - Rangers ( and Celtic ) have better players than us and it is an upset when we beat them . It happens about as regularly as you would expect considering the gulf in resources 

Just now, Sooks said:

It is brutal having to admit it , but I see no benefit whatsoever in pretending otherwise - Rangers ( and Celtic ) have better players than us and it is an upset when we beat them . It happens about as regularly as you would expect considering the gulf in resources 

Nobody expects to beat them on a regular basis. But we should be giving both of them a bloody nose a lot more than we currently do. 

Just now, Sir PH said:

Nobody expects to beat them on a regular basis. But we should be giving both of them a bloody nose a lot more than we currently do. 

That would be nice , but it depends what you mean by a bloody nose I suppose . Do you mean we should be beating them far more often than we do ? Because I see no real evidence as to why we should 

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That would be nice , but it depends what you mean by a bloody nose I suppose . Do you mean we should be beating them far more often than we do ? Because I see no real evidence as to why we should 

C'mon. Our record against Rangers is nothing short of disgraceful. They turned up with their under 21s team at Tynecastle and the game was over by half-time. And up until this season, our record against Celtic was terrible as well. 

10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

C'mon. Our record against Rangers is nothing short of disgraceful. They turned up with their under 21s team at Tynecastle and the game was over by half-time. And up until this season, our record against Celtic was terrible as well. 

Not sure how this is evidence that we should beat them more regularly though ? I agree with you that they have far greater resources . Even when we were a lot closer to them in the 80s and early nineties we had a shit record against them both . The gap has only gotten bigger and our record against them is about as embarrassingly bad as you would expect in those circumstances . People talk about how 1998 was better than 2012 cup final , and the reasons they give are 

1 - We had not won a trophy in so long

2 - It was against a top Rangers side

Well we failed miserably against them both in the preceding seasons and the seasons afterwards . Failing to compete with them is not a new thing . Would love that to change but other than steadily building up our resources in a sustainable way , what is the only other solution ? Risking the club through getting in to serious debt again and probably ultimately falling short again ? It is a shit state of affairs but we all know that and agree . Unfortunately solutions are harder to come by than realisations 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not sure how this is evidence that we should beat them more regularly though ? I agree with you that they have far greater resources . Even when we were a lot closer to them in the 80s and early nineties we had a shit record against them both . The gap has only gotten bigger and our record against them is about as embarrassingly bad as you would expect in those circumstances . People talk about how 1998 was better than 2012 cup final , and the reasons they give are 

1 - We had not won a trophy in so long

2 - It was against a top Rangers side

Well we failed miserably against them both in the preceding seasons and the seasons afterwards . Failing to compete with them is not a new thing . Would love that to change but other than steadily building up our resources in a sustainable way , what is the only other solution ? Risking the club through getting in to serious debt again and probably ultimately falling short again ? It is a shit state of affairs but we all know that and agree . Unfortunately solutions are harder to come by than realisations 

We did not have a crap record against them in the late 80s and 90s, though? I remember loads of decent results against both of the Old Firm. I was at loads of them.

4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We did not have a crap record against them in the late 80s and 90s, though? I remember loads of decent results against both of the Old Firm. I was at loads of them.

I was at most of them too , and they were more fleeting than you remember I think 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yip the Coventry and Aberdeen argument is so so ridiculous and seems to be getting rolled out by imbeciles hell bent on trying to "prove" we dropped our pants on Sunday.

Truth is Aberdeen got an early goal (like we've done before too, incl this season) but from there Celtic could have been 4 or 5 up by the time Aberdeen made it 2-2.  To their credit, by the way, they did well.  But that game could have been a battering.  I didn't see the Coventry game.

The very truth of the matter is, we lost a soft early goal from a poor piece of defending.  We then matched them and actually made the better chances.  A better decision on perhaps 4 or 5 occasions, we equalise and it's game on - didn't Hearts fight back well and show some balls.  But people can't separate a loss from this.  We lost as early goal and didn't equalise.  So we rolled over and got our tummies tickled.  It's frankly immature bullshit.  But not surprising.

All the numbnuts around me screaming PREEEESSSSS THUUUUUUM.  Aye, let's go 2-0 down, good shout.  What we did was actually held our nerve and trust ourselves to get into the right positions to have chances.  Which we did.  It was a pretty professional performance in a way.  Our decision making was terrible infront of goal, and that was the difference.  It's quality and experience that counts there, which we lacked.  You can't magic that, you can only kind of drill it, even.  That's what cost us and very little else.  We score, the game is on.  We didn't.  The end.  But it wasn't a case of didn't score cos we never crossed the halfway line like some seem to maybe thnk.

Wee rant, but folk still banging on like total gomerals is doing my tits in.  Try a different sport, man.  Or go follow Man City.

