Sheep v Septic

Geoff Kilpatrick

1971fozzy
51 minutes ago, Dunks said:

It's a line in their song. Rhymes with Aberdeen apparently 🤷‍♀️

44 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Stand free from bigotry etc...

That should be the operating base level for a functioning human, not drummed out year in year out when your club has been a laughing stock for 30 years on the park....

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It relates to their average attendance. They like to sing advertising that they have a whole stand free, for anyone who wants to be as miserable as the handful of thousands of them that turn up. 

"Stand free, our stadiums empty, there's nae ***** sitting at Pittodrie."

Pretty sure those are the lyrics anyway. 

👍

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, munro9 said:

I actually think we have as much chance of beating Celtic as we would Aberdeen. Aberdeen have good players and would be incredibly motivated with new manager coming in. Celtic will have won the league by then and it’s not a complete off for them for success like it would be Aberdeen. 
The fact that we are gauranteed group stage European football is also a huge bonus ! 

better chance imo. We’ve beaten them twice, home and away and they are not special.  Also, we owe them one.  Like Rangers in 98 sooner or later we are going to beat those ****ers in a final.

against Aberdeen, we’d have been under huge pressure with £6m+ on the line.  Aberdeen would have approached this game cynically, say defended and hit on the break. 

much more comfortable facing Celtic’s. Let’s get there and we will do it 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, jager man said:

Spot on. I grew up in West Lothian in the 80's and didn't have a problem with Hibs fans. Infact I liked them because we both hated the old firm. I then moved to Edinburgh and I probably now hate Hibs more than ever. 

must have been the east of West Lothian becuase in the west of West Lothian they are few and far between 

Super_Hans
3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Thank feck the sheep 🐑 got beat all those wanting them to win really the final is a one off they could have easily won it and condemned our season from brilliant to mediocre and pumped out in a qualifier in Europe 

Exactly. The thought of those mutton molesters stealing our 6 mill and guaranteed 8 European games was unthinkable especially after the end to last season.

I'll happily take my chances against Celtic in the final after their rank performance today. Nothing to fear.

Ministryofdad

Abersellk rode their luck.

Celtic has nothing for long balls into box. 

2nd winners of recycled balls into midfield. 

High press 

The cup final will be the same

To the wings for crosses and goals. 

Unfortunately it's not hearts style since jim jefferies. 

The old run it up the line. Cross. Head back and ping from midfield is lost in modern football. 

We need a Gerrard in midfield. 

Box to box. When it comes to him HIT IT 

leginten
4 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Exactly. The thought of those mutton molesters stealing our 6 mill and guaranteed 8 European games was unthinkable especially after the end to last season.

I'll happily take my chances against Celtic in the final after their rank performance today. Nothing to fear.

Definitely. I think having European group stage football snatched away from us by an inferior Aberdeen team for the second successive year would have been a severe psychological (not to mention financial) blow to the club.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Was it not all because Hart is retiring next month ? They decided to let him bang in the "winner"  ?  

I could maybe understand that if it was the final, and if it wasn’t the deciding penalty kick when an outfield player could’ve taken it, and he wasn’t such a humpty liability *******! But to let him take that spot kick when they did was criminal! 

jager man
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

must have been the east of West Lothian becuase in the west of West Lothian they are few and far between 

Bathgate is decent size with a good few Hibs fans. Lots more Hearts though. Don't know where you mean by west of west lothian. I take it that's Blackridge or Armadale?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
43 minutes ago, jager man said:

Spot on. I grew up in West Lothian in the 80's and didn't have a problem with Hibs fans. Infact I liked them because we both hated the old firm. I then moved to Edinburgh and I probably now hate Hibs more than ever. 

I've been very fortunate in my hatred of hibs that my arch nemesis from high school is a hibs fan. So hating them comes very much naturally. 

