On the plus side

Shaggy2

Shaggy2

With us being 99.9% sure of third our (at least) 8 European matches next season will take us to 99 competitive matches, overtaking the flairmeisters 98 (not counting the Inter-Toto thing). 
It’s maybe the last thing they had over us in a statistical sense.

Maybe taking my Hibsession a bit far but it irked me and I’ve always wanted to get past them on that stat. 
Was always proud that the 1998 cup win meant we’ve competed in every competition ON MERIT whereas they needed invites to the European Cup and the CWC. 
Passports at the ready. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Sir PH

• HopeDiouf

• Malinga the Swinga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874

Nice point.  And I’d hazard we will never be behind them ever again.

im not sure how we are behind in the first place. I’ve never researched it.   Clearly before I was born.  🤣

Edited by kingantti1874

n the plus side, Coventry v Man U was a cracking game, Cov were so so so unlucky.

If carlsberg did rivals...
23 minutes ago, H2 said:

n the plus side, Coventry v Man U was a cracking game, Cov were so so so unlucky.

You could say the same about Aberdeen, very unlucky. Two teams up against opposition teams with far greater budgets but neither one rolled over to have their tummy tickled!

47 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

With us being 99.9% sure of third our (at least) 8 European matches next season will take us to 99 competitive matches, overtaking the flairmeisters 98 (not counting the Inter-Toto thing). 

Maybe taking my Hibsession a bit far but it irked me and I’ve always wanted to get past them on that stat. 
Was always proud that the 1998 cup win meant we’ve competed in every competition ON MERIT whereas they needed invites to the European Cup and the CWC. 
Passports at the ready. 

It is just another of their oh so flimsy and risible ‘ bragging rights ‘

First British club not to turn down an invitation to play in Europe

Won the Scottish and League Cups more recently than us 

0 - 7 in a league match for two points

Never beaten Rangers at Hampden because it was getting renovated when we beat them in the Scottish Cup final

1986 where we had an incredible season and only lost out on the league on goal difference and they finished third bottom

And that is it really . Compare that to

Three Scottish Cups in 26 years

22 in a row undefeated in the derby

19 in a row undefeated in the derby 

4 - 0 in the Scottish Cup semi and winning the final

5 - 1 in the Scottish Cup final

More supporters

More major trophies

More points overall

100% derby record vs them at Hampden

100% record vs them in cup finals including one in Edinburgh

:lol:  ******s

Shaggy2
46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

im not sure how we are behind in the first place. I’ve never researched it.   Clearly before I was born.  🤣

Absolutely. It’s 78 Hearts, 56 Hibs in my lifetime (b1972). Anyone born in 1980 will be 74-32. 

11 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

You could say the same about Aberdeen, very unlucky. Two teams up against opposition teams with far greater budgets but neither one rolled over to have their tummy tickled!

That makes a change for Aberdeen, our record v Rangers at Hampden is terrible.  But the Dons record against Celtic is awful, I think that's 25 games in a row without a win.  

Harry Potter
14 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

tummy tickled 😕.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Absolutely. It’s 78 Hearts, 56 Hibs in my lifetime (b1972). Anyone born in 1980 will be 74-32. 

In the 60s we only got into

Eutope once iirc. 

RobbofordGHC
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In the 60s we only got into

Eutope once iirc. 

No we qualified many times, mostly the Fairs Cup

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, RobbofordGHC said:

What years?

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is just another of their oh so flimsy and risible ‘ bragging rights ‘

First British club not to turn down an invitation to play in Europe

Won the Scottish and League Cups more recently than us 

0 - 7 in a league match for two points

Never beaten Rangers at Hampden because it was getting renovated when we beat them in the Scottish Cup final

1986 where we had an incredible season and only lost out on the league on goal difference and they finished third bottom

And that is it really . Compare that to

Three Scottish Cups in 26 years

22 in a row undefeated in the derby

19 in a row undefeated in the derby 

4 - 0 in the Scottish Cup semi and winning the final

5 - 1 in the Scottish Cup final

More supporters

More major trophies

More points overall

100% derby record vs them at Hampden

100% record vs them in cup finals including one in Edinburgh

:lol:  ******s

You're talking bragging rights and you've not mentioned us winning the tennents sixes twice! Deary me.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, RobbofordGHC said:

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What years?