100% agree.

There is a football podcast I listen to where one of the journalists on it often talks about the problem with a lot of takes after games is it gets dictated by the scoreline and not what actually happened. I would agree that is what happens here. Had it finished 1-0 and we kept pushing them till the final whistle, I talk would be that we pushed them after the first 5 mins and decision making in front of goal cost us. 

Aberdeen could just have easily not got that equaliser in the last minute and it finishes 2-1, and the talk is that Aberdeen missed the chance to capitalise against a poor Celtic defence and Aberdeen were lucky not to be conceding more.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

100% agree.

There is a football podcast I listen to where one of the journalists on it often talks about the problem with a lot of takes after games is it gets dictated by the scoreline and not what actually happened. I would agree that is what happens here. Had it finished 1-0 and we kept pushing them till the final whistle, I talk would be that we pushed them after the first 5 mins and decision making in front of goal cost us. 

Aberdeen could just have easily not got that equaliser in the last minute and it finishes 2-1, and the talk is that Aberdeen missed the chance to capitalise against a poor Celtic defence and Aberdeen were lucky not to be conceding more.

You missed out the penalty that Aberdeen should've been awarded.

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

100% agree.

Aberdeen should've had at least one pen as well.  guess that is ignored as doesn't suit argument?

TheBigO
22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

100% agree.

21 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You missed out the penalty that Aberdeen should've been awarded.

18 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Aberdeen should've had at least one pen as well.  guess that is ignored as doesn't suit argument?

No.  No he isnt saying anything to suit his argument.  He's saying the truth.  Could just as easily say that YOU are ignoring the complete dominance from Celtic for periods of the game where they could and should have tucked Aberdeen away.  Something Rangers never had over us.  Suits your argument not to look at that.

What we're saying, sorry to speak for JiG, is that it's easy to throw snotters around after a result, and it's even easier (and frankly juvenile) to point to  completely different game and say "how comes they did it and we didnae".  Especially when you look at the two games and we could easily have equalised on a number of occasions!?  But I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

I mean, one guy next to me on Sunday must have said "how come Ross County can beat this mob and we cannae" about 10 times.  Like! Come on! Really?! That's how you think it works?  That's how your brain works!?

Anyway.  Which songs did you join in with on Sunday PH?

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

No.  No he isnt saying anything to suit his argument.  He's saying the truth.  Could just as easily say that YOU are ignoring the complete dominance from Celtic for periods of the game where they could and should have tucked Aberdeen away.  Something Rangers never had over us.  Suits your argument not to look at that.

What we're saying, sorry to speak for JiG, is that it's easy to throw snotters around after a result, and it's even easier (and frankly juvenile) to point to  completely different game and say "how comes they did it and we didnae".  Especially when you look at the two games and we could easily have equalised on a number of occasions!?  But I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

I mean, one guy next to me on Sunday must have said "how come Ross County can beat this mob and we cannae" about 10 times.  Like! Come on! Really?! That's how you think it works?  That's how your brain works!?

The truth is, Aberdeen came a lot closer to getting a result at the weekend than we did.  And that is extremely disappointing as they are pish.  

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

The truth is, Aberdeen came a lot closer to getting a result at the weekend than we did.  And that is extremely disappointing as they are pish.  

I would also argue that Celtic were also much poorer on Saturday than Rangers were on Sunday, they were a lot weaker at the back and very wasteful up front.

But yes I forgot about the penalty that was not given but still doesn't mean that I thought Aberdeen were really good and having much more of a go than us. If Vargas passes the ball to Forrest rather than making no decision at all, how we talk about our performance on Sunday would be completely different on here. 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Dont worry about speaking on behalf of me as I am in complete agreement. 

As I said in the previous post, I thought Celtic were much poorer than Rangers last weekend but as you say they still dominated the match, and their own wastefulness is what almost cost them the game.

HopeDiouf
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I would also argue that Celtic were also much poorer on Saturday than Rangers were on Sunday, they were a lot weaker at the back and very wasteful up front.

But yes I forgot about the penalty that was not given but still doesn't mean that I thought Aberdeen were really good and having much more of a go than us. If Vargas passes the ball to Forrest rather than making no decision at all, how we talk about our performance on Sunday would be completely different on here. 

its hard to judge IMO.  Rangers were a long long way from good on Sunday, thats for sure.  And part of the disappointment.  They were (relatively) there for the taking.  They'll more than likely not be in as bad a place next time we get them in a semi.

It is a shame that this thread has been dragged in to the same greetin and moaning mess that already has two threads on the first page to cover . The rolling over and naive threads not enough space for this crap

HopeDiouf
Just now, Sooks said:

It is a shame that this thread has been dragged in to the same greetin and moaning mess that already has two threads on the first page to cover . The rolling over and naive threads not enough space for this crap

feel free not to read.  I ignore most of the crap you post anyway ;)

26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aberdeen gave Celtic a game, and Celtic having the majority of possession and chances is to be expected when they have better players.

