Parking for Sunday

Everybody Loves Baz!

Everybody Loves Baz!

Sister is taking my Nephew through on Sunday and is looking for ideas on where to park?

I usually travelled on our Supporters Bus due to my drinking problem and never really took in where we were :olly:

heartsfc_fan

King Park Avenue is usually fine. 20 mins walk to ground but never had any bother parking there and it's not a sh*ehole don't worry about car getting damaged.

gorgieheart

Park next to Cathcart bowling club, 15-20 minute walk, done several times for Hearts and gigs at Hampden.

Der Kaiser

Ok...here is my pre Hampden routine....which I probably shouldnt share but as I'm still recovering from surgery I cant make the semi.

Tophskis for your pre match food if you're parking south of Hampden.

Yes it will be busy.

Yes the food is great.

I used the "YourParkingSpace" app and secured a place in the Asda car park (across the road from the stadium) for £3 all day

bean counter
1 hour ago, BRY said:

I used the "YourParkingSpace" app and secured a place in the Asda car park (across the road from the stadium) for £3 all day

I thought about that but on previous trips to Hampden the Asda car park has been rammed with folk parking anywhere and everywhere.

1 hour ago, BRY said:

I used 'Just park' and it cost me £11 for Asda, no happy. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Sister is taking my Nephew through on Sunday and is looking for ideas on where to park?

I usually travelled on our Supporters Bus due to my drinking problem and never really took in where we were :olly:

A was the sober one on said supporters bus buddy

2 hours ago, BRY said:

Good App that. I've used it for Hampden before also. Don't remember what I paid but it was around £5 for someone's allocated parking at a nearby apartment.

58 minutes ago, Homme said:

Good App that. I've used it for Hampden before also. Don't remember what I paid but it was around £5 for someone's allocated parking at a nearby apartment.

Yeah, I've used it a few times - good parking at the College car park (if we are on the other side of the stadium)

When in that end always park at Prospecthill Crescent 

kingantti1874

Kings park road or just off is where i go when at this side of hampden.  15/20 min walk in a good area and good to get out 

SMJ_1874

Asda still showing as £3 on the just parking app. Everywhere else nearby ranges from £18.50 - £25 for someone’s driveway. 

soonbe110

try your parking space and look for spaces that are small and only a 10-15 min walk to stadium.  Usually plenty when there’s a game on. 

Newton51

There is a permit scheme around Hampden so make sure you check signs as it does go into kings park 

been here before

Another for Asda on whatever app it was. In theory its free but shelling out less than a 5er saves ignoring the shitey letters for a couple of years

Freaky Dancer

Kings Park avenue, as long as your past Kingslynn drive you'll be outwith the parking zone 👍

Hannibal Lecter
8 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Took me 56 minutes to get out of the Asda car park. Won't be going there again. 

Parked up near Kings Park station - in the car by 5.15pm, up through East Kilbride and back at my home in the centre of Edinburgh by 20 past 6.

Newton51
8 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Took me 56 minutes to get out of the Asda car park. Won't be going there again. 

Handiness sometimes works against you. They need police in their directing traffic

heartsfc_fan
14 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

Parked up near Kings Park station - in the car by 5.15pm, up through East Kilbride and back at my home in the centre of Edinburgh by 20 past 6.

Have been doing exactly the same thing over the years. That location/route works well.

hereford_hearts

Parked outside kings park church. Was supping a pint in the spice lounge and hour and 20 mins after the final whistle. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

Picked up this tip from this thread, it was a good idea. I usually park near Queen's Park, it can be rammed on the way out.