We did qualify 3 times for the fairs cup. The 70s were worse for Euro qualification.

IMG_4628.png

SectionDJambo

The trouble with the Inter Cities Fairs Cup, for us, was that Hibs usually finished above us. So that if we were in a qualifying postion, we didn't get to enter because of the one city,one team rule.

Debut 4

Don’t forget the Festival Cup, lads. 

2 wins from 2 but no bus parade. ☹️

jamboinglasgow
52 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Aberdeen played a Celtic side who forgot how to defend and should have killed off the game but didn't. Coventry were playing Man Utd who seem to play in a way that is great for neutrals and not for their own fans.

6 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

You're talking bragging rights and you've not mentioned us winning the tennents sixes twice! Deary me.

I know how remiss of me . I was worried that if I mentioned that then a Hibs supporter might come on and try and sneak their Dryborough Cups and EOS Shield wins in to the equation like they usually try and do :lol: 

Gorgiewave

We've had three consecutive home draws against them. Let's talk again when we next beat them.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know how remiss of me . I was worried that if I mentioned that then a Hibs supporter might come on and try and sneak their Dryborough Cups and EOS Shield wins in to the equation like they usually try and do :lol: 

We can always add our runner up spot in the texaco Cup!

Just now, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

We can always add our runner up spot in the texaco Cup!

We will have the Last Laff for sure 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

We've had three consecutive home draws against them. Let's talk again when we next beat them.

🤣 no we can talk now thanks. 

dannymack
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Passports at the ready. 

Have Heart of Midlothian ever won the Second Division Championship Trophy ? 

11 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Do you mean the current 4th tier as opposed to the second division, which is the current championship? 

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We did qualify 3 times for the fairs cup. The 70s were worse for Euro qualification.

IMG_4628.png

My older brothers mate went to the Dukla Prague away game in '86 and brought me a programme back, not that I could understand a word of it! It must've been a strange trip in those days going behind the iron curtain. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Depends who their next manager is.  With the track record McInnes has he would almost certainly have them challenging for third/fourth in the league.  Certainly enough to be in Europe every season. Maybe not for long but certainly in it. 

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, dannymack said:

No.  I think Hibs might have though.  We have won the First Division and Championship though. 

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, H2 said:

disagree Coventry were very lucky the second goal was a pure fluke, 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Your point is redundant as they both lost. 

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Depends who their next manager is.  With the track record McInnes has he would almost certainly have them challenging for third/fourth in the league.  Certainly enough to be in Europe every season. Maybe not for long but certainly in it. 

Sounds like you have your fingers crossed they succeed. Very strange behaviour 

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Your point is redundant as they both lost. 

They took it to penalty kicks, unlike us, where the game was over after 5 minutes. 

PortyBeach
29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No.  I think Hibs might have though.  We have won the First Division and Championship though. 

Yes, in the old First/Second Divisions set-up Hibs were relegated around 1929-30 and spent a couple of seasons in the Second Division before winning it and gaining promotion. 

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They took it to penalty kicks, unlike us, where the game was over after 5 minutes. 

So what, you don't get a medal for losing on penalties in a semi final. Impossible to prove but if we had lost on penalties, after either being ahead in game or ahead in penalties, you'd have been all over slating Hearts for bottling it.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

So what, you don't get a medal for losing on penalties in a semi final. Impossible to prove but if we had lost on penalties, after either being ahead in game or ahead in penalties, you'd have been all over slating Hearts for bottling it.

Utter garbage. When we lost on penalties against Celtic in 2020, I was nothing but proud of the team. If you can't see the difference between Aberdeen and Coventry's display compared to ours, then maybe football isn't for you. 

mitch41
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Passports at the ready. 