Nucky Thompson

When we reach the final, I want to see the return of the Union Jack morphs 

kingantti1874
53 minutes ago, jager man said:

Bathgate is decent size with a good few Hibs fans. Lots more Hearts though. Don't know where you mean by west of west lothian. I take it that's Blackridge or Armadale?

👍🏻

A couple in Bathgate I suppose, stick to my guns that they are very rare, rare enough that first one I knew was actually nicknamed “hibby” . As many Aberdeen fans as hibs fans I’d say 

Edited by kingantti1874

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Thank christ for that! Can't understand why any Hearts fan would want Aberdeen to win and then risk losing out on group stage football next season. 

Done and dusted now, just relax and put on a show tomorrow guys (team and fans)

What a season, no matter the result tomorrow. Nothing to fear from either of the OF! 

If we'd played our semi first and won, I'd have absolutely wanted Aberdeen to win the other semi.  If we're in a final and playing celtic, I reckon our chances of winning it are at best around 20%. Against Aberdeen I'd say they're at least 60%. So we'd be at least three times as likely to win the cup if we're playing Aberdeen. That £5-6m, important as it is, isn't IMO going to make us three times as likely to win a future cup as we'd be without it, so playing Aberdeen with the European position at risk would be the far better option in my view. Of course, we've not actually played, never mind won, our semi yet, so it's a bit of a moot point.  

Montgomery Brewster
4 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

2016 - too far!

Although I know some non Edinburgh based Hearts fans have that feeling but if you live / are born with the rivalry and the way they celebrate 1986 you could never want Hibs to win.

Those who are slightly removed have a different take on things.

**** those vermin *****. I’d get upset if they won at tiddlywinks. ***** 

FTH

tcjambo
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

better chance imo. We’ve beaten them twice, home and away and they are not special.  Also, we owe them one.  Like Rangers in 98 sooner or later we are going to beat those ****ers in a final.

against Aberdeen, we’d have been under huge pressure with £6m+ on the line.  Aberdeen would have approached this game cynically, say defended and hit on the break. 

much more comfortable facing Celtic’s. Let’s get there and we will do it 

I don't agree. Playing either scum club in Glasgow on their own patch with those refs is difficult.  Playing a club with similar outlook, but who are miles behind us is less challenging.

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Is there not some bizarre rule that if you plant your foot between a player and the ball when they are trying to kick the ball and they kick you it’s a free kick to them.

I seem to remember this from a previous match with a similar incident.

There was.

It happened in the first Old Firm game. Dessers got ahead of Welsh (I think) when Welsh swung his leg to get the ball, Dessers scored but it was chalked off, the reason given was what you have said.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I don't agree. Playing either scum club in Glasgow on their own patch with those refs is difficult.  Playing a club with similar outlook, but who are miles behind us is less challenging.

Yeah, beating celtic is far harder than beating Aberdeen,  celtic are a much better side than Aberdeen.

It's not a debate.

It's just a fact, but at least the pressure is of in terms of the European windfall.

Us V Aberdeen in the final would have been  one of the biggest games ever, massive pressure and relying on rangers to beat them should we go out would have made the final far more interesting for us than I'd have liked!

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

We could lose our last 5 games and still finish 3rd. Relax!

I am thoroughly relaxed, just the usual 5-0 trumpets.

Madjambo21
3 hours ago, dsk1210 said:

Pretty sure it was a free kick at the edge of the box and Cochrane was giving a red card for stopping an opportunity at goal, which they then scored from.

Cochrane would not have got sent off if the penalty had been giving.

You might be thinking of the game at tyncastle at the end of last season with Maeda.

We got beat 4 1 at start of season and kyogo lunged in front of the ball and got a pen.

I'd upload it from YouTube but don't fancy watching those highlights 

dsk1210

My mind is less agile nowadays, please excuse my incompetence on the matter involved!

24 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

You might be thinking of the game at tyncastle at the end of last season with Maeda.

We got beat 4 1 at start of season and kyogo lunged in front of the ball and got a pen.

