When we play Rangers last day of the season.

mellors1874

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

The one big thing we had over them was their failure to win the Scottish Cup for over 113 years. That Hearts fans are happy we no longer have that is bizarre. But hey, Sevco and zombies and stuff.....

We have much more over them than that, Sir. But I get your point. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• dannymack

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jim_Duncan

Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

We have much more over them than that, Sir. But I get your point. 

I did say BIG thing. We have many smaller things.

the posh bit
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

I did say BIG thing. We have many smaller things.

You don't think beating them in a cup final 5-1 isn't the BIGGEST thing ever? 

9 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

You don't think beating them in a cup final 5-1 isn't the BIGGEST thing ever? 

Of course. And it was great having it over them (we always will) but it's been tarnished a wee bit with them winning it.

the posh bit
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Of course. And it was great having it over them (we always will) but it's been tarnished a wee bit with them winning it.

That's just entitled nonsense. 

20 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

That's just entitled nonsense. 

JKB buzzword.😁

martoon
25 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Of course. And it was great having it over them (we always will) but it's been tarnished a wee bit with them winning it.

sheldon-tbbt.gif.87e0f8747e9c4080bfbaca2e2c41ee30.gif

dannymack
11 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

As long as the Sevco zombies persist in the pantomime of them still being the same team as pre 2012, then I want them to win bugger all! I'd rather Hibs win the title than them, and yes I wanted both to lose that cup final, but preferred Hibs to be the winners. 

FFS !!!!!  Were you one of the so-called Hearts fans in the pub in Livingston that cheered every Hibs goal (4) against Glasgow Rangers whilst we watched it on the screen awaiting for our game to kick off at Almondvale back in December 2014 ?

" **** You Hibees we're gonna win the league "

dannymack
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Who’s pretending?

I cannot fathom how anyone wants Hibs to win trophies. How many Hearts games have to actually been to?

If you ever do fathom that one out please do let me know and explain to me in simpleton terms so I can even begin to understand.   👌🏻

the posh bit
27 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

JKB buzzword.😁

It was the most civil response I had. 

6 minutes ago, dannymack said:

FFS !!!!!  Were you one of the so-called Hearts fans in the pub in Livingston that cheered every Hibs goal (4) against Glasgow Rangers whilst we watched it on the screen awaiting for our game to kick off at Almondvale back in December 2014 ?

Glasgow Rangers weren't playing any football in 2014.

Edited by the posh bit

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Has it ****. 

Jim_Duncan
39 minutes ago, dannymack said:

If you ever do fathom that one out please do let me know and explain to me in simpleton terms so I can even begin to understand.   👌🏻

I honestly don’t think anyone would ever be able to explain that one away.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Who’s pretending?

I cannot fathom how anyone wants Hibs to win trophies. How many Hearts games have to actually been to?

I’m not doing this argument yet again, not the thread for it, aside from wondering why TF anyone cares what Hearts fans wanted back then. It’s not like we got a vote in it.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Sorry, but who are “Glasgow Rangers”?  Never been a team by that name play in the Scottish league so why do you refer to them as that?

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Sorry, but who are “Glasgow Rangers”?  Never been a team by that name play in the Scottish league so why do you refer to them as that?

Don't be calling Hearts "Hearts" or Hibs "Hibs". There's never been a team by those names play in the Scottish league. And whatever you do, don't call Hamilton Academicals "Hamilton Accies". 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Don't be calling Hearts "Hearts" or Hibs "Hibs". There's never been a team by those names play in the Scottish league. And whatever you do, don't call Hamilton Academicals "Hamilton Accies". 

And there he is!  Defender of all things Hun.  

I think you’ll find that those you referred to are nicknames.  You know, shortened versions of the actual names.  Funnily enough happens in England too.  

But perhaps you can explain why the name of a city is added on to a team’s proper name to make it longer rather than abbreviate it into a nickname like “Gers”?  Can’t think of anyone that does this.  Oh wait a minute, don’t the older Hun fans tend to do this affectionately towards their own team? 🤔

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Steven Gerrard's Glasgow Rangers. Lol.

Indeed.  I can see one or two on here with that on a half and half scarf.  🤢 

To be fair that was a media thing and it was always just  “Steven Gerrard’s Rangers”. 

Anyway whatever the bigoted f*ckwits call themselves let’s end this embarrassing run against them.  Would love to beat them if they come to Tynie needing a win or draw to win the league, 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

54 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think you’ll find that those you referred to are nicknames.  You know, shortened versions of the actual names.  Funnily enough happens in England too.  

