Shanks and Naysmith

rudeskaboyuk

rudeskaboyuk

Imagine we had had those two as a strike force. 

Naysmith would have been the perfect foil for Shankland. 

Bazzas right boot

Ronaldo or Messi would have been perfect foil.

JamboAl
2 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

He was a left back.

doctor jambo

Yes, a £10 million front pairing would be excellent.

We could have our best ever 11 and they still wouldn't beat rangers at hampden.

BackOfTheNet

Imagine Simms and Shankland. Simms scoring another semi final goal yesterday, this time at Wembley.

Sleepy head

I really,really miss Ginnely. I thought him and Shankland looked so good together.  Vargas though promising (Totally shocking yesterday) doesn't seem to be on the same page as Shanks and his woe at teammates greed or inability to lift the head is showing.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

I really,really miss Ginnely. I thought him and Shankland looked so good together.  Vargas though promising (Totally shocking yesterday) doesn't seem to be on the same page as Shanks and his woe at teammates greed or inability to lift the head is showing.

Exactly.
The manager and others seems to want a similar player to himself alongside Shankland when the evidence shows that hes better with a quick striker ahead of him. 

chrystaf
28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Imagine Simms and Shankland. Simms scoring another semi final goal yesterday, this time at Wembley.

Yes, the dream duo.  So should we go for a Simmilar type of player?  But if Shanks moves on then what next? 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Yes, the dream duo.  So should we go for a Simmilar type of player?  But if Shanks moves on then what next? 

Wouldn't mind going down that level of loan route again, but to be honest while Shankland is here, no one else is getting a game ahead of him. They won’t even get on as a sub, they’d be only getting games if he’s injured or suspended.

TallPaul
1 hour ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Naysmith was a left back 

chrystaf
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wouldn't mind going down that level of loan route again, but to be honest while Shankland is here, no one else is getting a game ahead of him. They won’t even get on as a sub, they’d be only getting games if he’s injured or suspended.

But I was thinking of someone to play with him such a a Gino.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He was a left back.

2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Naysmith was a left back 

You’re late again, Paul.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The manager doesn’t want to play a quick striker beside or ahead of  Shankland unfortunately, would rather have Boyce/Lowry/Grant/Fraser/Hoff/Devlinetc who have all played behind him at times this season without a hell of a lot of success. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I don’t think we looked at a replacement for him, although we got Vargas and Tagawa we rarely play them as we did with Gino.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

I’m more thinking of a strike partner, in the Simms mould

BackOfTheNet
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The manager doesn’t want to play a quick striker beside or ahead of  Shankland unfortunately, would rather have Boyce/Lowry/Grant/Fraser/Hoff/Devlinetc who have all played behind him at times this season without a hell of a lot of success. 

Shankland is with us because he lacks pace. If he had that he’d be playing in the elite leagues. Just don’t think it’s enough to rely on wing pace alone. It’s a difficult puzzle to piece together it seems.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep, strange that we signed two, Vargas and Tagawa, but neither seem to play in that position, or even play at all in one case. 

5 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

May as well join in -  

A left-back as perfect foil for a centre forward?

:wow:

1971fozzy

im pretty sure the manager hadlooked for such a player but unfortunately they don’t grow on trees and are difficult to sign especially in January. 

RustyRightPeg

Amazes me how many folk cannot spell players names. 

Mackay, Naysmith, Lowery, George Grant. 

Incredible. Names are on the shirts. Just look at them. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Amazes me how many folk cannot spell players names. 

Mackay, Naysmith, Lowery, George Grant. 

Incredible. Names are on the shirts. Just look at them. 

Does it amaze you, aye?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

im pretty sure the manager hadlooked for such a player but unfortunately they don’t grow on trees and are difficult to sign especially in January. 