The last line of your post was probably original and funny in your tiny mind. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think both were miles off their best, kinda the story of the season. 

Take the first 3 weeks of the season out the equation and we're right there with them. We're only 13 back from Rangers, which is more or less the stumbles in-between our European games. 28 point gap at the end of 21/22, and 35 to Aberdeen last season. Huge improvement and hugely encouraging IMO.

8 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

feel free not to read.  I ignore most of the crap you post anyway ;)

I would rather read the thread and post on it thanks . Would just be quite nice if it was not just you and a couple of others tediously droning on off topic when there are two other threads to discuss it already 

HopeDiouf
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I would rather read the thread and post on it thanks . Would just be quite nice if it was not just you and a couple of others tediously droning on off topic when there are two other threads to discuss it already 

It'd be nice to read the whole of kickback without you droning on and on and on every single thread.  But we are where we are.

1 hour ago, HopeDiouf said:

It'd be nice to read the whole of kickback without you droning on and on and on every single thread.  But we are where we are.

Stick me on ignore then . At least I generally try and stick to the topic instead of being a tedious ****ing dullard about the one agenda over multiple threads 

HopeDiouf
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Stick me on ignore then . At least I generally try and stick to the topic instead of being a tedious ****ing dullard about the one agenda over multiple threads 

if you'd taken you're own advice, instead of trying to be the posting police, we could've avoided this whole conversation.

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

if you'd taken you're own advice, instead of trying to be the posting police, we could've avoided this whole conversation.

No not really . Everyone presumably feels the same since nobody has even bothered discussing the topic of the OP since it became yet another manbaby thread for wee drama queens to have a tantrum on 

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No not really . Everyone presumably feels the same since nobody has even bothered discussing the topic of the OP since it became yet another manbaby thread for wee drama queens to have a tantrum on 

there is certainly plenty of that on this thread

image.png.e2d7d4c546fcda2c61c74e2cde40f25c.png

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

there is certainly plenty of that on this thread

image.png.e2d7d4c546fcda2c61c74e2cde40f25c.png

I could post a similar one if I was more precious and put yourself and a couple of other dullards on block . However , I found the OP topic interesting and stupidly clicked on it expecting that to be the actual content . Instead it is just borehemoths like you whining about the semi loss ……….   As I said……..  there are at least two other threads for you to menstruate over 

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I could post a similar one if I was more precious and put yourself and a couple of other dullards on block . However , I found the OP topic interesting and stupidly clicked on it expecting that to be the actual content . Instead it is just borehemoths like you whining about the semi loss ……….   As I said……..  there are at least two other threads for you to menstruate over 

I had a grand total of 3 posts on the thread at the point you decided you were the thread police.  As I said, take your own advice, stick me on ignore.  I'm done with this.

Ex member of the SaS

Said before a poor team can beat a good team if they go at it with passion and determination. We went into that game without any of the afore mentioned traits. We allowed them to control the game and spray passes around with impunity. Aberdeen did what Ross co and Dundee did to Sevco and nearly won. Time for the manager and players to grow some balls and forget all the hype about playing one of the " big " two.

been here before
9 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I had a grand total of 3 posts on the thread at the point you decided you were the thread police.  As I said, take your own advice, stick me on ignore.  I'm done with this.

Its "Sooks off of Kickback" remember, you know how he has to post on every thread- multiple times.

As long as he gets the post count up the thread or content really dont matter.

Edited by been here before

Bull's-eye
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You've got quite the fanclub on here. Has to be said sooks,  you do a sterling job keeping them all amused.

Crayola can't be pleased.

12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You've got quite the fanclub on here. Has to be said sooks,  you do a sterling job keeping them all amused.

Crayola can't be pleased.

Just one of those weird old things BE . There seems to be a wee group of them who all have the same MO :lol: 

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Sooks

:rofl:

Off of Kickback too

been here before

Here 'Sooks 1' see when you "introduce myself to strangers as Sooks of off Kickback" do you add that to your post count in your head?

So back on topic , and away from the utter whooosh of certain dullards

It will be nice to dismantle yet another seriously fragile claim to fame next season :) 

been here before
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So back on topic , and away from the utter whooosh of certain dullards

It will be nice to dismantle yet another seriously fragile claim to fame next season :) 

Ahhh so you do then. :rofl:

CaptainShanks

Hibs are on course for their worse derby win record in the history of both clubs since formation. Currently sitting at 8% of games played and the worst previously is 13%. They really struggle to beat us atm.