I'd upload it from YouTube but don't fancy watching those highlights 

4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They should change the rules, because it's absolutely ridiculous that you can be rewarded with European group stage football for winning a domestic cup. Surely it has to be earned over 38 games? 

No, disagree.

Finishing third in a competition is not bigger than winning a competition.

It's not like winning the Scottish Cup is easy. If it was we'd be winning it more regularly.

It'd be frustrating finishing third and losing out on European group stage football to a cup winner, but we have that same opportunity to win the cup, so where's the unfairness?

Arthur Morgan
32 minutes ago, GC81 said:

No, disagree.

Finishing third in a competition is not bigger than winning a competition.

It's not like winning the Scottish Cup is easy. If it was we'd be winning it more regularly.

It'd be frustrating finishing third and losing out on European group stage football to a cup winner, but we have that same opportunity to win the cup, so where's the unfairness?

Nah, I can't agree. You can get lucky in a cup run, you can't get lucky over 38 games. How many games to win the Scottish Cup? 5? I would have been raging if Aberdeen won it this year when they certainly don't deserve European football. They have been shite for the vast majority of the season. 

6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They should change the rules, because it's absolutely ridiculous that you can be rewarded with European group stage football for winning a domestic cup. Surely it has to be earned over 38 games? 

When the Europa League was introduced it replaced the old European Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup.  The ECWC was always viewed as being more prestigious than the UEFA Cup, hence more weight given to the domestic cup winners than league also rans.  Off course these days a lot of league also rans qualify for the Champions League.

No Idle Talk

If Aberdeen can push Celtic that hard, we can beat Rangers. Simple as that. Let's go and do it.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Watch Anthony Gordon at Newcastle where he does it on an almost weekly basis. Perfected the art of coming in on a defender's blind side just as he's swinging to clear the ball and plants his leg in front so he gets kicked. Makes no effort to actually contest the ball.

That's what is concerning me because currently a loophole

Holt - Boyce & Maeda - Cochrane plus the hibby - Cochrane in the wee lee punch game

They are trying to force something for nothing and it's unsporting in nature

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, jambopilms said:

We haven't beaten Rangers yet therefore you missed the Aberdeen v Rangers for cup and European money option. I don't like that option.

Damn decent chance sheep beat zombies

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If we'd played our semi first and won, I'd have absolutely wanted Aberdeen to win the other semi.  If we're in a final and playing celtic, I reckon our chances of winning it are at best around 20%. Against Aberdeen I'd say they're at least 60%. So we'd be at least three times as likely to win the cup if we're playing Aberdeen. That £5-6m, important as it is, isn't IMO going to make us three times as likely to win a future cup as we'd be without it, so playing Aberdeen with the European position at risk would be the far better option in my view. Of course, we've not actually played, never mind won, our semi yet, so it's a bit of a moot point.  

Na, our baws in a guillotine or sheep out of the picture; absolute no-brainer

tiger Rudi
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Will agree to disagree then. Aberdeen have under-preformed this season, but have a decent squad, beating us up there remember. No guarantee we would beat them. The pressure would have been immense if playing the sheep in the final. Or watching them scud Rangers wud have completely ruined what's been a terrific season for us. 

The euro money on its own doesn't change much, it's doing it year after year that will have an effect long term. Eventually, the gap between us and the rest would increase. 

Who knows, one year we might even get a wee run going in Europe. 

Any success in Europe, however small, brings the profile of Hearts up, giving us more chance of bringing a higher calibre of player to Tynie.

A cup win is obviously great for the club and the fans, we just need to make sure we beat both sides of the OF to do it. It can be done. 

Going in hope today, but going to enjoy the occasion, in the full knowledge we are almost over the line in 3rd, and our biggest rivals Aberdeen, (excluding Hibs of course) have nowt to look forward to for yet another season. 

