Watching semi final in.... ( updated )

Teddy

cant make Hampden on Sunday due to wife not looking at the calender and booking Berlin for the weekend. Any suggestions for the best sports bar for watching the game on Sunday.

SectionN

Patch the wife & head to Hampden.

(Disclaimer - I am not responsible for any fall out)

Edited by SectionN

• davemclaren changed the title to Watching semi final in.... ( updated )
ArcticJambo

I watched the Bayern Lazio 1st leg game at the Sportsbar Lolly-Pub on the corner of Samariterstraße & Bänschstraße back on Valentines Day. If you're in the old Eastern/Russian section then it might be worth checking out although I've no idea whether they'd even have access to Viaplay or their German equivalent. Six pints of very good Bavarian beer for 23 Euros, seemed a steal to me.

Also, the doners just across teh street at Bistro Samariter were top notch, I ate there a couple of times.  Anyway, whatever you do hiope you manage to see the game and have an unforgettable day. :thumbsup:

Thanks for replies.

I did a google search which came up with Belushi's, Hops and Barley, Schmittz and Cliffs of Dooneen (might give that one a miss)🙂 

After the Dundee result last night i'm feeling confident. Everybody enjoy the day, will be thinking of you.  

TopPanner

Anyone got advice on how to see game in Lara Beach area in Antalya Turkey? Hotel not interested due to English football. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

Jim_Duncan

I'm going to be stuck in a national stadium which is unfit for purpose and offers terrible viewing from all sections. Any recommendations on places to watch the game in the G42 postcode area?

gorgierulesapply88
22 minutes ago, TopPanner said:

Anyone got advice on how to see game in Lara Beach area in Antalya Turkey? Hotel not interested due to English football. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

Head to the centre/bar restaurant they'll have iptv. 

TopPanner
11 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Head to the centre/bar restaurant they'll have iptv. 

No - the hotel say they do not do IPTV and cater only for English games. So our semi final is of no interest whatsoever. Hoping someone might know a sports bar in the area that might cover game.

Selkirk_Jambo
5 hours ago, Teddy said:

Thanks for replies.

I did a google search which came up with Belushi's, Hops and Barley, Schmittz and Cliffs of Dooneen (might give that one a miss)🙂 

After the Dundee result last night i'm feeling confident. Everybody enjoy the day, will be thinking of you.  

Berlin Hearts will be heading to Belushi's (the one at Rosa-Luxemberg, there's two of them in Berlin) an hour or so before kick off. You're more than welcome to join :)

FAO Selkirk Jambo,

Thanks for the invite. Hopefully my mate and I will see lots of Jambos in the pub to cheer on the team. 

mayfield

Melbourne Jambos meeting at Crafty Squire in the city. 

Join the FB page for anyone down here in Melbs if you haven’t already. 
12am Sunday night kickoff in case anyone mucks up the time zones 😆

SectionG
15 hours ago, TopPanner said:

Try the Hayat Restaurant I think it’s called, on the main road behind all the beach front hotels 

Better call Saul

Any suggestions how I can watch it 30 thousand feet up in the air 

We fly out at 3pm and I won't know ANYTHING Until we land 4 phkn hours later .

dhalljambo15
16 hours ago, TopPanner said:

Been told diamonds shisha bar will be showing it gna nip over double check later. Here also

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Better call Saul said:

Who are you flying with?

Check their website.

wifi normally available after 10,000 feet.

I watched the last Hibs semi while crossing the Atlantic.

16 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I'm going to be stuck in a national stadium which is unfit for purpose and offers terrible viewing from all sections. Any recommendations on places to watch the game in the G42 postcode area?

South Upper has excellent views, and North Stand is decent. 

Better call Saul
23 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Who are you flying with?

Check their website.

wifi normally available after 10,000 feet.

I watched the last Hibs semi while crossing the Atlantic.

Interesting 

Jet 2 

tian447
16 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Get the ViaPlay app and watch it on your phone.

The Tackle

I’ll be trying to find a place in Rome showing the game

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, Better call Saul said:

Airplane mode on, purchase WIFI, Fawanews. Sorted :D

Jim_Duncan
17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

South Upper has excellent views, and North Stand is decent. 

I'm in South lower :cry_smile:

Jim_Duncan
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Get the ViaPlay app and watch it on your phone.

I would, but if I see us score on the phone, I don't want to spoil it for the people around me watching the game by letting on.

On the move on London after supporting at the Marathon. Can see it being a frustrating experience, hopefully just from a viewing perspective rather than performance.

Gorgierools
15 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

The highlander will have it

Bit of a dive though 

The Tackle
2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

The highlander will have it

Bit of a dive though 

Cheers, not too bothered if it’s a dive (my local was the Busy Bee when I lived in Edinburgh :lol:

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I'm in South lower :cry_smile:

Not the worst view. I was in there for the 4-0 semi v Hibs in 2006. 

