Kilmarnock next Sat - Ticket/Travel thread

bigdav

1 minute ago, Weebroon98 said:

was so p**ed off on sunday and said i wasn't going to bother going. Ticket bought this morning 😀

Prices? 

Weebroon98
Just now, Sir PH said:

Prices? 

adults £25

students/over 65 £20

under 18 £15

under 16 £8

4 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

adults £25

students/over 65 £20

under 18 £15

under 16 £8

Thanks 👍

soonbe110
20 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Is 50+ points really necessary for this game? We'll struggle to fill the upper tier. 

Don’t think so.  Third place clincher will be popular with fans. Might drop lp number in a couple of days but doubtful. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think so.  Third place clincher will be popular with fans. Might drop lp number in a couple of days but doubtful. 

Third place is done in most fans’ minds. I think there will be a fair bit of apathy towards this game after the let down on Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Third is wrapped up. We're never selling this one out. 

soonbe110
7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Third is wrapped up. We're never selling this one out. 

Will be interesting to see.  Probably most attractive of remaining three away games, not many go to Parkhead, Paisley on a Wed night, almost certainly a meaningless game, won’t be popular.  So, of the three remaining this one will have by far the biggest away support. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Kilmarnock next Sat - Ticket/Travel thread
Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

With the predicted Hearts support, they could open more than one cash gate? 

Police won't allow it would be my guess. Makes them do their real job and we can't have that. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

General sale 10am Wed

Good decision. 

Gives regulars a chance to get their tickets without any problems and then allows for a chance to get a decent sized support 

Initial batch with loyalty points maybe a in tie-in with supporters clubs getting their allocated lot firstly?  Let's the GU get front and centre which is a good thing surely?

Edited by SecN
typo

joondalupjambo
On 21/04/2024 at 06:26, GinRummy said:

Way too early for that imo. There are a lot of OAP’s go to games, some of them might not be comfortable with a fully digital system. 

Oldest 🙂

Also no such thing now as an OAP because you cannae use the word Old 😄

Officially anyone over 60 now is a Senior and trust me nobody ever lets me forget it 😄

You are right though there will be a small number of folk not totally onboard with a digital system but do you concentrate on the 500 in the train happily travelling along or do you worry about the two outside on the road hitch hiking?  

GinRummy
43 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Oldest 🙂

Officially anyone over 60 now is a Senior and trust me nobody ever lets me forget it 😄

You are right though there will be a small number of folk not totally onboard with a digital system but do you concentrate on the 500 in the train happily travelling along or do you worry about the two outside on the road hitch hiking?  

Those old guys cannae be hitch hiking as well surely. 😂

I know what you mean but there’s no rush surely. Not being unkind but the folk not onboard with it are an ever decreasing number. 

been here before
On 20/04/2024 at 21:54, Ministryofdad said:

It's pay at the gate. 

As on the ball as ever.

Peakybunnet
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Oldest 🙂

Is it not over 65 for a senior? Just asking as my season ticket is still full price and am between the two ages

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Is it not over 65 for a senior? Just asking as my season ticket is still full price and am between the two ages

It is at most grounds, including Tynecastle. 

joondalupjambo
14 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Hitting 60 in Government terms means that you can access a range of benefits, including pension credit, free bus passes, reduced train travel etc. and so they started using the word Senior to tie in with that stuff.  Of course they kept the best bit back, your State Pension and that is on an age scale, bummer for a lot of folk.  Then things like clubs, golf and football for example kept things in line with what they wanted to do in relation to how they generate income hence the over 65 for a lot of these fees.  It is interesting with the free bus pass apparently, and I was never aware of this until my older mate told me but there are a lot of outlets like coffee shops, retail etc. that offer 10% discount of you show them your pass.  It might be a local thing but worth checking.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Will be getting ours at 10am. Never been to Rugby Park so been wanting to tick it off and a good time to do so with it being a big (ish) game.