We have two and he rarely plays them ahead of Shankland up top, when he does we play better and create chances. With the players we currently have and those signed for next season we look like we are going with a slow 10 behind Shankland and possession based play. Not quick balls behind defences to help stretch the game to create space. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Shankland is with us because he lacks pace. If he had that he’d be playing in the elite leagues. Just don’t think it’s enough to rely on wing pace alone. It’s a difficult puzzle to piece together it seems.

Of course. Not for me, play a Simms/Gino/Vargas/Tagawa ahead of him and let him exploit the space behind them when the stretch the defence in behind. 
When hes up top teams squeeze the game and restrict the space we try to play in. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, strange that we signed two, Vargas and Tagawa, but neither seem to play in that position, or even play at all in one case. 

We had to find something to agree on eventually 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Morgan said:

May as well join in -  

A left-back as perfect foil for a centre forward?

:wow:

Sounds like a Robbie type thing 😆

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We had to find something to agree on eventually 👍🏽

👍

1971fozzy
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have two and he rarely plays them ahead of Shankland up top, when he does we play better and create chances. With the players we currently have and those signed for next season we look like we are going with a slow 10 behind Shankland and possession based play. Not quick balls behind defences to help stretch the game to create space. 

maybe we will need to see how it goes this window ? And what happens with Shanklands contract.  Ever evolving but we have money now

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

maybe we will need to see how it goes this window ? And what happens with Shanklands contract.  Ever evolving but we have money now

We have no choice,  but the manager has stated how he wants to play, we have seen it all season and the signings so far seem to indicate more of the same. Trust the process eh?

chrystaf
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think we looked at a replacement for him, although we got Vargas and Tagawa we rarely play them as we did with Gino.

Apart from Tagawa, Naisy seems to favour wide players.  Still think Vargas would be more effective inside rather than out on the wing.  

chrystaf

Surely the latter is the way to unlock the buses that are regularly parked by opposing teams.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Apart from Tagawa, Naisy seems to favour wide players.  Still think Vargas would be more effective inside rather than out on the wing.  

Definitely 

12 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Surely the latter is the way to unlock the buses that are regularly parked by opposing teams.

What teams park the bus against us nowadays? Most teams push up on us as we don’t offer a threat in behind, as much as McKay disappears in huge games we need him to pass the ball to space as he against Livingston. 
We have an average home record because we start so slowly and usually have to change something to get the better of teams. 

1971fozzy

We have no choice,  but the manager has stated how he wants to play, we have seen it all season and the signings so far seem to indicate more of the same. Trust the process eh?

Yes I trust him

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yes I trust him

The only real black mark against him is the results against Rangers, 1 draw and 5 defeats with 15 against and 4 for. The derby’s aren’t great either. Plenty of things to improve on next season. 

Armageddon

Naysmith was a left back.

Anyone who cannot spell our managers name needs help.

SevCo fans singing him a wee song on Sunday, keep that up Zombies, anything to keep him away from you.

1971fozzy
55 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The only real black mark against him is the results against Rangers, 1 draw and 5 defeats with 15 against and 4 for. The derby’s aren’t great either. Plenty of things to improve on next season. 

and I’m sure he will sort that. After all he has secured European group football, the most away wins in yonks, 2 semi finals, 3rd,  beat Celtic home and away, had the longest undefeated league run in yonks.  Not bad at all

Edited by 1971fozzy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

and I’m sure he will sort that. After all he has secured European group football, the most away wins in yonks, 2 semi finals, 3rd,  beat Celtic home and away, had the longest undefeated league run in yonks.  Not bad at all

In his 1st season definitely, far more to come hopefully 🤞.

1971fozzy
52 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Naysmith was a left back.

Anyone who cannot spell our managers name needs help.

SevCo fans singing him a wee song on Sunday, keep that up Zombies, anything to keep him away from you.

indeed. Strange they don’t sing about David Murray, or that clown he sold it to for £1 🤣🤣 but no, sing about an ex player who left them when their EBTs came to the fore etc