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Na, our baws in a guillotine or sheep out of the picture; absolute no-brainer

Fair enough, if a few million quid means more to you than a far better chance of actually winning a cup (and getting that few million anyway), you're perfectly entitled to that view.  For me, 1998,2012 and 2006 cup wins are, in that order, my three best Hearts supporting events, by more country miles than you can shake a stick at.  If finishing 3rd while sevco won the cup tops those for you, that's absolutely fine!

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

Fair enough, if a few million quid means more to you than a far better chance of actually winning a cup (and getting that few million anyway), you're perfectly entitled to that view.  For me, 1998,2012 and 2006 cup wins are, in that order, my three best Hearts supporting events, by more country miles than you can shake a stick at.  If finishing 3rd while sevco won the cup tops those for you, that's absolutely fine!

I've already posted that today is our final; we'll win the Big Cup if we win today

Playing the mhanks will be far less stressful and I'm sure a lot of Hearts Fans would be at genuine danger levels of stress if we played the sheep for those stakes

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I've already posted that today is our final; we'll win the Big Cup if we win today

Playing the mhanks will be far less stressful and I'm sure a lot of Hearts Fans would be at genuine danger levels of stress if we played the sheep for those stakes

Totally agree

Europe is done and we can now concentrate on winning the Cup

Stress free. 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

Japan Jambo
12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

What is this ‘stand free’ pish that Aberdeen have on their social media ? What does it even mean ?

Perhaps it's a homage to Cormack park?

Gundermann

Glad Dons are out as it benefits us but how TF did they not get a penalty in ET?

Powers that be wanting both cheeks in the final?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Glad Dons are out as it benefits us but how TF did they not get a penalty in ET?

Powers that be wanting both cheeks in the final?

They were gifted 3rd last year; not sure a team is allowed 2 in a row

7 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Nah, I can't agree. You can get lucky in a cup run, you can't get lucky over 38 games. How many games to win the Scottish Cup? 5? I would have been raging if Aberdeen won it this year when they certainly don't deserve European football. They have been shite for the vast majority of the season. 

But you have to beat everyone to win the Scottish Cup. Finishing third, there are two teams you finished behind, maybe miles behind.

Do we rank fourth ahead of winning the cup too? Or fifth?

When fans rank the success their club has, I don't see them counting the third place finishes, they count cup wins.

Ricardo Quaresma

Aye, we'd choose 3rd instead of the Cup, right enough, when it brings the same prize of GS Football

Deary me

Fozzyonthefence
8 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

If Aberdeen had won the Cup they would have deserved the European spot.  Just like any team winning the Cup deserved to go into the old Cup Winners Cup.  There’s no open top bus parades for finishing 3rd.

5th in the league is also over 38 games.  Does a shitty 5th place finish deserve more than a cup win too?  Where do you draw the line?  I think it’s fine as it is. 

Just saw this, and its hard not to agree with the Dons fan here. What the actual **** is Roos doing? Penalties are a stomach churning process for players, so to slow things down before his OWN player - and a young laddie at that, is due to take his penalty is genuinely outragous. Doesn't matter if your leg is hanging off, limp to the side and let the youngster take his penalty without the added stress and overthinking that the wait he's caused causes!!

An absolute idiot :lol: Go down with the cramp before Celtic take theirs, and its actually a worthwhile bit of indirect gamesman ship. 

What a *****. 

Gundermann
36 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just saw this, and its hard not to agree with the Dons fan here. What the actual **** is Roos doing? Penalties are a stomach churning process for players, so to slow things down before his OWN player - and a young laddie at that, is due to take his penalty is genuinely outragous. Doesn't matter if your leg is hanging off, limp to the side and let the youngster take his penalty without the added stress and overthinking that the wait he's caused causes!!

An absolute idiot :lol: Go down with the cramp before Celtic take theirs, and its actually a worthwhile bit of indirect gamesman ship. 

What a *****. 

Roos has been a carcrash for Dons at times this season. Chidi there spot on.

11 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Roos has been a carcrash for Dons at times this season. Chidi there spot on.

