Sheep v Septic

Geoff Kilpatrick

Vic Vespa
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I just about wanted Celtic to win given what’s at stake but despite that I have never wanted a player (in a match not involving Hearts or Scotland) to miss a penalty more than Joe Hart. 

One of the biggest tossers ever to play football. An absolute ***** of a man. 

I would have been happy with Aberdeen missing their last penalty as long as it skelped Hart in the napper and knocked him spark out 😀

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heatonjambo
29 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The ref was bent as F'k I know it makes no difference to the result but at the Aberdeen pen he never gave he played on and then only when he had to give a pen went back to a non foul and gave a foul. He should have blown for the pen and left VAR to decide if there had ben a foul before the pen. It was so blatant it was embarrassing . At the other end of the ground that is a defo pen end of. This is what were are going to be up against tomorrow sadly even if we play well the ref will have massive input into hwat the final result is.

It was appalling 

jock _turd
3 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It’s the kind of thing that, one day, is going to lead to me just walking out the stadium and giving up on the whole racket. 

It was not a foul and he never blew for the foul but when the definite penalty arrived he shat it and back peddled to an incident that was not a foul??? Even the commentators saw what had happened and questioned the decision... sadly this is what every team outwith the uglies has to compete against. Strap yourself in for our turn tomorrow.

jock _turd
10 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Is there not some bizarre rule that if you plant your foot between a player and the ball when they are trying to kick the ball and they kick you it’s a free kick to them.

I seem to remember this from a previous match with a similar incident.

What you have the ball a defender kicks you and its a foul to them? Let's be clear the ref was at it he gave a foul for the incident involving two players who jumped for a high ball ,which niether of the two got near, because he was going to have to give a penalty to the sheep.

Edited by jock _turd

mikey51
7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

It was not a foul and he never blew for the foul but when the definite penalty arrived he shat it and back peddled to an incident that was not a foul??? Even the commentators saw what had happened and questioned the decision... sadly this is what every team outwith the uglies has to compete against. Strap yourself in for our turn tomorrow.

This will be our major problem tomorrow. The sfa, sky, bbc and all the other weegia will want a rancid ceptic final. We will be seen a an obstacle to the wonderful day in May! 

WorldChampions1902
28 minutes ago, IanF86 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but i assume we have European football til xmas wrapped up now? 

Mathematically, no. Realistically, yes.

Get yer passport out and start looking forward to some great trips and a minimum £5m hitting our coffers. Which will also entice a few more exciting signings between now and then.

I’m tempering my celebrations with the fact that the momentum of course remains with the Vermin.

:verysmug:

August Landmesser
25 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Is there not some bizarre rule that if you plant your foot between a player and the ball when they are trying to kick the ball and they kick you it’s a free kick to them.

feels like that should be obstruction

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Mathematically, no. Realistically, yes.

Get yer passport out and start looking forward to some great trips and a minimum £5m hitting our coffers. Which will also entice a few more exciting signings between now and then.

I’m tempering my celebrations with the fact that the momentum of course remains with the Vermin.

:verysmug:

possibility of them getting 15 points from the next five games, beating a load of teams that we don't have a chance of beating this season.... :sob:

Mikey1874
40 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Delighted at the result. Celtic do not scare me at all. European Groups all but assured. Get it right round Aberdeen. Bottom 6 and trophy-less 

20240420_170836.jpg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yep, Steve was some player.

😆👍🏽👏🏾

Madjambo21
28 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Not sure myself but didn't Kyogo get a pen for a similar thing against Cochrane at Tynecastle this season.

Threw his leg in front of Alex and dived to get a pen

john thomas
2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

"Old Firm final would be a great end to the season." There we go, folks. Scottish football summed up in one sentence, piss off.

Who said it ?

tian447

It's not been said enough today. 

What an absolute ****ing tit Joe Hart is. 

What a bunch of ****ing tits Celtic are for allowing it to happen. The decisive penalty to wrap it up, and you let him take it and he makes a ***** of it?

I was torn between wanting the guaranteed European place from Aberdeen losing, and wanting Celtic to completely **** up sudden death after that happened. 

The sheer arrogance of that bunch really ****ing irks me. 

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry mate, don’t get the thinking whatsoever?  We’ll be in Europe, we are probably going to finish our best 3 season run for decades….being best of the rest is on course.  

Why do we exist?  To celebrate a bank balance?  Distance between us , Hibs and Aberdeen means trophies as well as dominating 3rd. 

Ok, we finish 3rd for the next ten years but win **** all , is that all we want?  Hibs and Aberdeen fans could still point to how little the gap is in trophy success. 

Status is winning trophies and growing along with it and all the other things that supplement it.  