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Cheers, not too bothered if it’s a dive (my local was the Busy Bee when I lived in Edinburgh :lol:

Well your setting the bar low. Used to drink there at dinner time when I worked in the tax offices.

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Scholars Bar on Via del Plebiscito (very close to Piazza Venezia) or Abbey Theatre on Via del Governo Vecchio (just behind Piazza Navona) are normally a good bet and pretty easy to get to - I've often watched games in both over many years (notwithstanding the Hibs scarf on the wall in the latter!) There is an actual Hearts bar in Rome (The Albert) as in run by Jambos, but rarely has Scottish games on the telly. Good bar though and one or two Hearts flags and badges on the walls. 

The White Cockade

i’ll probably be watching at Jak’s Bar in Douglas, Isle of Man

Well hopefully anyway supposed to be working till 5

Everybody Loves Baz!

Flying to Morocco in the morning (Agadir) but not holding out much hope. There's meant to be one British pub in my area and I doubt that'll be showing it. Will be popping in on Saturday Morning to put the feelers out.

The Tackle
10 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Scholars Bar on Via del Plebiscito (very close to Piazza Venezia) or Abbey Theatre on Via del Governo Vecchio (just behind Piazza Navona) are normally a good bet and pretty easy to get to - I've often watched games in both over many years (notwithstanding the Hibs scarf on the wall in the latter!) There is an actual Hearts bar in Rome (The Albert) as in run by Jambos, but rarely has Scottish games on the telly. Good bar though and one or two Hearts flags and badges on the walls. 

Nice one, only a 30 minute walk from the hotel

TopPanner
3 hours ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Been told diamonds shisha bar will be showing it gna nip over double check later. Here also

That sounds promising. Grateful if you could let me know once you have checked it out. Google maps says 10 minutes from my hotel. Cheers

dhalljambo15
1 hour ago, TopPanner said:

That sounds promising. Grateful if you could let me know once you have checked it out. Google maps says 10 minutes from my hotel. Cheers

Manager said he ll get it on as did the steak house two mins along road from there. I’ll be giving it a try as our hotel only showing English game too 👍🏻

highlandjambo3

Anywhere in Benidorm?  Sorry haven’t checked the thread…….lazy barsteward 😁

Sherbet
6 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Think they only show celtic games

TopPanner
2 hours ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Manager said he ll get it on as did the steak house two mins along road from there. I’ll be giving it a try as our hotel only showing English game too 👍🏻

Thanks for your help - great stuff. Hopefully meet you there. Cheers

carrick

Funchal, Madeira - Any one know of any pubs showing game on Sunday. Sports bar next to VidaMar showing English game

Seaside jambo
37 minutes ago, carrick said:

Funchal, Madeira - Any one know of any pubs showing game on Sunday. Sports bar next to VidaMar showing English game

Was in Funchal two years ago and the Hole in one ( golf themed pub) would put the games on for me , the bar along the road and.sorry can’t remember the name played all the rangers games sorry can’t be anymore help, good luck 

Always Hearts ♥️ 

carrick
21 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Was in Funchal two years ago and the Hole in one ( golf themed pub) would put the games on for me , the bar along the road and.sorry can’t remember the name played all the rangers games sorry can’t be anymore help, good luck 

Always Hearts ♥️ 

Cheers mate. Was in the hole in one today and never thought to ask. Will drop in tomorrow. There’s always the phone as a last resort

Seaside jambo
41 minutes ago, carrick said:

Cheers mate. Was in the hole in one today and never thought to ask. Will drop in tomorrow. There’s always the phone as a last resort

No problem 

hope things workout 👍

4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Anywhere in Benidorm?  Sorry haven’t checked the thread…….lazy barsteward 😁

Every second pub.😃

BlackhallJambo

Arriving in San Gimignano on Saturday. Long shot but if anyone knows where to watch the game in Tuscany on Sunday it would be greatly appreciated.

Gorgierools
9 minutes ago, BlackhallJambo said:

Arriving in San Gimignano on Saturday. Long shot but if anyone knows where to watch the game in Tuscany on Sunday it would be greatly appreciated.

Hearts TV international 

1 hour ago, BlackhallJambo said:

That's a tough one. There are one or two bars showing live sports in Florence but not sure they show Scottish games. Florence is a bit of a trek from San Gimignano in any case. I can't think of anywhere in Siena that would be likely to have the game I'm afraid.

BlackhallJambo

Thanks for your reply re Florence. Didn’t expect game to be Hearts TV so fingers crossed WiFi works in our Airbnb!

heatonjambo
On 19/04/2024 at 10:15, Taffin said:

On the move on London after supporting at the Marathon. Can see it being a frustrating experience, hopefully just from a viewing perspective rather than performance.

It’s on in the hope bar Fitzrovia if you can make it there

1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

It’s on in the hope bar Fitzrovia if you can make it there

Nice one, cheers 👍