Flower of Scotland at Hampden

asomerville

asomerville

Since the Bigot brothers will be singing God save the king. Let’s respond with Flower of Scotland since we are at the Scottish national stadium 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Farmer1

This is probably the most cringe thing I have seen on kickback. 

jamboozy

Hearts song please, let’s not get all political at a football match.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Don't think that one is in the Ultra songbook

Bazzas right boot

I'd join in on that, but I'd prefer Hearts songs only.

If we want to annoy TCFKARangers then all we need to do is sing

You let your club die 

Seems to work every time Tbh 

Jack Torrance

Had the pleasure of meeting both Corries many years ago. Lovely guys. Both Edinburgh lads. No problems joining in with that song but probably best stick to our Hearts songs and don't be drawn down to The Rangers level.

Sherbet
16 minutes ago, asomerville said:

Since the Bigot brothers will be singing God save the king. Let’s respond with Flower of Scotland since we are at the Scottish national stadium 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Why?

14 minutes ago, asomerville said:

I am one of those rare Hearts supporters who think it is an absolutely fantastic song . Genuinely love hearing it sung at Scotland games

Not for a Hearts game though . The Huns can make a ***** of themselves as much as they like with their unionist shite , we should stick to Hearts songs 

Doubt there are many more independence minded than me on here but it's a no from me. 

Hearts songs only please

Jim_Duncan
16 minutes ago, asomerville said:

Two dirges, both uninspiring and poorly sung by crowds.

I'll be going for the anatomically descriptive version of Scotland the Brave. Although in these heady days of the HCA, will it have to be a Highland Granny-slash-Grandad?

Hopefully the weirdo that joins in with the Huns when they sing GSTK/Q that sits in the Gorgie Stand will get lost somewhere on the M8 on Sunday.

Nikoliunas
19 minutes ago, asomerville said:

Why not join in? Wishing for the wellbeing of our ill king.

Luckies1874

Think I'll wait for June 14th in Munich for this one. 

Plenty Hearts songs on the go these days to create a great atmosphere. 

Edited by Luckies1874

2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Two dirges, both uninspiring and poorly sung by crowds.

I'll be going for the anatomically descriptive version of Scotland the Brave. Although in these heady days of the HCA, will it have to be a Highland Granny-slash-Grandad?

Hopefully the weirdo that joins in with the Huns when they sing GSTK/Q that sits in the Gorgie Stand will get lost somewhere on the M8 on Sunday.

There will be a few of those I reckon . Always is 

Benny Klack

Hearts songs only  - don’t rise to their pi4h

2 minutes ago, Nikoliunas said:

Yawn

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

This

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Is the correct answer.  

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There will be a few of those I reckon . Always is 

It was weird. Nearly the end of the game, some stock Rangers win, and they start belting out GSTK. From behind me I heard a guy - an ST regular, not a day-tripper in the wrong end - giving it a few bars. Not quietly under his breath, but clear as day.

Jim_Duncan
8 minutes ago, Nikoliunas said:

It's not god the man needs, its good medical care.

1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It was weird. Nearly the end of the game, some stock Rangers win, and they start belting out GSTK. From behind me I heard a guy - an ST regular, not a day-tripper in the wrong end - giving it a few bars. Not quietly under his breath, but clear as day.

The wee fud wrapped in the red hand of Ulster flag in the section over from me at the LC semi was doing the same . Unfortunately they will always be there but their numbers are always very low as a percentage of the support , despite the desperation of the old arseholes to pass it on to their poorly educated kids 

Daveandal

Flower of Scotland was often sung at Tyne against Rangers in the 80s and early 90s.

A few songs more associated with Celtic these days were sung in the 60s and 70s too.

1 minute ago, Daveandal said:

Flower of Scotland was often sung at Tyne against Rangers in the 80s and early 90s.

A few songs more associated with Celtic these days were sung in the 60s and 70s too.

The If you know your history song was still sung at Tynecastle in the 80 s , I have heard it myself 

Cruickie's Moustache

Hearts songs only, thanks.

Not sung FoS since the referendum. (Never really liked it anyway as its a bit of a dirge)

Can't see the point in singing along when there will be a percentage of hypocrites in the crowd who actually voted in the 55% to stop us reaching the goal  'to be the nation again'.

SectionN
30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am one of those rare Hearts supporters who think it is an absolutely fantastic song . Genuinely love hearing it sung at Scotland games

Not for a Hearts game though . The Huns can make a ***** of themselves as much as they like with their unionist shite , we should stick to Hearts songs 

A large amount of support are Unionists. 

Hashimoto

Flower of Scotland is one big dirge, absolutely woeful.....bin it!
No lover of GSTK either. 
Hearts songs for the semi final

Gundermann
31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

With you here. Would be tempted to join in but best to hear Hearts songs only.

Am content with the Saltire in our crest.

Gundermann
2 minutes ago, SectionN said:

A large amount of support are Unionists. 

Yeah some are but it doesn't stop the rugger lovers at Murrayfield belting it out.

SectionN
Just now, Gundermann said:

Yeah some are but it doesn't stop the rugger lovers at Murrayfield belting it out.

I was referring to the poster saying “Unionist shite” 

Just now, Gundermann said:

With you here. Would be tempted to join in but best to hear Hearts songs only.

Am content with the Saltire in our crest.

Me too . Topic and replies have gone the way you would expect and probably the way intended . Not a good time to be splitting the support imo , but hey ho 

53 minutes ago, asomerville said:

Donald Where's yer trousers and aye.

Stick to our own songbook...and on that note.....

I must admit to not knowing the second line to the updated "Stendel song"...just found the lyrics now.....for anyone else as deaf as me...

We've got a rapid Costa Rican

Australians and wingers from Japan

Steven Naismith is our leader, and he's got a master plan

Continental don't you know

Back to Europe's where we go

And we run the capital 

I P Knightley
36 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

..."And a hairy Fandad?" 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
53 minutes ago, asomerville said:

I like your thinking...would definitely GIRUT 

RustyRightPeg

What a bizarre thread.

• davemclaren locked this topic