But perhaps you can explain why the name of a city is added on to a team’s proper name to make it longer rather than abbreviate it into a nickname like “Gers”?  Can’t think of anyone that does this.  Oh wait a minute, don’t the older Hun fans tend to do this affectionately towards their own team? 🤔

Never really read that. Try and keep it original.👍

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Never really read that. Try and keep it original.👍

Ditto 👍

You or your mate could maybe answer my question though?

dannymack
4 hours ago, the posh bit said:

It was the most civil response I had. 

Glasgow Rangers weren't playing any football in 2014.

😄😉👍

dannymack
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I honestly don’t think anyone would ever be able to explain that one away.

243953_800px.jpg

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, dannymack said:

😄😉👍

As I said they’ve never ever been called that, pre or post liquidation.  So why do you refer to them as that like a starry eyed fan?  

dannymack
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

As I said they’ve never ever been called that, pre or post liquidation.  So why do you refer to them as that like a starry eyed fan?  

Like a Starry eyed mini fan you mean ...😄

dannymack
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The Glasgow Rangers, The Teddy Bears.

s-l1200.webp

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, dannymack said:

The Glasgow Rangers, The Teddy Bears.

s-l1200.webp

Trolling is against forum rules Danny, I’m sure you know that.  I don’t think you’re one of them so that only leaves the other reason.  😉

Watt-Zeefuik

Because some folks apparently still have their heads bent about that cup final that didn't involve us . . .

Folk all over this board talk about wanting to close the gap with the OF. At the time of that cup final, the gap had never been smaller. Rangers were skint. Celtic were pinching pennies knowing they could win the league without spending any money.

Had Rangers won that cup final, they would have had access to Europa groups and would have spent big to get there, re-opening the gap between our ability to compete and theirs. Losing kept them skint and opened a window wide for us to finish second and get a bit closer to Celtic.

Hibs winning kept that window open but we utterly ****ed it with Cathro. We had a golden chance to get a couple of second place finishes and build up our advantages and we shat it. But at the time, it was still a very real possibility that we'd see it out.

Compare that with worrying about the wee neighbors getting one little cup after a century of futility would somehow diminish us. That's small man syndrome. We're Hearts. Who gives a **** what Hibs win, they still don't have anywhere near our cups.

It would have been even better had Rangers not beat Celtic in that semi-final, the Rangers board hadn't nosed up the Celtic board in the Hampden box suites, Deila the Mediocre had stayed in charge, and we'd have really had a chance to close the gap. Ah, if, if, if.

In summary, **** Rangers, **** Celtic, **** Hibs, and **** Ian Cathro.

Hmfc1965
3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Because some folks apparently still have their heads bent about that cup final that didn't involve us . . .

Folk all over this board talk about wanting to close the gap with the OF. At the time of that cup final, the gap had never been smaller. Rangers were skint. Celtic were pinching pennies knowing they could win the league without spending any money.

Had Rangers won that cup final, they would have had access to Europa groups and would have spent big to get there, re-opening the gap between our ability to compete and theirs. Losing kept them skint and opened a window wide for us to finish second and get a bit closer to Celtic.

Hibs winning kept that window open but we utterly ****ed it with Cathro. We had a golden chance to get a couple of second place finishes and build up our advantages and we shat it. But at the time, it was still a very real possibility that we'd see it out.

Compare that with worrying about the wee neighbors getting one little cup after a century of futility would somehow diminish us. That's small man syndrome. We're Hearts. Who gives a **** what Hibs win, they still don't have anywhere near our cups.

It would have been even better had Rangers not beat Celtic in that semi-final, the Rangers board hadn't nosed up the Celtic board in the Hampden box suites, Deila the Mediocre had stayed in charge, and we'd have really had a chance to close the gap. Ah, if, if, if.

I give a **** what Hibs win

The ideal is nothing.

That isn't changed by some pie in the sky stuff about them being eternally hopeless if they don't win a cup final in 2016.

That worked out well.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I give a **** what Hibs win

The ideal is nothing.

That isn't changed by some pie in the sky stuff about them being eternally hopeless if they don't win a cup final in 2016.

That worked out well.

Rangers losing in 2016 had the chance to be very good for Hearts. Hibs winning in 2016 meant nothing to Hearts.