I can remember the years before 1998 when almost any teams fans would mock us because we hadn’t won anything for decades but we always shout about how a big club we are. 

The money, if invested wisely in players, year after year, increases the gap between us and the rest. It hopefully also closes the gap just a tad with the other two, leading to more liklihood of cup success and hopefully winning more frequently. 

Couldn't really give a monkeys what fans of other teams think tbh. Europe will provide the financial platform to build from. At least it should. 

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What a bunch of ****ing tits Celtic are for allowing it to happen. The decisive penalty to wrap it up, and you let him take it and he makes a ***** of it?

I was torn between wanting the guaranteed European place from Aberdeen losing, and wanting Celtic to completely **** up sudden death after that happened. 

This in spades, I was desperate for the sheep to go out and couldn’t believe it when Hart stepped up to take a spot kick, I was absolutely raging! Their arrogance knows no bounds! 

Thomaso

Frankly relieved 

Silvery_Moon
2 hours ago, Lambert Simnel said:

Same here. Nor could I have watched a Scottish Cup Final and cheered on The Rangers Football Club Limited to win (I even supported Hibs in the 2016 final as the least worst option, though I probably shouldn't admit that).

2016 - too far!

Although I know some non Edinburgh based Hearts fans have that feeling but if you live / are born with the rivalry and the way they celebrate 1986 you could never want Hibs to win.

Those who are slightly removed have a different take on things.

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

A team works it arse off to get to Europe, gets pumped then fans say "ach get back to domestic fitba we're no ready for this" seen it countless times, zero ambition 

Exactly this. The only way we get better in Europe is to be there. Year after year. We learn as we go, banking the money, investing in players. 

What I like most about this season is Naismith has been able to instil a winning mentality away from home. Our ability to set up the team to be tactically aware away from Tynie has been dreadful in recent years.

If he can replicate that abroad, with even a little success, we will have shown improvement and heading in the right direction. 

Punks No Deid
22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I agree with this - arrogant Malcolm Tucker

Arthur Morgan
24 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Who said it ?

That tit of a presenter, Jonathan Sutherland.

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Yes. Think it happened twice in quick succession, but like you I can't remember the details. 

SMJ_1874
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hmm, nup, 8

We go straight into the playoffs for Europa league home and away so initially 2 games. If we win and qualify then it’s a further 8 games. If we lose then it’s 6 games in the conference league.  So it could be 10 or 8 in total depending on how we get on in the playoffs. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

#!bs fans in absolute turmoil during the game. Praying Aberdeen could beat their old feeder club. Keeping their hopes alive that we wouldn’t have automatic European league games. Well when you finish bottom 6 you don’t gat a say in what we do.

GIRFUYHL.

Edited by HeartsandonlyHearts

Fxxx the SPFL

Thank feck the sheep 🐑 got beat all those wanting them to win really the final is a one off they could have easily won it and condemned our season from brilliant to mediocre and pumped out in a qualifier in Europe 

john thomas
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yes , question should have been 'which tit'

The Goalscoring Knee
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Watch Anthony Gordon at Newcastle where he does it on an almost weekly basis. Perfected the art of coming in on a defender's blind side just as he's swinging to clear the ball and plants his leg in front so he gets kicked. Makes no effort to actually contest the ball.

One five
56 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Let’s hope we make him eat his words tomorrow feckin p###k of a man

132goals1958
51 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Thank feck the sheep 🐑 got beat all those wanting them to win really the final is a one off they could have easily won it and condemned our season from brilliant to mediocre and pumped out in a qualifier in Europe 

A simple question. Play Celtic with a guaranteed pay cheque of over £6 million or a gamble in a one off game against the sheep with all the pressure attached. A no brainier so I am amazed some even deliberated about it.

jambopilms
8 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

A simple question. Play Celtic with a guaranteed pay cheque of over £6 million or a gamble in a one off game against the sheep with all the pressure attached. A no brainier so I am amazed some even deliberated about it.

We haven't beaten Rangers yet therefore you missed the Aberdeen v Rangers for cup and European money option. I don't like that option.

Lambert Simnel
1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

2016 - too far!

Although I know some non Edinburgh based Hearts fans have that feeling but if you live / are born with the rivalry and the way they celebrate 1986 you could never want Hibs to win.

Hmm. That's probably fair - virtually no Hibs supporters where I live, and I moved away from Scotland long enough ago that most of the wounds have healed (still got a fairly bad scar on my forehead, but that's what growing up in East Kilbride does for you).

Oda be a JT

I’ll happily admit that despite feeling dirty for it I was 100% wanting Celtic to win today.

If, big IF, we’re going to win the cup/trophy it would mean beating both of them - unlikely but you never know.

The £5/6m for Europe will help us to become more likely to win one in the coming years, it will also help in solidifying 3rd for years to come…bigger picture and all that.