We_are_the_Hearts

Can't see it being a huge crowd, with the semi, Season tickets and a few big games recently reckon some will give it a miss. 

soonbe110
44 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can't see it being a huge crowd, with the semi, Season tickets and a few big games recently reckon some will give it a miss. 

Think a lot more will go to Rugby Park than Parkhead next weekend 

soonbe110

Usual great job by Ticket Office staff and Royal Mail.  Purchased tickets at 10.15 yesterday morning and through letterbox in just under 24 hours.  👏👏👏

soonbe110
49 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Looks like all upper sections sold out.  Only section 8 in lower level currently available. 

We_are_the_Hearts
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Looks like all upper sections sold out.  Only section 8 in lower level currently available. 

Sounds like a good effort so far if all upper have been on sale

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Usual great job by Ticket Office staff and Royal Mail.  Purchased tickets at 10.15 yesterday morning and through letterbox in just under 24 hours.  👏👏👏

Just bought our 4 only gave collection from Tynecastle as option, couple of quick emails later they are now being posted first class.

Really quick replies and great service.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yeh mines are in 8.

This is My Story Podcast

I just bought another 2 tickets, section 8 I got which is the bottom tier behind the goal. Wonder if that means we’ve sold out the top tier bit. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
34 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

So the general sale is on ??

Yes

Cameronstheman
8 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yes

Cheers KJ, ill get 3 on Friday 

dontkillbill
42 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I just bought another 2 tickets, section 8 I got which is the bottom tier behind the goal. Wonder if that means we’ve sold out the top tier bit. 

Not sure if the two end sections have been sold up the top or not. When I went on yesterday lunchtime it was sections 2, 3 and 4 I think.

doctor jambo

Bought mine this morning and promised they will be posted out….

here is hoping 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Bought mine this morning and promised they will be posted out….

here is hoping 

Ordered yesterday, arrived today. 

basscom

Was raging after semi final and vowed not to go to this. 

Bought three tickets yesterday…🤣

colinmorewasgash

Maybe im pessimist but its never over till its over two defeats for the famous on spin and 2 killie wins, its down to 5 with 3 to play tall order maybe but having watched us blow many things over 50 years I won't take anything for granted until its finally sealed. So hopefully a win or at worse draw, anything else and you never know football can always spring surprises.

portobellojambo1
On 20/04/2024 at 20:26, Chuck Berry said:

Thinking of my dodgy knee, Rugby Park seats are a bit tight aren't they?

You are very close to the seat in front at Rugby Park, there isn't much wriggle room.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Chuck Berry
13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

You are very close to the seat in front at Rugby Park, there isn't much wriggle room.

The TO sorted me out with an end of row which will help, although I guess there's a good chance people will be standing anyway.

soonbe110
4 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Maybe im pessimist but its never over till its over two defeats for the famous on spin and 2 killie wins, its down to 5 with 3 to play tall order maybe but having watched us blow many things over 50 years I won't take anything for granted until its finally sealed. So hopefully a win or at worse draw, anything else and you never know football can always spring surprises.

Do you really think Killie will win at Ibrox? 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you really think Killie will win at Ibrox? 

It's very unlikely we will lose third place but I'm not counting my chickens until it is done and dusted. 

willie wallace

Just in case anyone is thinking about going at the last minute tomorrow I just phoned Killie and they said they do not do cash gates anymore.

Not been for a few years. Driving through, any pub lunch type places worth going to? or is just take pot luck in the center of town? 

5 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Just in case anyone is thinking about going at the last minute tomorrow I just phoned Killie and they said they do not do cash gates anymore.

My tickets didn't arrive today, sent an email and got added to a re-print list to collect at Rugby Park from 1pm.

Might be an option for anyone thinking they can't buy due to not being able to get to Tynecastle to collect.

soonbe110
6 hours ago, Texaco said:

Not been for a few years. Driving through, any pub lunch type places worth going to? or is just take pot luck in the center of town? 

Park Hotel at the stadium though it might not have any availability left.