I want what's best for Hearts and refuse to spend any time worrying about what's good or bad for Hibs.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Amen

It's a shame we were in such a state and unable to take advantage of the rangers situation.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Rangers losing in 2016 had the chance to be very good for Hearts. Hibs winning in 2016 meant nothing to Hearts.

I want what's best for Hearts and refuse to spend any time worrying about what's good or bad for Hibs.

:robboyas:

Jamhammer
11 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Baws

Jim_Duncan
4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

WADR, you don’t appear to ‘get’ what being a Hearts fan is about. 

Part of having a city rival is to enjoy beating them and revel in their misfortune. What’s best for Hearts is us winning, and if that can’t happen, it’s Hibs losing. 

Watt-Zeefuik
38 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Part of having a city rival is to enjoy beating them and revel in their misfortune. What’s best for Hearts is us winning, and if that can’t happen, it’s Hibs losing. 

I love beating Hibs in the derby. But we weren’t involved that day and a different result was more beneficial for Hearts.

dannymack
12 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Exactly...

" A Hearts failure is a Hibs success "

Jim_Duncan
12 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I love beating Hibs in the derby. But we weren’t involved that day and a different result was more beneficial for Hearts.

Hibs picking up silverware is never beneficial for Hearts. You can justify it by talking about Europe and budgets, but when push comes to shove, seeing happy flumps swaggering about Edinburgh celebrating a cup win (and having knocked us out by coming back from 0-2 en route to doing so), isn’t a positive outcome. 

I hate Rangers* as much as the next man, but will take them and their loathesome fans celebrating a cup win over the junkie mob from Lochend doing so any day of the week. 

It’s not Stockholm syndrome or any other psychobabble you wish to mash into your keyboard; it’s about footballing passion. Some get it, some don’t. 

*unless the next man is @dannymack 😇:joker:

On 24/04/2024 at 23:33, Sir PH said:

Absolute garbage. 

Well to be remotely credible you have to able to explain yourself, saying absolute garbage and nothing else to qualify it is talking and saying absolutely nothing.

On 26/04/2024 at 05:49, Jim_Duncan said:

Who’s pretending?

Totally agree, utterly despite everything Hibernian and never ,ever,could want them to win anything.

dannymack
12 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hibs picking up silverware is never beneficial for Hearts. You can justify it by talking about Europe and budgets, but when push comes to shove, seeing happy flumps swaggering about Edinburgh celebrating a cup win (and having knocked us out by coming back from 0-2 en route to doing so), isn’t a positive outcome. 

I hate Rangers* as much as the next man, but will take them and their loathesome fans celebrating a cup win over the junkie mob from Lochend doing so any day of the week. 

It’s not Stockholm syndrome or any other psychobabble you wish to mash into your keyboard; it’s about footballing passion. Some get it, some don’t. 

*unless the next man is @dannymack 😇:joker:

c16b0b7087905776c24465c2ac88fef4.jpg

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Well to be remotely credible you have to able to explain yourself, saying absolute garbage and nothing else to qualify it is talking and saying absolutely nothing.

Sometimes that's the only words required. No explanation needed.

23 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Sometimes that's the only words required. No explanation needed.

Actually explanation is always required, you have none, talking and saying nothing. Go for it.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Actually explanation is always required, you have none, talking and saying nothing. Go for it.

Ok. Ross County had a game plan and it worked. Game plans don't always work, but on this occasion, it did. Nothing at all to do with luck. Therefore, you were talking garbage. 

20 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Ok. Ross County had a game plan and it worked. Game plans don't always work, but on this occasion, it did. Nothing at all to do with luck. Therefore, you were talking garbage. 

Yeah? So they have a game plan to beat Rangers, so given it's not luck they're going to do it again, with your logic. You go bet on them for that next beating they give Rangers with their plan, which will be the second in their history. They should have come up with that plan years ago.  😉

12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yeah? So they have a game plan to beat Rangers, so given it's not luck they're going to do it again, with your logic. You go bet on them for that next beating they give Rangers with their plan, which will be the second in their history. They should have come up with that plan years ago.  😉

Were we lucky when we beat Celtic at Parkhead in December? 

Just now, Sir PH said:

Were we lucky when we beat Celtic at Parkhead in December? 

I would probably say yes, if it were comparable which it isn't. Hearts aren't bottom 6 relegation material, and it wasn't the first win over Celtic in the history of the club. 😉

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I would probably say yes, if it were comparable which it isn't. Hearts aren't bottom 6 relegation material, and it wasn't the first win over Celtic in the history of the club. 😉

Okay. We'll leave it there.👍