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We haven't beaten Rangers yet therefore you missed the Aberdeen v Rangers for cup and European money option. I don't like that option.

Getting beat by Rangers will at least ensure a less stressful period between the period leading up to the cup final. Whether we win or lose tomorrow I just wanted Aberdeen out the equation.

Fxxx the SPFL
42 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Getting beat by Rangers will at least ensure a less stressful period between the period leading up to the cup final. Whether we win or lose tomorrow I just wanted Aberdeen out the equation.

Correct answer

1971fozzy

What is this ‘stand free’ pish that Aberdeen have on their social media ? What does it even mean ?

dsk1210
2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Not sure myself but didn't Kyogo get a pen for a similar thing against Cochrane at Tynecastle this season.

Threw his leg in front of Alex and dived to get a pen

Pretty sure it was a free kick at the edge of the box and Cochrane was giving a red card for stopping an opportunity at goal, which they then scored from.

Cochrane would not have got sent off if the penalty had been giving.

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This in spades, I was desperate for the sheep to go out and couldn’t believe it when Hart stepped up to take a spot kick, I was absolutely raging! Their arrogance knows no bounds! 

Was it not all because Hart is retiring next month ? They decided to let him bang in the "winner"  ?  

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

What is this ‘stand free’ pish that Aberdeen have on their social media ? What does it even mean ?

It's a line in their song. Rhymes with Aberdeen apparently 🤷‍♀️

I actually think we have as much chance of beating Celtic as we would Aberdeen. Aberdeen have good players and would be incredibly motivated with new manager coming in. Celtic will have won the league by then and it’s not a complete off for them for success like it would be Aberdeen. 
The fact that we are gauranteed group stage European football is also a huge bonus ! 

Edited by munro9
Missed something

Lone Striker
57 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

I’ll happily admit that despite feeling dirty for it I was 100% wanting Celtic to win today.

If, big IF, we’re going to win the cup/trophy it would mean beating both of them - unlikely but you never know.

The £5/6m for Europe will help us to become more likely to win one in the coming years, it will also help in solidifying 3rd for years to come…bigger picture and all that.

Yeah, I felt guilty too for actually wanting them to win.    They were no great shakes either - loads of misplaced passes (same with the Sheep tbf).   Typical OTT commentary by Liam McLeod for what was a pretty poor game of football.  

GavK1012
17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Stand free from bigotry etc...

That should be the operating base level for a functioning human, not drummed out year in year out when your club has been a laughing stock for 30 years on the park....

Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

It's a line in their song. Rhymes with Aberdeen apparently 🤷‍♀️

Its that daft song they sing to the tune of Lord of the Dance -

Stand free wherever you may be, We are the famous Aberdeen, We don't give a **** whoever you may be, We are the famous Aberdeen

As football fan songs go, its beyond pathetic.    The retort from opposition fans is much better and more accurate - "You're not famous anymore" 😃

MR INCREDIBLE
5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

"Old Firm final would be a great end to the season." There we go, folks. Scottish football summed up in one sentence, piss off.

Never heard this myself but if this was actually said Hearts should demand this little prick is taken to task 🇱🇻

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Faldo said:

10 if you include the playoff round games 👍 only 8 if it's conference league. Either way 💸 

2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

We go straight into the playoffs for Europa league home and away so initially 2 games. If we win and qualify then it’s a further 8 games. If we lose then it’s 6 games in the conference league.  So it could be 10 or 8 in total depending on how we get on in the playoffs. 

The question concerned was 'was there 10 CL group games in 2024 / 2025' or not

UEFA were going to do this, I thought the decision was made, but, no, 8 it is 👍

tian447
44 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It relates to their average attendance. They like to sing advertising that they have a whole stand free, for anyone who wants to be as miserable as the handful of thousands of them that turn up. 

"Stand free, our stadiums empty, there's nae ***** sitting at Pittodrie."

Pretty sure those are the lyrics anyway. 

Edited by tian447

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

100%.

No way I wanted to risk an Aberdeen final. 

Arthur Morgan

They should change the rules, because it's absolutely ridiculous that you can be rewarded with European group stage football for winning a domestic cup. Surely it has to be earned over 38 games? 

Bull's-eye

Wanted Aberdeen to win as i despise the other 2 and the destruction they have caused ruining the game North of the border. Do i care that they lost, not a jot.

For all the fag packet accountants and the experts on Football manager, which team got the much sought after £5m Europa Conference cash this season & how did that pan out  😉

jager man
3 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

2016 - too far!

Spot on. I grew up in West Lothian in the 80's and didn't have a problem with Hibs fans. Infact I liked them because we both hated the old firm. I then moved to Edinburgh and I probably now hate Hibs more than ever.