Sunday is still too raw to start thinking about next season we have 5 league games to try and win for our fantastic loyal fans that we’re so badly let down against a poor Rangers team. Let’s get this league over and done with then watch the Hearts board back Naismith and his staff with what is needed player wise to provide a team capable of beating the likes of Celtic & Rangers on a regular basis. So it’s Kilmarnock away this weekend which will be interesting from a who deserves to get in the team.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Utter garbage. When we lost on penalties against Celtic in 2020, I was nothing but proud of the team. If you can't see the difference between Aberdeen and Coventry's display compared to ours, then maybe football isn't for you. 

It's about results, if you can't understand that, then go away and watch kids playing in park football. Actually don't, they probably care about result as well.

scottg71

Even the embarrassment of only having 4 loyalty points hasn’t stopped that clown posting. 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's about results, if you can't understand that, then go away and watch kids playing in park football. Actually don't, they probably care about result as well.

Fans can accept being beat on penalties or losing in extra time, as long as the effort is there. You know all this, but carry on playing the contrary card.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Even the embarrassment of only having 4 loyalty points hasn’t stopped that clown posting. 

?

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Well that's just not true, either literally or in a figurative sense. The game was very much in the balance up until the 78th minute. Even then, if Oda had put his point blank shot a foot either side of the keeper, it would have been an exciting end to the match. Yes, we made bad attacking decisions throughout, but at least we were attacking (unlike 2020 Final). Nor did we get any lucky breaks like Coventry's freak looping deflection or handball penalty (and Simms' goal came off his shin).

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Sir PH said:

Fans can accept being beat on penalties or losing in extra time, as long as the effort is there. You know all this, but carry on playing the contrary card.

Not me being contrary. Effort was clearly there on Sunday, decision making let us (Hearts) down.

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Clearly didn't watch the match, or at the wind up.

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Well that's just not true, either literally or in a figurative sense. The game was very much in the balance up until the 78th minute. Even then, if Oda had put his point blank shot a foot either side of the keeper, it would have been an exciting end to the match. Yes, we made bad attacking decisions throughout, but at least we were attacking (unlike 2020 Final). Nor did we get any lucky breaks like Coventry's freak looping deflection or handball penalty (and Simms' goal came off his shin).

At no point on Sunday did I feel we could win that game after conceding the early goal. If others did, then fair enough. 

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Clearly didn't watch the match, or at the wind up.

I was at the match. Weak as piss from Grant to get rid of the ball for the first goal, and players ball watching at the second goal. We must've watched a different game.

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Between 1960-1979 they racked up around 65 matches. We racked up 18.

It's taken a while for us to claw them back.

gordon simpson
4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

spot on we do have some pure radges in our support who no sweet fcuk all about football 

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Sir PH said:

I was at the match. Weak as piss from Grant to get rid of the ball for the first goal, and players ball watching at the second goal. We must've watched a different game.

Loads of things could have been done better at the first goal (and the second) - we made a lot of bad decisions during the game, and often executed things badly too, but why some people feel the need to put this down to "lack of effort" is beyond me. Footballers get things wrong sometimes - shock. Do you think there were any Hearts players who weren't desperate to get to a Cup Final?

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Loads of things could have been done better at the first goal (and the second) - we made a lot of bad decisions during the game, and often executed things badly too, but why some people feel the need to put this down to "lack of effort" is beyond me. Footballers get things wrong sometimes - shock. Do you think there were any Hearts players who weren't desperate to get to a Cup Final?

Bang on

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Obviously not quite desperate enough. I did watch an Aberdeen side that were desperate to get there. 

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

At no point on Sunday did I feel we could win that game after conceding the early goal. If others did, then fair enough. 

Some people are wired like that, I guess! I've seen Hearts performances over the years where I've thought we'll never score if we play all day - Sunday wasn't one of those. We could and should have scored on several occasions.