Absolutely. An experienced keeper too.. absolutely shocking. 

Good thread to read which asks some searching questions about Aberdeens penalty being dismissed. Doesn't look like the referee followed the correct process with VAR and it seemed to be being used as a safety net for Celtic. 

Tommy Brown

Sorry if already discussed.

Preston on the radio talking about Henry's penalty miss at Dens.

Said he took them in training and always smashed in the top left with next to no run up.

1. He said Henry hit the bar and post corner

2. Jordan was the manager and doubted Henry, but no one else was volunteering.

My memory tells the ball nearly lft the ground at the Hearts end.

Was Jordan the manager? Jeffries surely.

14 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Wanted Aberdeen to win as i despise the other 2 and the destruction they have caused ruining the game North of the border. Do i care that they lost, not a jot.

For all the fag packet accountants and the experts on Football manager, which team got the much sought after £5m Europa Conference cash this season & how did that pan out  😉

They certainly didn't cope with the twin demands at all, and I firmly believe Cormack is a narcissist who gets in the way of them doing well. 

That said, they won't have the distraction of Europe next season and the UEFA money comes in at the end of the season so that should improve them unless they spent it in advance?

August Landmesser
15 hours ago, tian447 said:

It relates to their average attendance. They like to sing advertising that they have a whole stand free, for anyone who wants to be as miserable as the handful of thousands of them that turn up. 

"Stand free, our stadiums empty, there's nae ***** sitting at Pittodrie."

Pretty sure those are the lyrics anyway. 

😁

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sorry if already discussed.

Preston on the radio talking about Henry's penalty miss at Dens.

Said he took them in training and always smashed in the top left with next to no run up.

1. He said Henry hit the bar and post corner

2. Jordan was the manager and doubted Henry, but no one else was volunteering.

My memory tells the ball nearly lft the ground at the Hearts end.

Was Jordan the manager? Jeffries surely.

think your right Tommy, I recall it clearing the away support..  I got chucked out for throwing my programme at the Dundee directors when he missed 🤣

Edited by kingantti1874

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

think your right Tommy, I recall it clearing the away support..  I got chucked out for throwing my programme at the Dundee directors when he missed 🤣

I was in the back of the stand, magic Johnston sitting behind me with a couple of others. Can't remember who though.

But they all joined with the hello hello song after we qualified 4-4. :naughty:

colinmaroon

If we had got Aberdeen in the final, we would have lost.  They can raise their game.

theshed
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If we had got Aberdeen in the final, we would have lost.  They can raise their game.

As I said yesterday thank god Celtic won as I wouldn’t trust this Rangers team to beat Aberdeen in the final. Would have been a long 5 weeks or so waiting to know if we had group stage football 

Arthur Morgan
17 hours ago, RobNox said:

When the Europa League was introduced it replaced the old European Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup.  The ECWC was always viewed as being more prestigious than the UEFA Cup, hence more weight given to the domestic cup winners than league also rans.  Off course these days a lot of league also rans qualify for the Champions League.

10 hours ago, GC81 said:

But you have to beat everyone to win the Scottish Cup. Finishing third, there are two teams you finished behind, maybe miles behind.

Do we rank fourth ahead of winning the cup too? Or fifth?

When fans rank the success their club has, I don't see them counting the third place finishes, they count cup wins.

9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If Aberdeen had won the Cup they would have deserved the European spot.  Just like any team winning the Cup deserved to go into the old Cup Winners Cup.  There’s no open top bus parades for finishing 3rd.

5th in the league is also over 38 games.  Does a shitty 5th place finish deserve more than a cup win too?  Where do you draw the line?  I think it’s fine as it is. 

I'm not for one second saying I prefer a 3rd placed finish over winning the Scottish Cup 😅 Although I still don't agree that winning the cup should mean you get to Europe. I was too young to know much about the CWC tbf, maybe I would have a different view on it if I was a bit older.